Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Christ league racing is so much more fun with no pressure on :roflmao:

Had a blast tonight and it's been a fantastic season. Thank you @Andrew Wood and @Hasnain282 for organising the league brilliantly! And of course @Martijn Boontje for keeping the standings updated.

Congratulations @Sean van Belkom on a brilliant championship. Really matured throughout the season in terms of race management and keeping the penalties down - Italy was a real turning point in that sense.

I had no expectation to be in the hunt for the title having not raced for a long time before the start of the season but I am hugely proud of my ability to maximise my points scoring in almost every race this season (despite a slight blip at Spa and Singapore).

Think I'm going to hang the wheel up now as I've achieved more than I ever thought I would when I joined this league in 2016. It's been super fun to be involved in and almost all of my favourite league racing moments have come in RaceDepartment.

I'll still be around, and I'm sure I'll end up reserving a few races in the future when I get the hunger for it once again :)

Thank you to all the drivers for a great season and I wish you all every success in S12 and beyond :cool:

Christ league racing is so much more fun with no pressure on :roflmao:

Had a blast tonight and it's been a fantastic season. Thank you @Andrew Wood and @Hasnain282 for organising the league brilliantly! And of course @Martijn Boontje for keeping the standings updated.

Congratulations @Sean van Belkom on a brilliant championship. Really matured throughout the season in terms of race management and keeping the penalties down - Italy was a real turning point in that sense.

I had no expectation to be in the hunt for the title having not raced for a long time before the start of the season but I am hugely proud of my ability to maximise my points scoring in almost every race this season (despite a slight blip at Spa and Singapore).

Think I'm going to hang the wheel up now as I've achieved more than I ever thought I would when I joined this league in 2016. It's been super fun to be involved in and almost all of my favourite league racing moments have come in RaceDepartment.

I'll still be around, and I'm sure I'll end up reserving a few races in the future when I get the hunger for it once again :)

Thank you to all the drivers for a great season and I wish you all every success in S12 and beyond :cool:
Shame you not racing next season cause the fight we had for the Championship was truly great and love it when it was decided in the final round of the season. Hope you still stick around here and race you again, you're a great guy with a good sense of humor so hopefully you change your mind and race full time here:rolleyes:. (I can only hope it will happen:notworthy:)

It is now time for the End of Season awards to be handed out. Below is the list of awards, you can pick up to 3 drivers for each award but you can't choose yourself.

Driver of the season:

Underrated driver of the season:

Disappointment of the season:

Best individual performance:

Most consistent driver:

Least consistent driver:

Most likely to crash:

Best strategist:

Hardest to pass:

Best wheel to wheel racer:

Most improved throughout the season:

Deadline for voting is Friday 22nd March 8pm GMT

Driver of the season:
1. Sean
2. Shellay
3. Ben

1. Jake
2. Dan
3. Hasnain

1. Mitchell
2. Harry
3. Dawid

1. Jamie in Russia
2. Shellay in Monaco
3. Shellay in USA

Most consistent driver:
1. Dan
2. Hasnain
3. Martijn/Gerard

Least consistent driver:
1. Ben
2. Dawid
3. Harry

Most likely to crash:
1. Harry
2. Thomas
3. Alex K.

Best strategist:
1. Dan
2. Shellay
3. Hasnain

Hardest to pass:
1. Sean
2. Mitchell
3. Frederik

1. Shellay
2. Dan
3. Hasnain

1. Ben
2. Mitchell
3. Hasnain

This is probably going to be my last race here for a while. Exams and working in the summer with a girlfriend to spend time with and what not, it's not something I'll really be able to dedicate the amount of time I'd want and the league deserves from a driver participating.

It was great to end on such a high though. Not only with the win tonight, but to find such incredible form and consistency in the last 9 or 10 rounds has been very satisfying against some very talented individuals. I would definitely say I'm driving better than ever before right now, and the RD environment is definitely a contributing factor to that.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at RD here in the last two seasons, and I'm sure I'll be returning some day. Most likely for S13 on F1 2019, but quite probably as a reserve on a few occasions next season when it takes my fancy. Thanks to all the organisers for creating such a nice vibe for league racing, and thanks to the drivers too that I've been able to share some great moments with.

Huge credit to both Sean and Michael for how they've driven this season. They've both excelled themselves in their respective ways. Picking up P5 probably shows where I'm at compared to the other drivers in this league well, and I'm very satisfied with that, particularly after where I was at the half way point xD

Maybe some day I'll be on the level of the guys ahead, but for now at least I'm proud to see how much smaller I've made that gap, and on occasion like today I can make it disappear.

I'll leave you with my fastest lap of the race which I'm extremely delighted by. Hard to believe it's me driving when I watch it back and compare times to some other drivers most commonly known as aliens.

See you soon :p

https://twitter.com/FAP_DemoN/status/1105613517741277184?s=19

Driver of the season:
1. Sean
2. Shellay
3. Jake

1. Jake
2. Dan
3. Hasnain

1. Harry
2. Dawid
3. Mitchell

1. Shellay in Monaco
2. Sean in Italy
3. Shellay in USA

Most consistent driver:
1. Dan
2. Hasnain
3. Jake

Least consistent driver:
1. Dawid
2. Harry
3. Mitchell

Most likely to crash:
1. Harry
2. James
3. Alex K

Best strategist:
1. Shellay
2. Dan
3. Hasnain

Hardest to pass:
1. Sean
2. Harry
3. Mitchell

1. Shellay
2. Alex
3. Dan

1. Mitchell
2. Hasnain
3. Dawid

First of all Thanks to Andrew, Martijn and Hasnain to keep things organised! Huge effort from them!

It was fun starting at the back. Had some nice battles!

This is season I struggled many times setting up the car the way I like it with the practice I've had. Thats why I am happy to be 3rd in the standings! Lets see if there will be a next season.

Highlights:

Last edited:
Race Report
Qualifying - P9
Was surprised to be so high up given I was 1.9s off pole, lap was a PB but had been quicker in S1 and 2 in practice

Race - P7
Managed to survive the opening laps and after that I was pushed all the way by Gerard. He was a few tenths a lap quicker than me and eventually got me on the last lap though I knew he had more penalties and so I got the position back in the end. A decent race for me to finish the season though my times were all over the place.

Congrats to to Ben on the win and well done to Alex and Sean on the podium.

Also congratulations to Sean on winning his second Race Department Drivers Title.

Just want to say thank you to all those that took part this season, it's been good fun with some good battles throughout. Also thanks to Andrew and Mikey for helping out behind the scenes. I haven't really had much to do in terms of keeping things going, most of you are more experienced than me when it comes to league racing so you know how it all works.
It's looking unlikely that there'll be another season on this game but you never know. If that is the case, keep an eye out on the forums/discord closer to the time F1 2019 comes out.
Anyways I wish you luck in any future racing endeavours you take part in and I'll hopefully see you guys around. :)

Hasnain.

Really hoped I would end the season on a high. But that hope vanished coming out of turn 3 on lap 5:(
Would like to say thank you for an enjoyable season racing you guys, a season which have been more on the low side from my own perspective, but also a season where I would like to think I have improved as a none racing line driver, which is all because of this incredibly talented lineup i've been “forced” to compete against. For that opportunity i'm really gratefull.
Unfortunately I won't be competing in a possible 12th season on this game, since the time to practice for 2 league races in a week simply isn't there, but if the time comes where I will have the time I won't hesitate to sign up for a future season in Racedepartment.
Again thank you to you all.
FAP_Alex out ;)

Driver of the season:
1. Sean
2. Ben
3. Dan

1. Jake
2. Dan
3. Hasnain

1. Dawid
2. Harry
3. Alex K

1. Mitchell - Mexico
2. Sean - Singapore
3. Jake - Britain

Most consistent driver:
1. Dan
2. Toni
3. Hasnain

Least consistent driver:
1. Ben
2. Dawid
3. Mitchell

Most likely to crash:
1. Andrea
2. Alex K
3. Thomas

Best strategist:
1. Dan
2. Alex G
3. Sean

Hardest to pass:
1. Sean
2. Alex G
3. Mitchell

1. Dan
2. Thomas
3. Mitchell

1. Ben
2. Mitchell
3. Martijn

Driver of the season:
1. Sean
2. Shellay
3. Mitchell

1. Dan
2. Ben
3. Hasnain

1. Sean
2. Harry
3. Dawid

1. Jamie in Russia
2. Sean in France
3. Shellay in Austria

Most consistent driver:
1. Dan
2. Hasnain
3. Roimata

Least consistent driver:
1. Dawid
2. Harry
3. Ben

Most likely to crash:
1. Harry
2. Cro Nexus
3. Alex K.

Best strategist:
1. Dan
2. Shellay
3. Alex G

Hardest to pass:
1. Mitchell
2. Alex G
3. Sean

1. Shellay
2. Dan
3. Alex K

1. Ben
2. Mitchell
3. Roimata

Well were should i start, this season was the most exciting season i drove since i join here back in april 2017. The season started off great with a 1-2 in Australia and after that it was bit of inconsistent. China was a great one starting on pole with the soft compound tyre and winning the race was i realise i could maybe get a back to back title. Then France came and it hit really hard to me when i DNF'ed 5m before the finish line. Italy was a turning point and the title fight was back on. Then Mexico was like a heart break for me cause i was doing well until the tyre temps kicking in and finished in P5 Shellay in P2. From their i Already losed hope cause the gap was 12 points and i Thought its game over. Then quali came and setting a great lap time gaved me some hope. The race itself was very good but when Mitchell said to me that Shellay was stuck in pit lane and i couldnt believe it but i had to focus on my own race and finish the race. Abu dhabi was the final one and it was the most stressful race i drove in a while, battling with Harry, Dan and dawidos and was losing more and more time to Shellay. Then i pitted for Supers and the pace kicked in and finished in P3. Very exciting season it was and hopefully we get more drivers signing up for S12.
Also want to say R.I.P Charlie Whiting a shock in the F1 paddock and will be sorely missed

The results are IN!

Last win of the season goes to Martijn Boontje, and uncharacteristically, a poor showing from Daniel Newcombe hands the overall win of the F1 2018 fantasy standings to Martijn Boontje! Congrats on your win.

Here's the results ...

Abu Dhabi Results:
1. Martijn Boontje : 15pts
2. Hasnain Aslam : 14pts
3. Jake Taylor : 13pts
- Ben Goldie : 13pts
5. James Ratiff : 10pts
6. Andrew Wood : 9pts
7. Thomas Jonsson : 5pts
8. Daniel Newcombe : 3pts

Individual Round Wins:
Thomas Jonsson - 4 (Australia, Bahrain, Baku, tie - USA)
Daniel Newcombe - 4 (China, Russia, tie - USA, Mexico)
Hasnain Aslam - 4 (Spain, Austria, Singapore, Brazil)
Alex Krois - 3 (tie - Monaco, Belgium, Italy)
Martijn Boontje - 3 (tie - Canada, Japan, Abu Dhabi)
Andrew Wood - 2 (France, Hungary)

Ben Goldie - 1 (tie - Monaco)
Michael Fleming - 1 (tie - Canada)
Jake Taylor - 1 (Britain)
Luke Cage - 1 (Germany)

Final Standings :

1. Martijn Boontje : 216pts
2. Daniel Newcombe : 211pts
3. Ben Goldie : 201pts
4. Hasnain Aslam : 199pts
5. Jake Taylor : 190pts
6. Thomas Jonsson : 186pts
7. Andrew Wood : 176pts
8. Alex Krois : 146pts
9. Michael Fleming : 135pts
- James Ratiff : 135pts
11. Dawid Wisniewski : 126pts
12. Luke Cage : 60pts
13. Andrea Cecchini : 48pts
14. Brandon Jackson : 33pts
15. Fredrik Hahlin : 29pts
16. Jerry Moorrees : 13pts
17. Toni Sokolov : 10pts

Score Sheet :
https://imgur.com/uaEuSDf (can be viewed on PC only!)
Thank you to all that participated this season. It's been a lot of fun and I hope you enjoyed it also!

Thanks to all who left kind words about the running of this league. I have put a lot of time and effort in to keeping everyone on the straight and narrow here while also encouraging a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Over the last few seasons, the competition really kicked in to high gear around here, but we never lost focus that although we needed a certain level of competition, the camaraderie always came first.

I have been here for 9 out of the 11 seasons and have seen a lot of people come and go, and it is very hard for me to fully step away, but I do feel that it is time. I hope that in some way, the legacy of this league lives on and you guys can continue to bring in new drivers and keep this going, but it is time for me to move on to other ventures.

Have a great offseason, and don't be afraid to keep in touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back