Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

6.3 Overtaking and Defending
C) The defending driver is allowed to defend his position by changing lines once per straight.
No it's not! you changed 6-7 times...
Car is not directly behind me...and this is not a defending move.
You can try and brake a slipstream...as you can see once he got close to me I picked my line to defend a corner and everything is fine.

You CAN brake a slipstream if it's safe enough. He was far away from me when I did that...and I left him room on the inside when he divebombed me.

upload_2018-10-2_16-19-44-png.272340

Race Time: 8:00 pm (GMT)

Host: Ben Goldie | PSN: FAP_DemoN
Backup Host: Thomas Jonsson | PSN: Vithjalmen

Pole Position Award: Sean van Belkom (10)
Fastest Lap Award: Ben Goldie (5)
Driver of the Day Award: Michael Fleming, Sean van Belkom, Mitchell Haverlag (3)

S9 Pole: Mikey Woolford (1:36.553)
S9 Podium:
Mikey Woolford
2. Mitchell Haverlag
3. Sean van Belkom

Drivers Standings (Top 3)
Sean van Belkom (Ferrari) - 340 Points
2. Michael Fleming - 327 Points
3. Mitchell Haverlag (Ferrari) - 268 Points

Constructors Standings (Top 3)
Ferrari - 608 Points
2. Toro Rosso - 474 Points
3. Red Bull - 343 Points

Pre Race Questions:
1. What do you think of the Abu Dhabi track? Is it a good place to have a season finale, if not, where would you have it?
2. How would you rate (out of 10) your personal performance this season? Are you happy with how results went? Where do you feel you need to improve the most?
3. What was your favourite race this season?
4. Who do you think will win the RaceDepartment Season 11 title?
5. How could we improve in terms of how the league is run?

Excused Absences:
- Toni Sokolov (Force India)
- Sjors van de Brug (Mercedes)
- Martijn Boontje (Sauber)
- Jake Taylor (Haas)

Reserve List:

Penalties From Previous Race(s):
- Mitchell Haverlag - Quali ban

Post Race Penalties:

Last edited:
Qually went okay, 1.07.6xx, could have been two tenths quicker which would have put me higher up, it was really tight from p5 to the back of the grid. 11th for me.

Race: Start was good, gave everyone plenty of room and tucked in behind Dan. Turn 3/4 at the end of the straight Dan's early braking caught me out and then Vitjalmen was never gonna make the corner and rammed into my rear, which pushed me again into Dan and damaging my front wing. Being used to broken front wings now for 6 races in a row, I continued but I did not re-enter the track safely and I got into a pack of drivers. If anyone was harmed there, please report me to the stewards as I am the one to blame there.

Sat it out till lap 10, losing soso mu time in the aero parts of the track but I had good mechanical grip so I was able to stay in touch of the midfield pack. Went to the mediums and hoped for a safety car later on and changed my front wing. Got out just in front of Vitjalmen, was desperate to stay in front so I kept my fuel mix to rich and high/overtake ERS and that caught me out on cold mediums, sent me into a half spin and to make matters worse Vitjalmen unfortunately couldnt avoid me and my front wing was again broken. The game also gave me a 5 sec. stop and go penalty so I sent the car back to the pits and retired.

Qually went okay, 1.07.6xx, could have been two tenths quicker which would have put me higher up, it was really tight from p5 to the back of the grid. 11th for me.

Race: Start was good, gave everyone plenty of room and tucked in behind Dan. Turn 3/4 at the end of the straight Dan's early braking caught me out and then Vitjalmen was never gonna make the corner and rammed into my rear, which pushed me again into Dan and damaging my front wing. Being used to broken front wings now for 6 races in a row, I continued but I did not re-enter the track safely and I got into a pack of drivers. If anyone was harmed there, please report me to the stewards as I am the one to blame there.

Sat it out till lap 10, losing soso mu time in the aero parts of the track but I had good mechanical grip so I was able to stay in touch of the midfield pack. Went to the mediums and hoped for a safety car later on and changed my front wing. Got out just in front of Vitjalmen, was desperate to stay in front so I kept my fuel mix to rich and high/overtake ERS and that caught me out on cold mediums, sent me into a half spin and to make matters worse Vitjalmen unfortunately couldnt avoid me and my front wing was again broken. The game also gave me a 5 sec. stop and go penalty so I sent the car back to the pits and retired.

As for the first incident , I was going to make the corner just fine, will post a video later, but was caught out by the early braking, sorry for that and I let you through nonetheless.
As for the second I was way outside the track an I´d thought that I avoided you, but clearly not.

• @Mitchell Haverlag (Raimith92)
  • Brazil (Round 20)
  • I complete my lap, see that Mitchell is approaching on the mini-map, I pull over slow down to ensure I don't block him into T4, he comes across in an effort to get slipstream and clatters into me, retiring me from the session and preventing me from improving my laptime. He went on to qualify ahead of me. Mitchell says this was desync but in my opinion this is just a sever misjudgment of closing speed regardless, and this culture of trying to whore any bit of slipstream possible is a dangerous one, especially when you're trying to slipstream a car doing 90mph. My session was ruined and my race was compromised by this.

• @Mitchell Haverlag (Raimith92)
  • Brazil (Round 20)
  • I complete my lap, see that Mitchell is approaching on the mini-map, I pull over slow down to ensure I don't block him into T4, he comes across in an effort to get slipstream and clatters into me, retiring me from the session and preventing me from improving my laptime. He went on to qualify ahead of me. Mitchell says this was desync but in my opinion this is just a sever misjudgment of closing speed regardless, and this culture of trying to whore any bit of slipstream possible is a dangerous one, especially when you're trying to slipstream a car doing 90mph. My session was ruined and my race was compromised by this.

First of all, obviously I didn't had any intention to hit Harry and compromise his qualy or race. Second of all I would like to give Codemasters 10/10 for all the desyncing!
In the moment it is natural that I want to extract every little tenth but seeing this I will never slipstream anyone like this because of the danger to hit the car in front.

I would like to apoligise to Harry for ruining his qualy. However, as you can see in the video I clearly I didn't hit him on my screen. Aside from that I didn't had any damage. As I said before, I will not try to slipstream anybody on a hotlap anymore.

Race Report:
Qualifying - P15
Invalidated my best lap so was stuck with a time 4 tenths slower and that put me on the back row of the grid.

Race - P5
Decided to start on mediums and try and stick with slipstream and DRS of the cars ahead though it didn't really turn out that way. Managed to avoid the incidents at the start and after that it was just about keeping it on the track. Was basically on my own till the second stint. Came in early for softs rather than waiting for supers, as there were a few guys closing in behind so decided to avoid them. Once Harry pitted, had a decent battle with Jerry, it took a few laps to get by, once I did I thought he'd beat me on penalties as there weren't many laps left and I had a 5 second penalty for speeding in the pits but luckily for me he made a mistake which let me keep the position.
Brought it home in P5, joint best result of the season, though it was mainly due to other people having problems but I'll take it after some of the races I've been having recently.

Congrats to Sean on the win and well done to Mitchell and Dawid on the podium.

I'm using this thread to gauge interest for another season of racing at Race Department. Races will continue to be on Tuesday evenings, and will most likely be a shortened calendar (around 15 races) starting 2nd April (give or take a week).
If you are interested in racing full time next season please reply below. If you know anyone else that might be interested in racing with us, please guide them to the site and have them make a post here themselves.
Only post if you are planning on racing full time next season.

Note: The running of season 12 will most likely depend on there being enough people participating. If there is not enough interest, the league will not go ahead, at least not on F1 2018.

Driver List:
1. Sean van Belkom
2. Martijn Boontje
3. Jerry Moorrees
4. James Ratiff
5. Mitchell Haverlag
6. Don_Cecchi
7. Broccolli0Ninja
8. Sjorsvdbrug
9. IvorBrynMike

Last edited:
Q: 3rd (SS)
Rescued a dreadful session to claw out a lap good enough for P3. Decent considering the pressure I put myself under on that last run tbf.

R: DNF (SS-M)
Was clear that I didn't quite have the pace of the front 3 in the first stint - apologies to those affected by my horrific internet in the early stages.

Was able to look after the tyres well so extended the stint by an extra lap which proved to be a mistake as Dan couldn't leave the pits and I was made to wait for over a minute.

Eventually came out a lap down and continued just in case I could scrape the odd point - which I would have done if I didn't pit for fresh Supers to go for a glory run.

Toro Rosso pits seriously glitched that race and I was held for the remaining 3 laps.

Obviously disappointing to lose so many championship points in that way, but in reality it makes no difference. Sean was on another planet last night and executed a perfect race when it was most needed. Truly a champion's drive.

I'll give it everything at Abu Dhabi, hoping to finish the season with a more enjoyable race now that the pressure is off :D

Pre Race Questions:
1. What do you think of the Abu Dhabi track? Is it a good place to have a season finale, if not, where would you have it?

Don't like but don't hate it either.
Brazil is much better in terms of an exiting season ender.
2. How would you rate (out of 10) your personal performance this season? Are you happy with how results went? Where do you feel you need to improve the most?
3/10 i've been shocking. Need to be able to nail qualifying. And to many DNF.
3. What was your favourite race this season?
Baku which were my best result.
4. Who do you think will win the RaceDepartment Season 11 title?
Think Michael will take it, if he don't get stuck in the pit's ofc.
5. How could we improve in terms of how the league is run?
Nothing in my opinion, as a racer i haven't come across any problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 78 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 58 21.8%
  • Trophies