F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

The slow pace clearly made it more boring for the drivers themselves but as viewers, we got to see some action and the wonder if Daniel would get to the finish or not. Bit disappointed more of a challenge didn't happen from Seb.

Nico is doing rather good videos on Youtube now, some good behind the scenes in this video below.

Last edited:
I vote gasly. Yes, Dani did good job, with his problems on MGU-K and lose ca. 25% of power but as first man have clear air and obviously much more better car for this track from others. But Gasly... I must to say - I like this young driver. Is with Ocon and leclerc real future of this sport and wee see almost in every race, this guy doing much better work as others (still young) drivers. Excelent example is what Stroll doo. ofcourse Williams is today worst as the others cars, but not so worst that tis guy lost almost one lap to his teammate, who was one place before him. And Gasly's defence over Hulk and verstappen, his top concentration to the end...Yes, this guy did well and I'm sure in the future show us much more.

The Monaco round could be so much better.

20 rental cars, a bowl of car keys numbered 1 through 20 established grid spot.

Do the race in rental Polos. These F1 cars have outgrown this circuit.

The Monaco round could be so much better.

20 rental cars, a bowl of car keys numbered 1 through 20 established grid spot.

Do the race in rental Polos. These F1 cars have outgrown this circuit.
All due to too much aero, dirty air and not being able to race in close proximity. Check this out. 1992. Senna and Mansell. Imagine that in 2018. Driving so close your front wing is continuously almost in the others gearbox. You can guess the result when you watch RBR @ Baku :p;).

Congrats to Ricardo: the best rave weekend i have seen from him so far:thumbsup:. Max did what he could during the race. Good ninth place. However, for me, that does not correct the mistake in FP3.
The race itself: boring:sleep:

How was Danni able to stay ahead with engine trouble?

I know there was something wrong with the Ferrari, but that happened later. He wasnt even able to catch Danni on the pit straight.

Obviusly Daniel, but the race needed more Kimi getting ice creams at the pit garage and him heading off to a yacht in the Marina as he proceeds to chill out with The Dudesons like he did a few years back when he crashed out mid race.

This time at Monaco
DeNdsYOW4AA78s_.jpg

I went with Danny too. He's PU troubles brought some excitement to the race. It's a race he deserved to win and he battled through to get the win, well deserved. I don't know about the race, I'd say it's good fun to drive on during qualifying when you don't have to worry as much about being stuck behind another car, but it's not great on race day. I don't know what they can do to fix that, the cars are just too fast, and the track is too narrow, I don't think aero changes will help introduce any closer racing or facilitate overtaking.

This race was tension for the inexperienced, but people that know Monaco knew well ahead of time that the only way Vettel was getting passed Ricciardo is if Ricciardo removed himself from the track by either pitting or retiring.

Monaco is such a bore for people who watch F1 for racing... Daniel can have it though. Sick qualy.

I've not voted. I don't have one. Lol. The worst kind of Monaco "race". Congrats to Danny ric, but he wouldn't have done it at any other track.
Except the part that both seb and hamilton could not pull him in and once he was at the end of the race got into the 16s. Both hamilton and seb were slower in fully functioning cars. If Dan had a healthy car he would of had th pace to lap the field potentially. 2 seconds a lap the failed mguk cost him

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%