F1 2019 Modding Questions Thread

Hi all, when designing liveries and helmets do you use Photoshop for the actual design, or is it in a 3D modelling program?

I'm using Photoshop to design on to the 3D models at the moment and it's super tricky to get everything how i want it because the meshes are obviously all twisted.

Basically what i want to know is, how do you guys do it so well?? Haha. Like a whole new livery for a car with different sponsors and everything, what's the process?

Cheers!

Hello everyone. I am totally new to this place but trust me I have done my research, eventhough I struggle with computer skills. I made an effort to read as many threads here as possible. I would like to kindly ask somebody to explain to me the situation of the modding community on the classic mods field. Specifically:

My idea is to create some historic career (or even plain races) series centered around seasons 2007-2010. My belief from what I read here is that many members would love to do something similar too. So in order to do that I get that you need to copy a classic car model to the modern car files to create a grid of 2008 mclaren's (for the sake of argument). First of all is this doable? I understand there is a difficulty on editing language files preventing to create full seasons mods. Yet I believe that by some creative video editing, on screen information like names of drivers and teams shouldn't be an issue.So maybe just the models with some textures on them could do it for me? Am I mistaken? If it is not possible, should I wait for the release of 2020 or 2021 F1 game. By that time maybe I would have a full-time job and could be willing to even pay somebody to do this for me and fully accredit him to the videos. My life kinda sucks right now in terms of free time and recreating some F1 golden years in a 2-3 years window would increase my overall wellbeing.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Ciao a tutti, spero qualcuno sappia cosa intendo , perchè tramite programma Erp quando vado ad inserire le performance delle monoposto , ogni vettura c'è sempre il file Mercedes e noto che quando salvo le altre auto la performance rimane la Mercedes rimane come di Default non prende la performance , e se provo a modificarlo insieme ad un'altra auto il gioco parte ma va in crash perchè? qualcuno ci ha fatto caso?
Grazie per le vostre risposte

Hi everyone, I want to add the Marlboro logo, on the Mclaren 76 82 88 90 91, and the JPS logo on the Lotus 72 78, I opened ego epr, and sectioned the directory of the f1 2019 folders, in the Mc laren folder there are no erp files, I select all files and the mipmas appear, but when I import the textures, I have this error.
Can anyone help me? Thank you

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 133
Hi everyone, I want to add the Marlboro logo, on the Mclaren 76 82 88 90 91, and the JPS logo on the Lotus 72 78, I opened ego epr, and sectioned the directory of the f1 2019 folders, in the Mc laren folder there are no erp files, I select all files and the mipmas appear, but when I import the textures, I have this error.
Can anyone help me? Thank you

THE CORRECT WAY IS:

GAME FOLDER \ F12019 \ 2019_asset_groups \ f1_2019_classic_vehicle_package \ f1_2019_classic_vehicle_package \ teams \ c_mclaren_91 \ wep \ c_mclaren_91.ERP

The same goes for other cars.

Hi guys, I have a small issue. As in my career Latifi gone in Racing Point and Perez in Williams mid-season, I wanted to change a bit the sponsors. For Racing Point is fine (even if mirroring is annoying...), in the while for Williams I have a bit of problems. I changed every sponsor as Lavazza, Sofina and RSC (or whatever the **** it's called:D), but only the logoon the rear wing changes. The other logos are the same. Do you think it's because of broken williams paint file? (I changed it with the JB 2020 mod)

Hi everyone o/
Not especially a modding question but i am looking for a database or any type of data about online/offline race results but i can't find it anywhere.
Any guess where can i find it on my computer or all data is cloud based now and can't download it?

Reason: I am trying to make a Motorsport League website where can you make a league, and you can upload the race results.

Thanks for your replies!

Guys, I have a real problem. I made a helmet yesterday with all my numbers n stuff. But how do I get these mipmap things, these layers where the picture gets smaller and smaller you know? Or are they important? Excuse me for being so but Im new to this amazing modding community

Guys, I have a real problem. I made a helmet yesterday with all my numbers n stuff. But how do I get these mipmap things, these layers where the picture gets smaller and smaller you know? Or are they important? Excuse me for being so but Im new to this amazing modding community
Mipmaps seem to be generated when you replace textures with EGO ERP, when you replace a helmet texture you need to save a mipmap file somewhere and then replace coresponding mipmap file in game direcory

Hello, i have a question, where i can find the actual mercedes .vtf file? i've tried to edited the ones inside mercedes vehicle package, but nothing happened. Can someone help me with this? thanks

edit: i've tried using the mercedes.vtf file for all team, then mod one of them in my case is toro rosso, the toro rosso performance changed, but when i use the same file for the mercedes car, it didn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot (116).png
    Screenshot (116).png
    296.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back