F1 2019 Modding Questions Thread

Anyone know how to make equal cars? For example, I put Mercedes aero values into Williams and Williams aero values into Mercedes (vtf files), I swapped AI files (Mercedes --> Williams and Williams --> Mercedes) and NOTHING changed. Still Mercedes 1-2 and Williams 19-20.

Anyone know how to make equal cars? For example, I put Mercedes aero values into Williams and Williams aero values into Mercedes (vtf files), I swapped AI files (Mercedes --> Williams and Williams --> Mercedes) and NOTHING changed. Still Mercedes 1-2 and Williams 19-20.
you can't really because it's the AI files that slow down the cars not the performance file. Usually a slower car works better than a faster one though for that stuff

you can't really because it's the AI files that slow down the cars not the performance file. Usually a slower car works better than a faster one though for that stuff
Can it be modified? Do you mean files from <D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2019\2019_asset_groups\f1_2019_vehicle_package\ai> or there're other files responsible for AI speed?

Hi,
I‘m currently planning a 2004 season mod with 2019 Teams / Drivers and f2004 car model.

1. attempt
I followed StrongestFish classic car swap instructions 1:1 and everything is working.
StrongestFish instructions

For my idea i need different skins on the f2004 model.

My idea:
copy of the c_ferrari_04.erp and .assetgroup in new created individual folders for every team.
Change the paths (named in the instructions) in 2019 car folder to the new created folder with c_ferrari_04.erp and .assetgroup.

Now the game crashes when it tries to laod the car in showroom.

2. attempt
model change based on FOM Chassis swap by Jburon72 with some extras like in StrongestFish instructions (wheel position, ...).
JBuron72 instruction

The model loads but all non paint parts (carbon fiber parts) are not loading.
1.PNG
(don't pay attention to the blue color ;))

Does somebody know how i can solve one of these two problems?

Or does somebody have another idea to change all 2019 cars with f2004 car and use different skins for each team?

Hi,
I‘m currently planning a 2004 season mod with 2019 Teams / Drivers and f2004 car model.

1. attempt
I followed StrongestFish classic car swap instructions 1:1 and everything is working.
StrongestFish instructions

For my idea i need different skins on the f2004 model.

My idea:
copy of the c_ferrari_04.erp and .assetgroup in new created individual folders for every team.
Change the paths (named in the instructions) in 2019 car folder to the new created folder with c_ferrari_04.erp and .assetgroup.

Now the game crashes when it tries to laod the car in showroom.

2. attempt
model change based on FOM Chassis swap by Jburon72 with some extras like in StrongestFish instructions (wheel position, ...).
JBuron72 instruction

The model loads but all non paint parts (carbon fiber parts) are not loading.
(don't pay attention to the blue color ;))

Does somebody know how i can solve one of these two problems?

Or does somebody have another idea to change all 2019 cars with f2004 car and use different skins for each team?
are you assetgroup linking also the classic common.erp? Also what team is that specifically on?

Is it possible to change the name of the team with the career already started?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.