F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Are we stuck with having the team badge plastered on our suits and helmets? It sucks having to edit my old skins to account for the position of the badges now...

there is a files somewhere to put it blank.... wich one dunno
While this makes sense for fake sponsors, I'm hesitant to say if this is the case for badges, because what shows up on the suit & helmet just seems to be a direct resize of the badge and not a separate file. I'm not sure if I can make the badge a blank file specifically for the suit and helmet without affecting it everywhere else (e.g. race HQ and the upper right bar of the UI).

Either way though, I'll have a look through the files to see if I can spot anything.

Last edited:
While this makes sense for fake sponsors, I'm hesitant to say if this is the case for badges, because what shows up on the suit & helmet just seems to be a direct resize of the badge and not a separate file. I'm not sure if I can make the badge a blank file specifically for the suit and helmet without affecting it everywhere else (e.g. race HQ and the upper right bar of the UI).

Either way though, I'll have a look through the files to see if I can spot anything.
Normally should be name as the suit texture, the suit one end by _d
its should have other ending letter for this file

hi, if there is a copy and paste mod for driver suits (and gloves, boots etc) Do you just need the files for the F1 2021/2021 asset groups/... folder path? or do you also need the mipmaps files which are in the F1 2021/character package/... folder path?
Because if you are importing with ego erp archiver, it generates mipmaps when you import. So i guess in copy paste mods they should be included too or it could cause problems right? thanks

hi, if there is a copy and paste mod for driver suits (and gloves, boots etc) Do you just need the files for the F1 2021/2021 asset groups/... folder path? or do you also need the mipmaps files which are in the F1 2021/character package/... folder path?
Because if you are importing with ego erp archiver, it generates mipmaps when you import. So i guess in copy paste mods they should be included too or it could cause problems right? thanks
YEah technically copy paste should have the minimap

Heya, can the Halo-Stickers be modded?
8192 x 512 resolution for the personal_sticker on halo in the fom_car.erp, so to me yes it look like you can mod them the same way as a number or many textures.
1626305943989.png

Are we stuck with having the team badge plastered on our suits and helmets? It sucks having to edit my old skins to account for the position of the badges now...
I uploaded a blank emblem for career mode in the F1 2021 downloads and to answer an other question you had yes it will be blank everywhere else not just driver suit and helmet.

Is there a way to have the number on the nose and the number on the back of the engine cover be different colors? I've looked through the ERP Archiver and can only find one set of the numbers.

Is there a way to have the number on the nose and the number on the back of the engine cover be
AFAIK, the same number is used for the front and back of the car, so I'm pretty sure you can't have them as different colours.

Personally, I always blank the numbers and use my own on the livery. This way not only can you make the numbers whatever colour you want..... you can also make then whatever, font, style, size you want, and place them anywhere you like.

AFAIK, the same number is used for the front and back of the car, so I'm pretty sure you can't have them as different colours.

Personally, I always blank the numbers and use my own on the livery. This way not only can you make the numbers whatever colour you want..... you can also make then whatever, font, style, size you want, and place them anywhere you like.
But as this, same number for both driver....

I uploaded a blank emblem for career mode in the F1 2021 downloads and to answer an other question you had yes it will be blank everywhere else not just driver suit and helmet.
It's unfortunate that we have to turn to a blank emblem to get it off of the suit and helmet, but for now, it seems like the best solution to avoid having to reposition decals on my existing skins. Thanks for the heads-up.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 34.1%