F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Hi!

Do you know if it is possible to increase the AI retirements due to reliability?

I would like to replicate the older F1 days where midfields had a better chance to score podiums/higher results in those years because reliability was much worse.

Thanks in advance!

Haha, I literally just had the same thought. I literally just finished all of the 'pieces' using 2020 models or images (even things like computer monitors!) but then went to start importing it all and found that it's all broken up by garment instead of a single texture and I've decided that, unfortunately, for now due to lack of 2021 3D models I'm done with my Duck Creek Technologies livery. I'm about to upload v1.3 which contains a custom helmet but other than that, I don't have the time to edit a DDS, copy it and repeat that 1000 times per DDS file. Didn't even take into account trying to get to the pit stop lol. Oof.

So, that's it for me for now. My day job and home responsibilities preclude me from putting any more time in.

EDIT: BTW, you live in Tampa Bay? I see you're a lightening fan. I'm a Rangers fan but just moved from upstate NY to Tampa Bay. Howdy!

The easiest way to do the race crew right now without 3D models is just export a team‘s kit that you like the logos placement/style and then put your logos in the same spot (or obvious places you can clearly see where they’re going on the base file). Then put a solid colored layer on top of the base file and bellow the logos. It’s super easy

Hi!

Do you know if it is possible to increase the AI retirements due to reliability?

I would like to replicate the older F1 days where midfields had a better chance to score podiums/higher results in those years because reliability was much worse

I'm new to modding, can anyone tell me how i copy + paste the myteam livery i want to use?
Just copy paste it from the winrar or whatever thing you got and paste it into the F1 2021 folder

The easiest way to do the race crew right now without 3D models is just export a team‘s kit that you like the logos placement/style and then put your logos in the same spot (or obvious places you can clearly see where they’re going on the base file). Then put a solid colored layer on top of the base file and bellow the logos. It’s super easy
lol...genius! Seriously, literally didn't think of that.

Hey everyone, quick question regarding visor stickers for the helmets...

I have an old Alpha Tauri helmet mod that I want to use from a previous game, however, the HONDA text on the visor is super stretched (see picture below).

View attachment 489745

I figured the sizing or something was off, so I decided to just go into the directory and grab the HONDA 'visor_attachment_d' file from Pierre Gasly's driver erp to be sure it's the right size and just use that one. However, I still get the same stretching with it from the 1st picture.

For reference, the picture below is an in-game screenshot of Pierre's helmet and how the HONDA text is supposed to look.
View attachment 489746

Am I doing something wrong, or are the 'visor_attachments_d.tif' files incompatible in some way or something? I am using Devon Butler's helmet for my Alpha Tauri mod and replacing the 'visor_attrachments_d.tif' files in both erp's if that makes any difference. Sorry if this is a dumb question lol, but as you can see I am fairly new to this modding stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.
Bump. Anyone know a fix for the stretchy text on visor stickers?

Modding and Multiplayer.

I'm new to F1 series and modding, and was wondering what the limitations are for multiplayer use.

I understand that changes to car performance and stuff will make me not being able to race online, but what about cosmetic changes like livery, driver suit and stuff like that? I also understand that others won't be able to see my paint, but will I at least be able to do the races and for them to count?

Any help appreciated :)

Modding and Multiplayer.

I'm new to F1 series and modding, and was wondering what the limitations are for multiplayer use.

I understand that changes to car performance and stuff will make me not being able to race online, but what about cosmetic changes like livery, driver suit and stuff like that? I also understand that others won't be able to see my paint, but will I at least be able to do the races and for them to count?

Any help appreciated :)
I might be wrong but i believe any change in the game files might not be good for online play.
But like I said i might be totally wrong

Hey there! Newbie modder again here..

Is it possible to prevent the main sponsors in MyTeam to appear on the driver suit and such? Having the main sponsor all over the chest of the driver suit is kinda ruining the design..

really, we should ask the staff to have a sticky nondiscussion thread with the most asked questions

I bet this question will be one of those following for months and months like other questions did last year, lol
Thats actually a pretty good idea.
One of the suggestions is how to do a simple copy paste (I'm tired of people asking me how to do copy paste haha)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%