Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Pre Race Questions:
1. What do you think of the Abu Dhabi track? Is it a good place to have a season finale, if not, where would you have it?

Well I do tend to bum this track, but that's largely just to being good at it. The track itself is a bit average and has no heritage. It works as a finale though so can't complain too much.
2. How would you rate (out of 10) your personal performance this season? Are you happy with how results went? Where do you feel you need to improve the most?
7/10 First half was awful but I didn't really focus too much on my results. The second half has been much, much better. A few results slipped away still, but given the quality of the guys beating me I can't be too upset. Avoiding penalties is probably the biggest thing for me to work on now.
3. What was your favourite race this season?
Last stint at Belgium was incredible fun
4. Who do you think will win the RaceDepartment Season 11 title?
Sean's to lose thanks to codemasters
5. How could we improve in terms of how the league is run?
The penalty points system is totally redundant in my opinion. Mitchell's penalty at CotA for instance, he might as well have not been punished.

Consistent broadcast implemented like last season.

New drivers have to prove themselves in some form before being added in to races. NUFC in Australia, CNF Morgan and ShupaSharpShuta come to mind.

Fix the fantasy points system.

Constructive criticism. Have very much enjoyed my time here at RD. Unsure whether I'll continue on yet but outside of AOR this is the only place I feel like I could have an enjoyable time racing.

Pre Race Questions:
1. What do you think of the Abu Dhabi track? Is it a good place to have a season finale, if not, where would you have it?

Well I do tend to bum this track, but that's largely just to being good at it. The track itself is a bit average and has no heritage. It works as a finale though so can't complain too much.
2. How would you rate (out of 10) your personal performance this season? Are you happy with how results went? Where do you feel you need to improve the most?
7/10 First half was awful but I didn't really focus too much on my results. The second half has been much, much better. A few results slipped away still, but given the quality of the guys beating me I can't be too upset. Avoiding penalties is probably the biggest thing for me to work on now.
Last stint at Belgium was incredible fun
Sean's to lose thanks to codemasters
The penalty points system is totally redundant in my opinion. Mitchell's penalty at CotA for instance, he might as well have not been punished.

New drivers have to prove themselves in some form before being added in to races. NUFC in Australia, CNF Morgan and ShupaSharpShuta come to mind.

Constructive criticism. Have very much enjoyed my time here at RD. Unsure whether I'll continue on yet but outside of AOR this is the only place I feel like I could have an enjoyable time racing.
It will happen:cool:

Pre Race Questions:
It needs to Brazil to be the final race
I give it a 8, good performance all round Except at some races.
France, crashing 5 meter before the finish line, nobody can that
Yeah its up to Codemasters
5. How could we improve in terms of how the league is
More promotion through Twitter or so and a commentator Would be nice

Standings updated after round 20:

Turning Tables by Adele is screaming through the speakers in Seans room as he claimed another win, a very crucial one as Bugmasters prevented his direct opponent, Micheal, from scoring points. 13 points is the difference between the two going into the last race of the season. A solid drive from Hasnain saw him take 5th, his best result of the season. He is looking to be the winner of the P10 battle this season. Congrats! Jerry finished a very strong 6th in Brasil. It must be noted that Jerry is scoring very well lately, which saw him make a huge move up in the standings. Ben now closed up to Dan, can he pick another spot in the last race and who will be crowned the champion of RaceDepartment this seaon?

STEWARD RESULTS:
1. HRacingGreen v Raimith : warning to Mitchell

Mitchell did not make any contact with HRacing in qualifying. Clearly seen from Raimith's point of view. However, the move to dive down was indeed seen a bit dangerous from the stewards, so a warning will be handed to Raimith for this to be more careful in the Q session.

2. danthesnake v Raimith : no further action

What happened here is a Codemasters' failure, as the game drove Raimith all the way down to turn 4 and stuck him there.

Please retire in the pits if you want to retire from Q so this doesn't happen again.

However, as 2 stewards complaints were lodged on Mitchell and two drivers were directly affected by these unfortunate circumstances, the stewards are requesting that Mitchell sits out of qualifying for the Abu Dhabi race this week.

Fantasy points will be updated when I wake up.

Thank you all for your patience as we were waiting for the steward reports before updating fantasy, and I wasn't able to get to this yesterday. But here we are finally with the results! A high scoring week for just about all of you. Hasnain takes win number 4 on the season.

Brazil results:
1. Hasnain Aslam : 18pts
2. Martijn Boontje : 16pts
3. Thomas Jonsson : 15pts
4. Jake Taylor : 14pts
5. Ben Goldie : 13pts
6. Daniel Newcombe : 12pts
7. James Ratiff : 6pts

Individual Round Wins:
Thomas Jonsson - 4 (Australia, Bahrain, Baku, tie - USA)
Daniel Newcombe - 4 (China, Russia, tie - USA, Mexico)
Hasnain Aslam - 4 (Spain, Austria, Singapore, Brazil)
Alex Krois - 3 (tie - Monaco, Belgium, Italy)
Andrew Wood - 2 (France, Hungary)
Martijn Boontje - 2 (tie - Canada, Japan)

Ben Goldie - 1 (tie - Monaco)
Michael Fleming - 1 (tie - Canada)
Jake Taylor - 1 (Britain)
Luke Cage - 1 (Germany)

Season Standings :

1. Daniel Newcombe : 208pts
2. Martijn Boontje : 201pts
3. Ben Goldie : 188pts
4. Hasnain Aslam : 185pts
5. Thomas Jonsson : 181pts
6. Jake Taylor : 177pts
7. Andrew Wood : 167pts
8. Alex Krois : 146pts
9. Michael Fleming : 135pts
10. Dawid Wisniewski : 126pts
11. James Ratiff : 125pts
12. Luke Cage : 60pts
13. Andrea Cecchini : 48pts
14. Brandon Jackson : 33pts
15. Fredrik Hahlin : 29pts
16. Jerry Moorrees : 13pts
17. Toni Sokolov : 10pts

The lead tightens slightly going in to the final race of the season. Martijn and Dan will be really thinking long and hard about their picks to come out on top. Who will win season 2 of the F1 fantasy game?!

Score Sheet:
https://imgur.com/IUvGPLi (can be viewed on PC only!)

Pre Race Questions:

I appreciate you jotting things down and your feedback as it shows that you have some dedication and passion for the league -- and you and i have discussed some of this stuff privately. But can you expand further perhaps on some ideas to actually carry some of these things out?

You brought up Mitchell's "lack" of penalty at COTA. The penalty points are used to discipline bad behavior, and over the course of a season these are to add up in to their own punishments. Mitchell did not need further penalty from the incident with Jake as he pulled over and stopped for over 10 seconds to wait for Jake to take the position back. Previous incidents this season where people took someone out and continued racing without any regard got handed a 10 second penalty. Why does a driver need to be punished with a further time penalty for doing the right thing where the same penalty for driving with no respect or regard for others would have yielded the same thing? I discussed this same ideal with you when I had that Germany AOR incident with you. Please explain so I can understand.

I appreciate you jotting things down and your feedback as it shows that you have some dedication and passion for the league -- and you and i have discussed some of this stuff privately. But can you expand further perhaps on some ideas to actually carry some of these things out?

You brought up Mitchell's "lack" of penalty at COTA. The penalty points are used to discipline bad behavior, and over the course of a season these are to add up in to their own punishments. Mitchell did not need further penalty from the incident with Jake as he pulled over and stopped for over 10 seconds to wait for Jake to take the position back. Previous incidents this season where people took someone out and continued racing without any regard got handed a 10 second penalty. Why does a driver need to be punished with a further time penalty for doing the right thing where the same penalty for driving with no respect or regard for others would have yielded the same thing? I discussed this same ideal with you when I had that Germany AOR incident with you. Please explain so I can understand.
I'll write an essay at some point.

For the Mitchell incident you brought up, the main issue you have to recognise there is where did Mitchell go on to finish in that race compared to the two cars he'd given damage to? Much, much higher, when at that point of the incident they were very much in the same race. Undoubtedly the incident has had a greater impact on those guys than it has him even with him slowing down. You've tried to compensate for that with penalty points, but the issue in that for me is the penalty point system itself. It would take an awful lot of bad behaviour for anyone to reach the penalty points required for punishment to take place, and that's something that doesn't happen in this league.

Whilst you say it is sporting to wait up for an effected driver from an incident, and whilst yes it is, it isn't the best solution. Drivers SHOULDN'T be encouraged to wait up for another driver they've caused an incident with. This is for a few reasons:

1. Waiting up can be dangerous, especially with the inherent game desync. All cars in a race should be operating at racing speed as long as it is in their power to do so.

2. You would never see a driver in real life wait for another driver like this. Partly this is for the first reason, but also it is because it allows the stewards to assess the ramifications of the incident much clearer. Stewarding is something that should be done off the circuit- not on it by the drivers.

So the obvious solution to this for me is to stop encouraging drivers to wait up after causing an incident, and amend the penalty point system so that if that course of punishment is chosen to be used, it wouldn't have to take a series of massacres before it actually comes into effect. You only have to see the penalty points across this season tallied up compared to the first penalty point total required for a penalty to see my point here. Receiving penalty points is basically just a warning as it is now, which is not the intended purpose of the system.

Obviously this is also due to the lack of incidents inherent in this league, but unquestionably the differences are too large for it to have any meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back