F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
If only the technology existed to be able to adjust seat position (up, down, forward, backwards) whilst in the cockpit and adjust FOV in the menus - oh, wait..... :confused::rolleyes::roflmao:
for the PC guys, no problem. For us xbox users it's a major issue.
I've recently switched from far chase view to cockpit view and the wheel and hands in some chassis can be a problem. But it feels realistic in 2011. the 2012 view looks way too high.

for the PC guys, no problem. For us xbox users it's a major issue.
I've recently switched from far chase view to cockpit view and the wheel and hands in some chassis can be a problem. But it feels realistic in 2011. the 2012 view looks way too high.

I stopped driving Mclaren as the wheel/hands would totally obscure the car infront sometimes.

Thing I mean Karl isnt related to modding PC files at all. Even considerably dated games like rFactor1 / Race07 have seat position and FOV adjustment built into the game. You can change your seats up/down and backwards/forwards position whilst driving around the track, and the FOV in the game menu, no binary xml file conversion, tweaking, re-conversion, experiment and repeat until you get it right required.

So, why not have something like that in F1 2012?

I stopped driving Mclaren as the wheel/hands would totally obscure the car infront sometimes.

Thing I mean Karl isnt related to modding PC files at all. Even considerably dated games like rFactor1 / Race07 have seat position and FOV adjustment built into the game. You can change your seats up/down and backwards/forwards position whilst driving around the track, and the FOV in the game menu, no binary xml file conversion, tweaking, re-conversion, experiment and repeat until you get it right required.

So, why not have something like that in F1 2012?

Oh, I see what you mean now. That's cool. I've never played any of those games and didn't know that was an option. It's a great idea!

I saw in Canada also that around one corner Alonso turned the wheel just like in Monaco..and I saw that on a couple of other tracks too...we should also have a choice to enable higher lock on some specific tracks, but ok..who knows...maybe one day :D

I am very concerned with what the developers said at E3. They kept mentioning the word "unpredictability", which obviously reminds us of the actual F1 2012 driver standings...

But I suppose most people like that in real F1 as it provides more spectacle.. but in the game?! It would be hell. Imagine the random tires we've had in real life in the game. Imagine going for the win after planning your strategy perfectly and suddenly your tires give up 2 laps before the end. 2 laps is enough, believe me.

They also said that cars won't be equal in online?!?! Can someone confirm this? I think they said that cars will have "advantages" and "disadvantages" compared to the other cars, and that you will be given online objectives based on the car you drive.. all that in Online! This kinda means that if you chose a Red Bull and the track is Monza, you're screwed! Perhaps an option on wether you want the car to have these differences?

But I suppose most people like that in real F1 as it provides more spectacle.. but in the game?! It would be hell. Imagine the random tires we've had in real life in the game. Imagine going for the win after planning your strategy perfectly and suddenly your tires give up 2 laps before the end. 2 laps is enough, believe me.

That would be awesome! Coz then it would represent the real thing. So if you try a really risky one stopper, then if it doesn't pay off then you should be punished for trying to go that long. Having your tyres die out would be a great addition IMO because thats exactly what happens in real life.

Love it. What do you do if your game engine physics doesn't allow different shaped cars to be equal - you turn it around and sell it as a 'feature' of the next game.

I expect they will be marketing the 'unpredictability' of hitting an invisible wall next :)

That would be awesome! Coz then it would represent the real thing. So if you try a really risky one stopper, then if it doesn't pay off then you should be punished for trying to go that long. Having your tyres die out would be a great addition IMO because thats exactly what happens in real life.

It would be awesome? The 2012 tires so far have not been just punishing, they have been plain random. How come the best racing teams in the world can't predict their behavior?

Plus, read the last paragragh of my previous post.

It would be awesome? The 2012 tires so far have not been just punishing, they have been plain random. How come the best racing teams in the world can't predict their behavior?

Plus, read the last paragragh of my previous post.

They havent been that random. Sure there's been some unexpected results, like Perez 2nd in Malaysia and 3rd in Canada, but by in large its still the big 3 teams that are scoring points consistently (Red Bull, Mclaren, Ferrari). The thing Codies should do is try and get the operating window for the tyres to be much smaller, so to represent real life. And obviously have this affect the AI as well.

As for your last paragraph, i dont bother with online, because what i've heard from it, its pretty terrible. SP for me.

Yes, it would be great to have these very unforgiving tires, also very unforgiving weather.

But MP is indeed a major issue. We Must have a choice to make cars equal. I love Monza but I can't say the same for Ferrari.

I am very concerned with what the developers said at E3. They kept mentioning the word "unpredictability", which obviously reminds us of the actual F1 2012 driver standings...

They also said that cars won't be equal in online?!?! Can someone confirm this? I think they said that cars will have "advantages" and "disadvantages" compared to the other cars, and that you will be given online objectives based on the car you drive.. all that in Online! This kinda means that if you chose a Red Bull and the track is Monza, you're screwed! Perhaps an option on wether you want the car to have these differences?
I believe when I heard the vid, Stephen says, for multiplayer he doesn't want people to be choosing so much the equal setting but the 2012 performance setting and driving similar cars and blah blah blah
so I think equal IS still in :)

Isnt this the same issue as affected 2011 though?
The game engine physics, can not simply be turned off to make different shaped cars equal in any game mode, and they legally cannot make all the cars the same shape in order to work around the problem.

Isnt this the same issue as affected 2011 though?
The game engine physics, can not simply be turned off to make different shaped cars equal in any game mode, and they legally cannot make all the cars the same shape in order to work around the problem.

Yeah, but they're not talking about shapes. The will MAKE them different so they reflect the 2012 season. That means all top 5-6 teams equal, Mercedes with better DRS, RBR with more Downforce, Lotus with top speed and so on...

Pretty awesome for SP, but a problem for MP (they clearly said that some cars will be better at some tracks).

Good news. Or bad news, which ever way you look at it.

Apparently Codie's have considered implementing a formation lap, with tyre warming and grid line up etc.

Steve Hood was asked on Twitter (@T4RG4) if they had considered it, and he just replied to the guy: "Yes.".

So I don't know if that means they'll put it in the game or not, but they have been a whole lot more vague about a whole lot less. So, I hope they can put it in. Would make a great addition to the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back