F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

@realitychecked
ac9d895801.png

Who wants to drink some?
Can this texture be used for F1 2015 champagne? :p

[QUOTE = "RUBENM98F1TEAM, post: 2.293.899, membro: 242874"] quando eu mudo a patrocinadores (sauber_decal.tga), o carro parece violeta e azul, a cor está grampeado. Como posso resolver isso? [/ QUOTE]

Hi,
I'd like to modify my driver avatar in career. I have found where are located the texture for the faces for the 3d model: they are in: ..\F1 2016\character_package\heads\male_generic_driver\.. (there are several folder with the name of fictional drivers in there which contain the textures)
But i don't know how to make the texture from 2 pictures of my head (side and face)
I want to change the avar for the menus of the game and the top of the garages. I think they are located in: ..\F1 2016\asset_gropups\f1_2016_ui_package\textre_arrays\driver_avatar\.. In this folder there is 5 folders named by the size of the picture of the avatar and in each of them we can find the names of the fictional driver for each team like: ferrari_alexander_doddy.assetgroup. The problem is that these files are in assetgroup format and i don't know how to open and modify them.

is there anybody who can help me on how to create the face texture and how to open assetgroup files?????

Hi guys.
I was driving for haas until I was offered a number 1 drive for Ferrari, just after the sliverstone weekend.
You cannot choose you're team mate at this point.
Is ego's database editor compatible with f1 2016?
Maybe I could change vettel too number 2 driver.

Thanks.

Hi guys.
I was driving for haas until I was offered a number 1 drive for Ferrari, just after the sliverstone weekend.

Thanks.
I don't think there is a Database for F1 2016 or atleast not one we have found that can be opened I might be wrong but I think that is the case

Hi guys.

Thanks.
I don't think there is a Database for F1 2016 or atleast not one we have found that can be opened I might be wrong but I think that is the case
You can use the ryder language editor ->https://sourceforge.net/projects/petars-programs/ to change Raikonnen's name to Vettel, this would make Vettel the second driver alongside you.
To do this:
  1. Open Ego Language Editor.exe and go file->open and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\localisation
  2. Find the language you want to edit (_eng for english) and open it.
  3. Go to edit->find and type lng_drivers_ferrari and replace the K.Raikkonnen to S.Vettel (or whatever driver you want). Then find lng_kimi_raikkonnen and change it to Sebastian Vettel. Finally change lng_raikkonnen to Vettel.
  4. Save the updated language file and overwrite the previous one but make sure you back it up.
If you have photoshop/gimp/paint.net you can also change the helmets around so that in your career mode Vettel is using his helmet

I hope somebody can help me. I followed the instruction but it dont work. When import &save the file & go ingame I only have a invisible car... Any approach???

Are you saving using the correct settings and using a dds plugin?
Im not sure on the first point... When I save the data (in the ERP achiever) I have to select where I'd like to save it, I save it in the wep folder.

Which settings do u mean?

Atm I'm not using a dds plugin, I'm using paint.net but I also have PS.

Im not sure on the first point... When I save the data (in the ERP achiever) I have to select where I'd like to save it, I save it in the wep folder.

Which settings do u mean?

Atm I'm not using a dds plugin, I'm using paint.net but I also have PS.
My bad on the settings, got confused between f1 2015 and f12016 formats, don't worry about it.

I would suggest using photoshop with the nvidea dds plugin (https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop) because back when I was using paint.net to mod helmets on 2015, they always were invisible in-game meaning they were saved incorrectly.

Good morning everyone!,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows how to extract a .mipmap helmet texture in DDS format when you've already modified it?
You may have all viewed my Max Verstappen NEW Helmet(Orange) in the downloads section - Trouble is, i was going to do some tweaks to the texture, however i keep getting this (TypeError: an interger is required)???

Whether i've missed something in this thread i'm not sure, but if anyone can enlighten me on this issue, then please be my guest! ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.