F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Good news. Or bad news, which ever way you look at it.

Apparently Codie's have considered implementing a formation lap, with tyre warming and grid line up etc.

Steve Hood was asked on Twitter (@T4RG4) if they had considered it, and he just replied to the guy: "Yes.".

So I don't know if that means they'll put it in the game or not, but they have been a whole lot more vague about a whole lot less. So, I hope they can put it in. Would make a great addition to the game.

I think he once said it won't be in 2012 but I can't find the news article right now. :/

I saw in Canada also that around one corner Alonso turned the wheel just like in Monaco..and I saw that on a couple of other tracks too...we should also have a choice to enable higher lock on some specific tracks, but ok..who knows...maybe one day :D

There's already different steering lock values for the cars at various tracks. You can't see the difference visually in the game but if you open the *.ctf files for the cars for various tracks, you will see that there are different steering lock values.

Spong.com has released a very interesting interview with F1 2012 Creative Director Stephen Hood from Codemasters.

Aside from talking about the title’s new features such as the TV presentation approach and localized weather, Hood also touched on the issues of physics and accessibility, being remarkably honest about the title’s approach in terms of its driving model.

We’ve never tried to make a game like iRacing, where you’re spending 99% of your time just trying to stay on the track. Our F1 games should not be that as most people should be able to start the car and complete the circuit, not crash at the first corner.
The better drivers are separated by a few 10ths of a second, not by minutes. We do want players to enjoy lapping in the car, get to a certain standard and then start using DRS (Drag Reduction System) and KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems). We’ve added brake bias into F1 2012 and players can modify that. It’s the tiny bits of time that separate the good from the average player.​
In terms of accessibility, we’re really not trying to simplify, we’re trying to make it so that we’ve put a lot of time working on the controls for the game-pad. This makes it easy for the player to drive consistently with a game pad.​

F1 2012 will bring all cars and drivers of the current Formula One World Championship season to the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The title is due to be released in September.

Not sure if i like the part of the gamepad. Imo one of the points where F12012 should improve are the controls of the steeringwheels as well.

I've posted quite some tips over the years and if they would make these adjustments the default for certain steeringwheels I am sure more wheeldrivers would enjoy their games.

The bleeding obvious that they don't want to replicate iRacing btw. He shouldn't have to make that comparison as it are completely different genres imo.

Have heard that, like last year, F1 2012 will not have a 75% race distance option. If you remember F1 2011 was first released without it as well, but it was added in the second patch.
I hope this will be the case with F1 2012 as well. 50% distance is too short and 100% distance can be too long at times, especially if you include Quali. :(

WILL YOU?

620522358.png

Don't know if this had already been announced. Sorry if it has been. The Official Xbox Magazine was shipped to subscribers today and it showed 2 new gamemodes. Firstly is the Season Challenge Mode in which you play on Ten Different Tracks. The 1st race you start with a low car but you choose a higher car for a rival each race. If you beat the car, You get the car for the next race. Secondly is the Champions Mode Which is a series of Scenarios that Pitch you directly against: Raikkonen, Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Schumacher and Vettel in a Variety of Conditions and Circumstances.

[ LEAKED - NOT BY ME ] Here's the gameplay trailer for F1 2012 that they were going to release this Monday for the new game mode "Champions mode" where, im guessing you'll have to complete various challenges against the champs. Having said that, the game itself looks terrific, but im a little disappointed that its been like 2 or 3 months since that gameplay footage from E3, and all they give us is a 1:16 video. Anyway, here it is. Dev Diary is expected sometime next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHi7Cxj1X4s

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back