ACC Endurance Series Round 3 @ Imola - Mon 13th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Image result for rain gifs movie

Imola.jpg

Tricky conditions on the practice server this evening. Dry running followed by a light shower made the track greasy at first meaning you had to hunt off the racing line for grip. Then the heavens opened and it turned to full wet quite quickly - mega fun!

We soon learnt to stay off the painted sections of track on the outside of corners, apexes seemed ok. Playing with TC, ABS and Brake Bias helped a lot. When the track was full wet I was running brake bias all the way to the rear.

I was at Imola too, but not on the server... I spent the evening in the pits trying to set the new WheelBase and Rim :whistling: After 3 hours I was almost satisfied with the settings, so I told myself that I would join the server, but I was to tired to race properly :roflmao:

Will be there today from 16:30 to 18:30 UTC , and then from 21:30 I think :)

See U guys ! ;)

One of my favourite tracks. Sign me up! Now need to figure out how to setup the Audi so it goes over the chicane kerbs smoother. Any tips?
I’m not a setup expert, but I’ll also race with the Audi and last night I tried with the aggressive setup and wasn’t that bad at the chicane. So I wouldn’t be worried too much, I think it’s better to not compromise the car around the track where you need some sort of “safe agility” and the car really planted on the ground, then practice to find a safe line at the chicane, that’s my opinion at least.

Anyway with those mixed conditions described by Chris it will be a lot of fun! From what I tried last night, the track state is really fast changing from greasy to dry even with only 2 cars on track, but then there was rain again, so I think managing (and guessing) the right move with tires and pit stops will be a lot more important than the pace itself. Not easy but challenging in the right way!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%