F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Does anyone know if there's any 2012 or 2010 season mod for 2016/2017, or something similar?
No complete mod but there are a few car skins from these seasons. Somewhere on RD there is a Caterham skin, a 2010 Red Bull Skin, a Lotus Renault skin, a HRT skin and a Force India skin from the early 2010s (all skins for F1 2016). I have no idea what's there for F1 2017 though.

I've run into a most curious problem tinkering with some of the game files; I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced it before. Since we can't change individual driver AI, I decided to rank driver pairs in teams and reorder the AI files to better match how I wanted them to race. However, after I changed the team names in the AI files (each one, in all four folders) and repacked them into the appropriate team folders I could no longer load all of the tracks. I haven't tested them all, but so far I've only been able to load Melbourne, Barcelona, Silverstone and Monza. I then modified the teams' FuelBurnRate lines and found that even the tracks that would load had serious problems with car models, particularly McLaren and Marussia. (No textures or models were changed, just physics files.) See the attached images to see what I mean. Any idea what's going on?

By the way, one thing I learned (or I'm pretty sure I learned) that could also be useful is that the lines in the .vtf files that express engine power show it in kilowatts. A kilowatt-to-horsepower conversion looks like this: Mercedes (860 hp), Ferrari (850 hp), Red Bull Renault (840 hp), Renault factory (830 hp), Honda (800 hp). I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, and that's why they're such unfamiliar looking numbers in the files.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.40.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.40.14 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.48.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.48.53 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 144
Excuse me I am new to modding and I wonder what if I have already in season 2 and I want to change my helmet with mod helmet (ex. Max Verstappen 2017 helmet) pls help me

Excuse me I am new to modding and I wonder what if I have already in season 2 and I want to change my helmet with mod helmet (ex. Max Verstappen 2017 helmet) pls help me
When yo download you either copy and paste files if helmet has them, or you replace coresponding file in incardriver and make helmet use red green blue when selecting in game

Hey guys, thought I try to revive this forum :D for some reason I experience a consistent game crash right at the title screen when I have a car skin mod installed. Has anyone had a similar issue (or still has) and has found a solution?

I just tried exporting .tif from the .wep file (cause there is no .tga) and it says it must be .tga format that is exported, otherwise it won't work.

Anyone has any clue?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back