F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
This is great news, and the exact opposite of what I feared :)

You can blow your engine in '11 already though, if you do it too fast.

How quick am I supposed to shift to make it blow? :p

What @Kartik Sri Harsha said is indeed correct, tho. Engine braking is killing your engine rather quickly. :)

Can't wait for September 20th. Luckily I'm having my weekend (weird shifts, don't ask) starting on September 20th - 3 days of racing ahead.

How quick am I supposed to shift to make it blow? :p
At full speed, you need to shift from 7th to 5th (or lower) without (or only barely) touching the brakes. Then it blows. There are some corners (especially T1 in Suzuka because you don't need to break hard there) where this has happened to me a few times and the sudden bang still manages to freak me out :D

What I like most about the changes is the more difficult handling at slow speeds. Singapore was a bit of a joke in '11, with lap times in the low 1:30s (actual pole lap from last year was 1:44.381). Chances are it will be a bit more difficult again :)

The Reason For Unrealistic Lap times was Due to Ultra Grip (Both on track and Off track)
Straight line Speed and Cornering speed You can't see a Driver going past 305 in Brazil S/F straight but in game with setup we can do there need to be lot of changes for Grip and going off track needs to Punish the Player
I guess if the New mechanism Works right we may see Lap times drop by a sec to 1.5 sec @Tom Endres You are a Master Driver :)

At full speed, you need to shift from 7th to 5th (or lower) without (or only barely) touching the brakes. Then it blows. There are some corners (especially T1 in Suzuka because you don't need to break hard there) where this has happened to me a few times and the sudden bang still manages to freak me out :D

Yeah but why would you shift down to 5th at full speed? :D

I see your point for T1 in Suzuka, tho. I tend to brake rather hard and late to avoid high revs. :)

Yeah but why would you shift down to 5th at full speed? :D

I see your point for T1 in Suzuka, tho. I tend to brake rather hard and late to avoid high revs. :)
The sooner you start shifting, the sooner engine breaking kicks in. So it's efficient to start shifting the exact moment you hit the break pedal. If the timing is not correct and you shift a little bit too early, the car goes boom :p
This usually only happens to me when I start practicing a track I haven't driven for a while (for example it happened last week when I started practicing for next week's Spa league race, coming into bus stop). I'm guessing the unreliable nature of the pedals of the Driving Force GT also plays a role here. For that reason, I rely on engine braking a lot more than most people do.

In theory, I really like this change for '12, but in practice I'm probably going to have to mod my pedals (again) because they'll be more important for braking :thumbsdown:

Edit: About the Suzuka thing: I don't think it's efficient to brake hard there. Afaik, Michael Schumacher doesn't break at all into the corner (or at least didn't, in the Ferrari days). It just takes too much speed out of the car.

About the Suzuka thing: I don't think it's efficient to brake hard there. Afaik, Michael Schumacher doesn't break at all into the corner (or at least didn't, in the Ferrari days). It just takes too much speed out of the car.

I think I'm making a mistake here because the whole 180° corner is T1 to me.

PS3 back then. I start breaking around 0:19, those corners are all T1 to me. I didn't check the official track map, tho. :D

I think I'm making a mistake here because the whole 180° corner is T1 to me.

PS3 back then. I start breaking around 0:19, those corners are all T1 to me. I didn't check the official track map, tho. :D
I only meant the first part of the 180° turn, which according to the official track map, consists of T1 and T2 :p
You can take the first part without braking at all, only shifting into 6th gear (obviously manually disengaging DRS first) and maybe releasing the throttle a little as you approach T2 (which is when I start braking). If you shift into 5th too fast after the first kink, the engine blows :)

Race-net for F1

287158_279605832148989_412475866_o.jpg

As long as the gamesave works and there's no tyre bug like last year, I might re-consider. I re-installed F1 2011 on the weekend, did a 40% race at spa(78% chance of rain), then started a normal season - not career mode - and it seems I have forgotten how nice it is to actually drive in the game when not worrying about saves in career mode.

As long as the gamesave works and there's no tyre bug like last year, I might re-consider. I re-installed F1 2011 on the weekend, did a 40% race at spa(78% chance of rain), then started a normal season - not career mode - and it seems I have forgotten how nice it is to actually drive in the game when not worrying about saves in career mode.

I think I'm going to write a script to back up save games each time the game is being started for 2012. Just to be sure on that. ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%