F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Anyone know why I still have a faint mask of Akkerman's helmet after replacing the following files with mine?

2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet_d
2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet_wing_d
2021-custom-casperakkerman_visor_attachments_d

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a 2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet.erp file. Need to edit that.

EDIT2: That didn't help. I still see the dragon on top, etc. but very faint.

Last edited:
Anyone know why I still have a faint mask of Akkerman's helmet after replacing the following files with mine?

2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet_d
2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet_wing_d
2021-custom-casperakkerman_visor_attachments_d

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a 2021-custom-casperakkerman_helmet.erp file. Need to edit that.

EDIT2: That didn't help. I still see the dragon on top, etc. but very faint.
All ending _S have to be replace, spec map

use this color, just put a big square same size of each file, save it in DDS linear
1626747345605.png

Last edited:
Few more questions:

Looking at \2021_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\garagecrew\2021\garagecrew.erp...

It looks like the race crew model is broken up into headphones, shirts, shorts, trainers, etc. but the model is just one complete model. Is there just not a model available for 2021 that has each of these components or should I break up the flat image into smaller 'chunks' and save appropriately? Similarly for the pitcrew, assuming it is pitstops.erp...do I need to break them into chunks?

Still on the hunt for the rain jacket and umbrella, not sure which ERP those are in but may have questions there.

Last year I just did the car livery and driver suit/helmet but this year I'm going all out and modifying everything I can that pertains to my team.

Few more questions:

Looking at \2021_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\garagecrew\2021\garagecrew.erp...

It looks like the race crew model is broken up into headphones, shirts, shorts, trainers, etc. but the model is just one complete model. Is there just not a model available for 2021 that has each of these components or should I break up the flat image into smaller 'chunks' and save appropriately? Similarly for the pitcrew, assuming it is pitstops.erp...do I need to break them into chunks?

Still on the hunt for the rain jacket and umbrella, not sure which ERP those are in but may have questions there.

Last year I just did the car livery and driver suit/helmet but this year I'm going all out and modifying everything I can that pertains to my team.
i havent check at it, but dunno, to be honest

Few more questions:

By what I have seen other people who are modding are saying that
Few more questions:

I mean I don't do liveries only faces but I haven't seen any mod for f1 2021 where they changed rain jacket and umbrella.
So I don't even know if anyone found it tbh

By what I have seen other people who are modding are saying that

I mean I don't do liveries only faces but I haven't seen any mod for f1 2021 where they changed rain jacket and umbrella.
So I don't even know if anyone found it tbh
Personnally, those umbrella etc, i dont care, we saw them, something quickly far away..... putting time on that its worthless. Thats the reason why i dont do them. Waste of time for 5 sec appearance and anyway will get the color choosen at the start of myteam

Gotta say I agree with you
Personnally, those umbrella etc, i dont care, we saw them, something quickly far away..... putting time on that its worthless. Thats the reason why i dont do them. Waste of time for 5 sec appearance and anyway will get the color choosen at the start of myteam
I agree with you on that tbh it's really not worth it.
But some modders modify the umbrellas as well.

Gotta say I agree with you
I agree with you on that tbh it's really not worth it.
But some modders modify the umbrellas as well.

Umbrella took like 3 seconds to do (just a couple of logos) but my issue I don't know how to import the DDS for some of the other stuff like pit crew and race crew because it seems to be broken up into chunks...will have to interrogate someone who has done that for 2021 lol.

Does someone knows an efficient way to 'transfer' F12020 numbers to F12021? When I import with "Import All" with ego erp they seem shrunk and appear blurry ingame.
Just wondering if there exists a mechanism for getting all numbers into the file and not importing 99 files manually.

Hey everyone, quick question regarding visor stickers for the helmets...

I have an old Alpha Tauri helmet mod that I want to use from a previous game, however, the HONDA text on the visor is super stretched (see picture below).

helmet 1.jpg

I figured the sizing or something was off, so I decided to just go into the directory and grab the HONDA 'visor_attachment_d' file from Pierre Gasly's driver erp to be sure it's the right size and just use that one. However, I still get the same stretching with it from the 1st picture.

For reference, the picture below is an in-game screenshot of Pierre's helmet and how the HONDA text is supposed to look.
helmet 2.jpg

Am I doing something wrong, or are the 'visor_attachments_d.tif' files incompatible in some way or something? I am using Devon Butler's helmet for my Alpha Tauri mod and replacing the 'visor_attrachments_d.tif' files in both erp's if that makes any difference. Sorry if this is a dumb question lol, but as you can see I am fairly new to this modding stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Last edited:
Hello everybody. How can I edit car performances? I really don't like Haas being able to outqualify Russell and some other guys. They should be way slower than the rest of the grid and they r faster than Williams atm. I cannot start career until I fix it.

Hello everybody. How can I edit car performances? I really don't like Haas being able to outqualify Russell and some other guys. They should be way slower than the rest of the grid and they r faster than Williams atm. I cannot start career until I fix it.
Codemasters will eventually fix that so just be patient.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back