F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Hello everybody. How can I edit car performances? I really don't like Haas being able to outqualify Russell and some other guys. They should be way slower than the rest of the grid and they r faster than Williams atm. I cannot start career until I fix it.
The most simple way is to change the "mass values" from every team. Increasing their weight results in slower track time for the whole team.

I found this thread, which might help you finding the editable files: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2020-random-performance-mod.36662/

Does anyone know if its possible to mod the My Team steering wheel? like how Mclaren have the logitech logo?

and if so what file would need replacing?
Looks like you would need to modify:

mclaren_steering_wheel_d.tif and it's related files

The file is: F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\wep\mclaren.erp

Few more questions:

Looking at \2021_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\garagecrew\2021\garagecrew.erp...

It looks like the race crew model is broken up into headphones, shirts, shorts, trainers, etc. but the model is just one complete model. Is there just not a model available for 2021 that has each of these components or should I break up the flat image into smaller 'chunks' and save appropriately? Similarly for the pitcrew, assuming it is pitstops.erp...do I need to break them into chunks?

Still on the hunt for the rain jacket and umbrella, not sure which ERP those are in but may have questions there.

Last year I just did the car livery and driver suit/helmet but this year I'm going all out and modifying everything I can that pertains to my team.

This is the exact issue I am having too. I can find the location in the ERP files, but with no 3D model it takes _forever_ to edit them for a fresh 'modder'. Having the ability to see the result right away does wonders instead of having to save them in 400 different ways, then open the game, open a session, get to the pitstop and so on... :roflmao:

This is the exact issue I am having too. I can find the location in the ERP files, but with no 3D model it takes _forever_ to edit them for a fresh 'modder'. Having the ability to see the result right away does wonders instead of having to save them in 400 different ways, then open the game, open a session, get to the pitstop and so on... :roflmao:
Haha, I literally just had the same thought. I literally just finished all of the 'pieces' using 2020 models or images (even things like computer monitors!) but then went to start importing it all and found that it's all broken up by garment instead of a single texture and I've decided that, unfortunately, for now due to lack of 2021 3D models I'm done with my Duck Creek Technologies livery. I'm about to upload v1.3 which contains a custom helmet but other than that, I don't have the time to edit a DDS, copy it and repeat that 1000 times per DDS file. Didn't even take into account trying to get to the pit stop lol. Oof.

So, that's it for me for now. My day job and home responsibilities preclude me from putting any more time in.

EDIT: BTW, you live in Tampa Bay? I see you're a lightening fan. I'm a Rangers fan but just moved from upstate NY to Tampa Bay. Howdy!

Last edited:
Haha, I literally just had the same thought. I literally just finished all of the 'pieces' using 2020 models or images (even things like computer monitors!) but then went to start importing it all and found that it's all broken up by garment instead of a single texture and I've decided that, unfortunately, for now due to lack of 2021 3D models I'm done with my Duck Creek Technologies livery. I'm about to upload v1.3 which contains a custom helmet but other than that, I don't have the time to edit a DDS, copy it and repeat that 1000 times per DDS file. Didn't even take into account trying to get to the pit stop lol. Oof.

So, that's it for me for now. My day job and home responsibilities preclude me from putting any more time in.

EDIT: BTW, you live in Tampa Bay? I see you're a lightening fan. I'm a Rangers fan but just moved from upstate NY to Tampa Bay. Howdy!
I have sent out a couple of DM's to modders I see have done it already for 2021 to see if they might be able to help. Will post here if a solution is found :)

Sadly, I don't live in Tampa Bay. I'm a Bolts fan since 2008, living in Norway :)

Guys so previously I have posted pictures of some team principals that had playable faces but there is a problem with that which I can't seem to solve.
The problem is when you are driving if you look inside the helmet you will see nothing just 2 floating eyes (which is kinda funny)
But even with that bug I would like to know if you guys want me to upload those faces anyways just for giggles?
Tell me what you think

Guys so previously I have posted pictures of some team principals that had playable faces but there is a problem with that which I can't seem to solve.
The problem is when you are driving if you look inside the helmet you will see nothing just 2 floating eyes (which is kinda funny)
But even with that bug I would like to know if you guys want me to upload those faces anyways just for giggles?
Tell me what you think
LOL, I asked you about this and you said it was fine. LOL That is exactly the reason I never published those non-racer faces as mod, because I was not satisfied by this issue.

btw. creator of playable drivers mod, lol, it's not like mods like this existed in the previous games already by other people

Last edited:
LOL, I asked you about this and you said it was fine. LOL That is exactly the reason I never published those non-racer faces as mod, because I was not satisfied by this issue.

btw. creator of playable drivers mod, lol, it's not like mods like this existed in the previous games already by other people
I know lol I should change to specify it for F1 2021.
It's just so people know because I changed my username so people might forget it's me in case they have any requests. Haha
But I do take responsibility for saying they were fine because when I looked into Aaravas and Claire's I didn't look properly and they seemed fine initially so yeah sorry about that.

Last edited:

So yeah I don't wanna sound like an ass but I think it's easier for people who want a certain face to identify who I am if I have it written there.
BTW yes people have made it before but have they made one F1 2021? No haha.
Because trust me it's not the first time I've been confused with someone's else :roflmao:

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure, but in iRacings spec map I got chrome by doing white base color and then have red for the spec map. Might give the same result here?
I am 100% sure ;) , and in F1 2020/2021 I get chrome by using a white base colour and then have blue in the spec map. i.e. 0,24,189 or #0018bd.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back