ACC Endurance Series Round 3 @ Imola - Mon 13th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Spent some time on the server :cool:
Light rain was already too much for me as I struggled a lot at first, but then I managed to do some clean laps but at 1:52 :poop:
Then clean weather showed up, and it was perfect :inlove: But couldn't do better than 1:44... Some practice again this weekend and maybe I can get 1:43 :)

I just hope that there won't be no rain for the race on monday :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! So judging by you guys lap times … I’m a lot slower here, probably around 5secs a lap, I have recently switched to the Aston V8 Vantage and honestly finding it better for me, just need to dial it all in and get some race time in. So I just wanted to say that I’m very aware of blue flags and etiquette regarding faster cars and their positions, so apologies in advance if it takes me a turn or two to make room, any inconvenience isn’t intentional. Looking forward to the races and getting experience on track in traffic with higher skilled drivers. Thanks guys , good luck all.

Good morning everyone! So judging by you guys lap times … I’m a lot slower here, probably around 5secs a lap, I have recently switched to the Aston V8 Vantage and honestly finding it better for me, just need to dial it all in and get some race time in. So I just wanted to say that I’m very aware of blue flags and etiquette regarding faster cars and their positions, so apologies in advance if it takes me a turn or two to make room, any inconvenience isn’t intentional. Looking forward to the races and getting experience on track in traffic with higher skilled drivers. Thanks guys , good luck all.
Morning Jay,

I think a number of us have had the Aston as our weapon of choice in the past. Stable, good aero and trail braking is a dream. It's also amazing in the wet which could really work to your advantage. I've probably got a setup for Imola, you're welcome to try it

With regard to blue flags, for anyone not sure, being predictable is key. Moving off the racing line on long straights and lifting a bit (if you aren't in a battle) is ideal, having indicators mapped to signal which way you are going to move helps a lot too.

Don't rush to get out of the way in technical sections, wait for the next opportunity to move over or let the car behind move past.

The changing conditions might be intimidating to drivers finding their feet in ACC but it's a great leveler. I don't think any of us race in anything but dry 99% of the time. Get the strategy right and you could be leading!

I need to check but some drivers have been listed as AM when racing (red number). Not sure if this is down to livery choice? Might be an idea to select an AM car if you aren't too confidant so it will give faster drivers a reminder to take care?

Morning Jay,

I think a number of us have had the Aston as our weapon of choice in the past. Stable, good aero and trail braking is a dream. It's also amazing in the wet which could really work to your advantage. I've probably got a setup for Imola, you're welcome to try it

With regard to blue flags, for anyone not sure, being predictable is key. Moving off the racing line on long straights and lifting a bit (if you aren't in a battle) is ideal, having indicators mapped to signal which way you are going to move helps a lot too.

Don't rush to get out of the way in technical sections, wait for the next opportunity to move over or let the car behind move past.

The changing conditions might be intimidating to drivers finding their feet in ACC but it's a great leveler. I don't think any of us race in anything but dry 99% of the time. Get the strategy right and you could be leading!

I need to check but some drivers have been listed as AM when racing (red number). Not sure if this is down to livery choice? Might be an idea to select an AM car if you aren't too confidant so it will give faster drivers a reminder to take care?
Great advice thank you , yes it was the technical sectors that was on my mind too, plenty of space between these areas though so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue for the faster drivers, I always bind indicators to my cars and will always indicate in the direction I intend to go ( off race line so as not to slow the passing car), The wet? Lol I will say…. I do like a wet race, as you said it really mixes it up, my last series I raced was a four race event and ended at Misano in the rain and night! Was a fantastic 90mins lol and I got to battle drivers I wouldn’t normally. You are so right about the Aston too, I started with the 911 ii GT 3 which I know was a mistake, but when I first set out in career mode on ACC it put me in a Porsche, so I chose that for my first online series, and it tried to murder me every single lap ooooof, I’m on a huge learning curve I know, but it’s going to be a very enjoyable one none the less. Finding places like RD here and organised races like these are a god send and I thank you for the opportunity.
ps: regarding the AM ? I am not familiar with what individual groups require, so I choose this option in game when creating my car and livery, I figure that out if all the options the AM choice would be the one that should be on my car.

Last edited:
805550_20230211001017_1_1650rev01.jpg

Had a very good test session with Will and anotger guy (sorry forget the name, but it was a Merc) also doing laps. It startet raining at the beginning, than increased to a very wet track and than dryed slowly off until it was completely dry when i left. So to drive in the transition from fully wet to dry and targeting the turning point for wet to dry tyres was a very helpful.

Had a very good test session with Will and anotger guy (sorry forget the name, but it was a Merc) also doing laps. It startet raining at the beginning, than increased to a very wet track and than dryed slowly off until it was completely dry when i left. So to drive in the transition from fully wet to dry and targeting the turning point for wet to dry tyres was a very helpful.
I'll be putting in a solid practice tonight

1676162735359.png

I've managed to get some testing done on the server in all 3 conditions. I decided to put my settings in a spreadsheet for easy reference. I have 3 setups saved - Dry, Damp and Wet. I'll pick the setup at the start of the race based on what the weather looks to be doing.

If I pick Dry and it chucks it down with rain half way through I can just take a quick look at what my wet setup pressures were and adjust in the MFD ready for the pit stop. Without any base reference you won't know what pressures to put in if the conditions change. They might not be bang on but they'll be much better than guessing.

Thought I'd share as it's really useful to do :)

Also worth mapping the rain light button just in case there is a lot of spray. All this effort and we might end up with a bone dry race but as the saying goes - fail to prepare....

Last edited:
View attachment 639247
I've managed to get some testing done on the server in all 3 conditions. I decided to put my settings in a spreadsheet for easy reference. I have 3 setups saved - Dry, Damp and Wet. I'll pick the setup at the start of the race based on what the weather looks to be doing.

If I pick Dry and it chucks it down with rain half way through I can just take a quick look at what my wet setup pressures were and adjust in the MFD ready for the pit stop. Without any base reference you won't know what pressures to put in if the conditions change. They might not be bang on but they'll be much better than guessing.

Thought I'd share as it's really useful to do :)

Also worth mapping the rain light button just in case there is a lot of spray. All this effort and we might end up with a bone dry race but as the saying goes - fail to prepare....
I never really thought about doing this and I was going to wing it but....You guilted me into creating mine today...:p

With your excel skills I bet you can make a much fancier one!
Honestly, you don't want to see my notebook scribbling with all the values and associated pit numbers :roflmao:

Just a weird note about the server... I was jumping in and out and came across it starting up at night. Not sure if that's part of the variability?

Honestly, you don't want to see my notebook scribbling with all the values and associated pit numbers :roflmao:

Just a weird note about the server... I was jumping in and out and came across it starting up at night. Not sure if that's part of the variability?

I had that once. Left and went straight back in and it was daytime again.

Only had 30 minutes wet/damp running from about 4 sessions! I take it we aren’t guaranteed any rain during the race?

Trying to work out best strategy.

I've seen that happen, it's a bit weird. Not exactly sure what causes it. Maybe I could set the time to static and see if that cures it? Not sure If that would change anything with the weather mind you.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 63 88.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 22 31.0%