F1 2018 Modding Requests

Hey guys,

would it be in any way possible to exchange the engine sounds of the different teams?
I would really like the 2018 Red Bull car to have the Honda engine sound of the 2018 Toro Rosso.
I'd appreciate it a lot if somebody could make it work!

Cheers

Hey guys,

would it be in any way possible to exchange the engine sounds of the different teams?
I would really like the 2018 Red Bull car to have the Honda engine sound of the 2018 Toro Rosso.

Cheers

Games\F1 2018\audio\2018\bundles
swap the names

I would literally pay somebody like, £100 over pay pal if I could send them my own custom driver pictures for all 20 Drivers with custom names to replace the current ones in game. IDK how to change pictures, only names in game.

Hey guys,

Cheers
1st u need to open redbull.erp with EGO ERP Archiver :
Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2018\asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\teams\redbull\wep/redbull.erp
1st-step.jpg

Step 2 go to Pkg Files and export redbull-carmodel.layer to desktop or where u want.
Step-2.jpg

Step 3 open redbull-carmodel.layer.json ( the file u just exported ) with notepad and edit line 76 "bundleName": "stri renault_2018.bdl" for "bundleName": "stri honda_2018.bdl" and save the file.
Step-3.jpg

Step 4 return to Pkg Files in EGO ERP Archiver and import the file at same place u have exported it ( look pic #2 for reference ). Save redbull.erp and thats it.

I would literally pay somebody like, £100 over pay pal if I could send them my own custom driver pictures for all 20 Drivers with custom names to replace the current ones in game. IDK how to change pictures, only names in game.
go to ui_package and find flow_persistent.erp, then find overrides.drivers.f1_heads_256.texarray. Use the arrows at the bottom of the texture preview to browse the texarray and replace all the pictures. That's the grid animation done, the driver selection screen for grand prix mode and career drivers are a bit different and I can guide you those if you need that as well.

go to ui_package and find flow_persistent.erp, then find overrides.drivers.f1_heads_256.texarray. Use the arrows at the bottom of the texture preview to browse the texarray and replace all the pictures. That's the grid animation done, the driver selection screen for grand prix mode and career drivers are a bit different and I can guide you those if you need that as well.

Thank you!

I would love a guide for those too thanks

Thank you!

I would love a guide for those too thanks
the grand prix mode selection screen is video files under F1 2018/videos/fe_drivers, you need RAD video tools to access the formats and do some trickery with dds files and creating the videos (I'm not completely familiar with the process) but it's doable and there's some others that can help with you on that.

The career driver screens are in F1 2018\asset_groups\ui_package\texture_arrays\drivers\avatar_branded_full_324x552 (you do need to identify the career face you've selected there by name) and then replace all the team specific textures for that name

I´d really like to see more skins of fantasy teams replacing Toro Rosso. Whether 100% made up teams or real manufacturers/teams, just some more stuff replacing STR.

Possibly a Racing Point with smaller or none BWT involvement as well.

I am sorry if this has been posted before already but 2 suggestions

• Updated helmets for K-Mag and Grosjean in Black/Gold with Rich Energy sponsorship
  • Williams helmets of Kubica and Russell without Martini sponsorship but with PKN Orlen

Any mod to make dirty air more realistic? I believe there was one for f1 2017.
The cars are able to follow way too closely at the moment still.

EDIT: Modded it myself. If you want it as well PM me.

Last edited:
Possibly a Mercedes livery:
  • Full focus on Petronas (Car in White/Teal or Teal/Black/White)
  • Other team sponsor apart from Monster Energy (Epson, Allianz, IWC..)
  • Completely new sponsor

[F12018]please make a performance mod Same for the career mode of f1 2018 offline

Hello Guys of RaceDepartment, how are you?
I'm FIlipe Salvino, and I want to ask you to make the same performance mod from online to career mode in the offiline, because it would be nice to have an F1 with all the same cars and winning who has more arm, more skill. Can any of you guys do this mod, please?

In Portuguese:
Ola Galera do RaceDepartment, tudo bem com voces?
Sou FIlipe Salvino, e quero pedir que voces façam o mod de desempenho igual do online para o modo carreira no offiline, pois seria legal ter uma f1 com todos os carros iguais e ganhando quem tem mais braço, mais habilidade. Alguém de voces pode fazer esse mod, por favor?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.