Essential Plugins and Settings for a newbie in RF2

Hello everyone! I have been experimenting with rf2 for the past month. The progress is really slow but I enjoy racing rf2 now. I am able to run rf2 on an Asus gtx460. I have an i7 4th gen so that's not a bottleneck in the system. I just changed my ddr3 ram from 4gb to 8gb. I can actually drive rfactor2 with a full field of cars now. As a steering wheel I have a driving force gt from logitech.
What settings are essential to get the best rf2 experience (on a dfgt)? At the moment I don't feel like the steering wheel is giving me enough feedback. What settings do you guys recommend for ffb, graphics and controls?
Now the plugins. I have not installed any for rf2. Are there any that are really essential?
If you have other suggestions please tell me!!!

"looks, Dopeman." Is a game rip or illegal content..

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dopeman

In the Netherlands dope is just coffee... ;)
I saw and heard it on other forums and from friends. I will not use this ever again to avoid any language differences. When I look back at it it's actually kind of weird sentence. I'm sorry.

I have never seen coffee called dope in the Netherlands Gijs. But you could be right. I don't drink coffee so I'm not an expert;). I saw it has something to do with weed also. Maybe I heard it in Amsterdam:)

:laugh::roflmao::D
Yoq3NZB.png

Which tracks are on display here? I have nothing installed that looks anywhere as detailed as the pics above?

The cars are fine, but the track graphics of many tracks are really bland?
Any of you know how to get these looking better? Specific 3rd party tracks?

Which tracks are on display here? I have nothing installed that looks anywhere as detailed as the pics above?

The cars are fine, but the track graphics of many tracks are really bland?
Any of you know how to get these looking better? Specific 3rd party tracks?

By the looks of it could be old Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, which I converted to rF2 a couple of years ago. But frankly, you can hardly tell anything from the screenshot other than the tarmac quality due to the heavy DoF/blur. The track is also nowhere as good as latest S397 tracks as it's a conversion from an ancient rF1 track. The best advice I can give if you want more colorful graphics is to use DX11, DX9 version is dead in terms of color and will never be improved anyway.

Sorry for the late reply, I just noticed it while looking around. The Palmer in the photo is (I think) the American Andrew Palmer who suffered a major head injury in the Pirelli World Challenge in 2016. Nothing has been heard from him since (at least I can't find anything).

I'll hijack this thread If that's ok as I can't find other threads for my question. When it rains at Interlagos, my track looks really shiny like a mirror but I can't see any of the track. Anyone know of this issue? This is the only track I've raced on since reinstalling RF2. Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back