ACC Endurance Series Round 3 @ Imola - Mon 13th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I had that once. Left and went straight back in and it was daytime again.

Only had 30 minutes wet/damp running from about 4 sessions! I take it we aren’t guaranteed any rain during the race?

Trying to work out best strategy.
Nothing guaranteed as far as the weather goes. With the settings there is a chance of rain but could go either way. I'd be surprised if we don't see any rain or threats of rain over Practice, Quali, Race.

I'm going to be restarting the practice server tonight around 7pm GMT. It will come back up with X2 multiplier and a 1 hour session to match the race settings. Time multipliers increase the chance of weather changing apparently (makes sense)

Last edited:
Trying to work out best strategy.
Something I've just thought of - I usually split my fuel down the middle. Start with half what I need then add the rest at the stop. If I do this at Imola with the chance of changing conditions that would force me to stop half way come what may. Conditions might change again forcing yet another stop for different tyres. I think I'm going to stick in a full tank and deal with the pain of the extra weight! Love not knowing what's going to happen.

Something I've just thought of - I usually split my fuel down the middle. Start with half what I need then add the rest at the stop. If I do this at Imola with the chance of changing conditions that would force me to stop half way come what may. Conditions might change again forcing yet another stop for different tyres. I think I'm going to stick in a full tank and deal with the pain of the extra weight! Love not knowing what's going to happen.

Exactly what I’m doing mate! I’ve actually got 4 set ups - 2 for full fuel, one starting wet, one starting dry, pit strat 1 with swap to dry, strat 2 swap to wet and vice versa.

The other two are split fuel, same as above but refuelling for half race.

I’ve got all my wet/dry pressures dialled in for 22 degrees ambient, so will just need to check mfd at pit stop for current temps and adjust accordingly.

Running full fuel is a no brainer if you ask me, if there is even a slight chance of rain.

Exactly what I’m doing mate! I’ve actually got 4 set ups - 2 for full fuel, one starting wet, one starting dry, pit strat 1 with swap to dry, strat 2 swap to wet and vice versa.

The other two are split fuel, same as above but refuelling for half race.

I’ve got all my wet/dry pressures dialled in for 22 degrees ambient, so will just need to check mfd at pit stop for current temps and adjust accordingly.

Running full fuel is a no brainer if you ask me, if there is even a slight chance of rain.
Feels like when we were preparing for the Spa 24 all over again :D

1676228712360.png

Server is back up - I'm connected but AFK

This is going to be awesome, I already know I’ll be trundling along with the wrong tyres either up at 35psi or down below 25 :roflmao:

I’ve never thought about a race soo much over the past week!
Just watch - 32c track and bone dry for all 3 sessions :p
skynews-rexfeatures-498763d_4125860.jpg

Michael Fish springs to mind (if you don't know, Google it)

Last edited:
I had some 40 minutes on the server yesterday and I'm on the same situation as Will. With slicks I can't get any temperature, with the wets they get super hot. During the practive I'll try some other things, but the situation is fun!

The game puts up a prompt if conditions change saying something like "slicks optimum" or "wets optimum" Might be worth keeping an eye out for that, I've missed it a few times!

Roll on 8pm!
I still need to still create qually setups for different weather types soo I may jump on after work

Grid size is excellent:thumbsup:

Good morning. I wanted to apologize to you guys, but I can't race you today. I have a fever, my throat hurts. I'm unlucky, a week ago I had a problem with the internet, and today I got sick. I wish you a pleasant racing, I hope to race with you next week.
Ah man, get well soon!

*In deep movie trailer voice* "16 drivers entered Imola that evening - 1 won and the other 15 swore lots, crashed multiple times and vowed never to sim race in anything but dry conditions ever again" :roflmao:
Even in perfect conditions I’ve been told “it’s only a game, calm down and stop swearing” by my non gaming fiancée….

I mean if there’s no emotion why bother playing? :roflmao:

Just to note I’m generally swearing at myselfs inability to do 2 consistent laps in a row lol

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 56 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 90 58.4%