ACC Endurance Series Round 3 @ Imola - Mon 13th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
That was really hard work. Thanks everyone, hope I got out of everyone's way ok (Apart from Oliver Z, sorry again, my clumsy mistake.) Love the rain tho, really found it fun to drive in, and for the last dry session I just drove thru it on wets, and it seemed to work out as the rain started again towards the end of the race. Had great fun again, thanks everyone. Onto Laguna Seca. Gulp.

That was really hard work. Thanks everyone, hope I got out of everyone's way ok (Apart from Oliver Z, sorry again, my clumsy mistake.) Love the rain tho, really found it fun to drive in, and for the last dry session I just drove thru it on wets, and it seemed to work out as the rain started again towards the end of the race. Had great fun again, thanks everyone. Onto Laguna Seca. Gulp.
Was thankful when the rain started again, was getting pretty sketchy up until then, chicane got the better of me twice just before the rain started again, interesting race strategy wise. If it rains at Laguna Seca I’m taking up cycling hahaha

This was the best race I've ever had in my short simracing career.
Although qualifying started with light rain and a damp track, I managed to qualify on pos 5, despite a lack of training in the rain. Race start: the track is damp again (I believe), a little drizzle, but according to the forecast this will change in 10 minutes. So I take the gamble, start on slicks and lose 5 positions in lap one. Everybody else is pitting around lap 3-4 and I take the lead. Shortly after, I accelerate on a curb and hit the wall, resulting in 19 seconds of damage. Halfway through, the weather is changing again, and it's going to rain (light rain) in about 5 minutes. Lucky me, I still have to take my pit stop. So I decide to pit for wets this time (no damage repair), and so does everybody else. After my pit stop, I'm still first but Enrico and Andrew are catching, and I'm losing time because I didn't practise in the rain. 5 minutes to go, Enrico is in striking distance because his pace is amazing, and I spun in the chicane. On the next lap, he finally overtakes me and I take the second place. Congrats to Enrico and Andrew for the podiums, and a big shout-out to Chris for organizing this race! Wish you a speedy recovery, mate! :thumbsup:

Me in the cockpit when I see Johann is 30 seconds ahead after round of pit stops…….

FDAA09F4-011E-4E01-AC7C-71D4970A97DD.gif

Last edited:
Ah man, sounds awesome!

So we had a damp start, then it went dry then you had another shower later on?

Some great racing from what I saw, it was awesome to see two Lexus' battling it out.

My Race Report

I only managed 10 laps of practice ahead of the race server launching. In the practice session I tried out slick tyres on the damp track to work out where the crossover time was to change tyres.

Qualifying went well, setting third fastest, a great place to start the race.

The opening few laps went amazing, hassling Sebastien in second as we pulled away from the chasing pack. The pit stop to put Wets on went well, until my wheel disconnected as I left the pit. No FFB ment i had to leave the server and rejoin.

10 minutes in and only 2 laps completed, to top it all the game detected somewhere that I needed a 30 Stop Go too!

Sorted all of that and with 45 minutes remaining I had fuel to the end, slick tyres and a determination to not pit again or finish last. The rain came, I had a great time sliding my way around the track making up places and finishing 0.335 seconds behind M.Roberts.

First three rounds haven't gone my way, crashing out of Monza, missing last week and now this one. Maybe my luck will turn around next week?

Last edited:
I made a mistake in lap 3 and the result was an incident between T. Christopher and me. Can't find him in the entry list, may be he reads this message. Apologies for my mistake.

Last edited:
My race report.

Had a lot of practice and figured out a setup that allowed me to race under any conditions.
Quali was good, P4.
In the race, I decided early on to add fuel for the whole race, but I overestimated the amount needed, ended up with 20L leftover on the end.

The top 3 dudes ran away, I stopped at the same time as everyone for the softs and ended up 5th.
Had a couple of spins in the second chicane, which brought me back to 8th with 10s to Brooks and André.
This was my worst stint, I seemed to favour the weter track.

Came the pitstops for the sets again and I nailed it, didn't need fuel, so I passed Brooks and was right behind André in 7th.

As it started getting dry, André had a moment in the last corner and I went through.
Brooks was right behind, and almost got me in the last 2 laps (if wasn't for Crewchief, I would have stopped with one lap to go because I thought it was over!).

Happy to finish 6th, which was where I think I would have ended even without the crashes, given the pace of the guys in front, just made it harder for myself.

What a race, really something special!
A shame that Chris couldn't earn his work for organizing this race, man, your server settings and ACC really delivered.
Nearly every lap was different in terms of track conditions, it was so much fun, really something special this race.

My race evening went quite well, nothing else to say.
The work of testing payed off as i had a decent all around setup with good pace in the dry and a comfortable feel in damp or wet conditions.

The qualy was ok, but i think i missed a really good lap when the conditions were the best. A late attempt felt good but the track was to wet again for a better time.

The race than was from the start to the end very intense.
And at first, i really have to say what a great field of drivers around here. Keeping it all together at the start and opening laps, in this tricky conditions, with some really close battles, always fair and with the other drivers in mind was awesome to see.
I think this was for the RD (ACC) community a race to be proud about (off?).

Back to the race.
My start was good, i stayed in contention behind Jorge and just tryed to hold my place as overtaking in Imola is always difficult. Tyres worked well and with a drying track i dicided to stop not to early with a bit of hope for an overcut. The first stop went ok, not really bad but also not really good. I rejoined dirctly behind Jorge again, but get caught by another 1 or 2 drivers in the first corners in the out lap.
From the 1st flying lap on my car felt really great and i could push. Jorge than had a spin in the second chicane so i earned one position and closed the gap to Barros again who overtook me in my outlap i think.
Had a bit of a WOW and laugh when i saw a 2nd Lexus on track, a cool but rare sighting.

What followed was an awesome battle between Barros and me for nearly the reminder of the race. I really tried hard to hold pressure on him and i think i was a bit faster in this second, dry stint. But despite 2-3 close moments where he made small errors but managed to stay in front i had no real chance to take his position without the risk of doing something hard or maybe unfair, in my opinion.
All i can say is very well done Barros, so close but always fair and doing the right things.
It was pleasure to race with you!

So we followed each other like the big Lexus train until the rain came back and the track got wet again. We both made the stop in the same lap, a good one for me btw., and rejoind very, very close together. In the now wet and later damp condition i think that Barros had the better pace and he slowly opened a small gap. With the track drying again i really feared of my hot raintyres and praid the predicted rain for the last laps came as promised.
For 2 , 3 laps i sayed to myself everytime i leaved the last corner "stay out, don't stop for slicks, be patient"
And yep, the rain finally came back again and my tyres cooled down to normal temps.
I finally lost contact to Barros when i had a miscommunication with Roberts while trying to lap him. No worries Myles, all ok.
With the gap opened from around 3 to over 7 seconds to Barros i settled in P5 to finish the last laps safe.
So, in the end it was P5 for me.
A result i'm very pleased with because my driving and pace was steady and good.

Thanks to all for joining, hope to see such a great field next week again!

Last edited:
This was the best race I've ever had in my short simracing career.
Although qualifying started with light rain and a damp track, I managed to qualify on pos 5, despite a lack of training in the rain. Race start: the track is damp again (I believe), a little drizzle, but according to the forecast this will change in 10 minutes. So I take the gamble, start on slicks and lose 5 positions in lap one. Everybody else is pitting around lap 3-4 and I take the lead. Shortly after, I accelerate on a curb and hit the wall, resulting in 19 seconds of damage. Halfway through, the weather is changing again, and it's going to rain (light rain) in about 5 minutes. Lucky me, I still have to take my pit stop. So I decide to pit for wets this time (no damage repair), and so does everybody else. After my pit stop, I'm still first but Enrico and Andrew are catching, and I'm losing time because I didn't practise in the rain. 5 minutes to go, Enrico is in striking distance because his pace is amazing, and I spun in the chicane. On the next lap, he finally overtakes me and I take the second place. Congrats to Enrico and Andrew for the podiums, and a big shout-out to Chris for organizing this race! Wish you a speedy recovery, mate! :thumbsup:

You almost did it mate! Ok your strategy was the right one, but, considering the damage you had, you did a superb job also pace wise. Apart from (as always) slow pitstops, I didn’t give up pushing hard through all the race with consistency, and I was gaining but probably not enough, because without your mistake at the chicane the race was in your pocket. Unfortunate, but you have to be proud about your race and probably without the damaged car there was not chance for me, also fun and fair battle at the end. Also, sorry Andrew about my overtake after the 1st pit, for sure I was a bit late on brake but not intentional to block you, only was my first lap on wet tires and already in a battle, I hope I left you enough space. I thought that I was a bit ahead at the end of the main straight and left a bit of space on track so I took the position, but I don’t have the replay of that lap so not 100% sure.

The mixed conditions were amazing, challenging and useful, but especially this clean and fair grid is the best environment for anyone to gain experience, learn at any level and have fun. Congrats to all and thanks Chris for setting up and wish you a fast recovery

Pretty disappointed, I went to pit on lap 3 and accidentally unchecked do not change tyres just as I entered the box… I then had to do a lap with the wrong tyres (sketchy) and pit again. My race was over at that point and I just had to focus on getting into the top 10.

Schroeders out the box tactics were awesome, excellent mate!

Grats to Parise on the win :thumbsup:

Thanks for the server set up Chris, those settings were spot on I feel.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea