Featured E3 2018: Studio 397 Announce BMW M8 GTE for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,653
    rF2 Endurance Pack - BMW M8 GTE 4.jpg
    Then there were five... Studio 397 have confirmed the final car of the upcoming 'Endurance Pack' DLC.. the wonderful new BMW M8 GTE.

Joining the Porsche 911 RSR and Chevrolet Corvette C7.R in the GTE field, alongside the LMP3 specification Norma M30 and the now hugely popular in real world racing circles Oreca 07 prototype, the M8 GTE is the first official inclusion to rFactor 2 of the BMW brand, and goes a long way towards fleshing out the increasingly impressive collection of endurance racing content coming to rFactor 2 of late.

The BMW is another very pleasing step in recent months towards high profile manufacturer licences for rFactor 2, a step the simulation badly needed to make if it was to continue its upward trajectory following the acquisition of the rights to develop the software by Studio 397 became public knowledge at the 2016 Sim Racing Expo in Germany.

rF2 Endurance Pack - BMW M8 GTE 1.jpg

The "Endurance Pack" DLC will be the second long distance racing themed paid content added to rFactor 2 when it releases in the not too distant future, joining the popular GT3 Power Pack that Studio 397 used to signal their intentions to beef up the GT racing aspect of the title - a discipline of motorsport that fits perfectly with the features and functionality of the simulation.

Announcing the final car from the upcoming release during the hype of the E3 2018 event in LA, a period of time sure to be rich in Sim Racing and racing game news is a shrewd move by Studio 397, helping direct plenty of attention to a pack of cars that is sure to be seen as a welcomed addition to a title that is rapidly progressing over the last 12 months or so.

No release date has been confirmed for the upcoming DLC as yet, however as always stay tuned to RaceDeparment.com for all the latest news and discussions as they break...

rF2 Endurance Pack - BMW M8 GTE 2.jpg rF2 Endurance Pack - BMW M8 GTE 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to hear the BMW will be coming to rF2? Looking forward to the Endurance Pack DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 29
    • Love Love x 25
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Oldzeb

Oldzeb

Ratings:
    +22
    yes very happy :thumbsup:
    I love endurance racing and rFactor 2 is the best simulation for endurance racing!!
    varied pack and awesome license!!
    Le Mans is coming this weekend I hope a release on Friday or Saturday :D
    Now we just have to release quality tracks and a competitive online and it will be perfect!
    Good Job S397

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +454
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,891
  5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,522
    oh yeah! loving this car! can't wait to get my hands on it

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +341
    Awesome! :thumbsup:

7. muzikant

muzikant

Ratings:
    +131
    GooOOOOd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::)

8. Matt

Matt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +412
    Maaaaaaaate

9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,653
    rF2 keeps getting better and better. Super hyped for the Endurance Pack, looking forward to seeing what comes next!

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  10. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +208
    I was hoping for the ford GT but completely forgot about this beaut! Very nice indeed!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MPortnoy

MPortnoy

Ratings:
    +142
    As said before, the Ford GT will be released by URD.
    They already shared an early version for testing to Onwheels.tv and gave some hints that it's part of a GTE pack that will complement S397's pack (different cars) and they will all have BoP, so happy days are ahead. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    Damimam Staff

Ratings:
    +2,706
    Is this the little secret you have been / are keeping from us, Mr. Jeffrey? :p

13. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +88
    Great news!!!. Porsche and now BMW, can't wait.

Thank you Studio 397. Most encouraging to see further progress. RF2 is alive and well.

14. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +447
    Could S397 be looking to become the WEC sim title?
    At the moment it's unofficial but is it a possibility that they are going in that direction?

Looking forward to this pack and will probably instabuy on release to support the team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Dirk Steffen

Dirk Steffen
    Porsche Factory Jackass™ Premium

Ratings:
    +674
    What studio 397 does looks official to me - the GTE pack cars that will be released all look to be officially licenced (by the car manufacturers).
    Likely the accompanying URD car pack will NOT be licenced (using fantasy car names and livieries).

For any more than what it looks to be at the moment studio 397 would have to get a licence from the FIA to license the WEC series per se and that is highly unlikely seeing the budget constraints the small studio has with limited sales.

I love what they are doing - the GTE pack will be an insta buy for me as will be the URD GTE pack.
    I hope URD will be more professionell about their communication this time around and will not let this pack slowly fizzle out as they have done with their former content.

Now we only need that complete rF2 UI overhaul (I cringe every time I have to use the car selection menu or even worse the filtering menu for custom grids).

Maybe studio 397 could get into a cooperation with Ilya of Assetto Corsa Content Manager fame - now HE is a guy who understands simracing and complex user interfaces.
    I would LOOOOOOOVE a Content Manager for rF2 !

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +408
    There is a serious lack of original, non modded rF1 circuits. to be a serious wec title..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Buster

Buster
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +689
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. Lefthook

Lefthook
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    car looks perfect, as does the Porsche.

It sucks though that RF2 is one of the most expensive sims now, but the new content (aside from the Merc GT3) is excellent.

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. dreamer al

dreamer al

Ratings:
    +88
    I waited until it came on sale, which it does from time to time. Well worth it, in my view.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Fabian Biehne

Fabian Biehne
    Premium

Ratings:
    +709
    Nice car content. Now they really need some proper looking tracks. Unfortunately many mod tracks look terrible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.