DRM Revival First Drive Video!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We get behind the wheel of the upcoming DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa... our first impressions..? Watch on to find out!

The DRM (Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft) ran throughout the '70s and early '80s with much appeal to fans of high octane motorsport action. Featuring some of the most aggressively styled and potent racing machines in modern motorsport, very quickly the championship became a firm favourite for both fans and drivers alike, attracting top Grand Prix talent of the era in the form of Hans Stuck, Klaus Ludwig and other top name talent, the series was perhaps more famous for the enviable selection of cars that pretty much defined a generation of touring and sportscar activity.

Now thanks to the DRM Modding Team, many of these iconic cars will be coming to Assetto Corsa in the very near future. Is the mod up to the high standards of the real world series? Watch our video to find out :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

DRM Revival First Drive.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Did you enjoy the video? Looking forward to trying the DRM Revival yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
As mentioned by others, this will be free for the base mod, the premium mod which includes individual car physics will be payware. So you will have a choice, free for the base, pay for the premium. I know which one I'll be getting, I love these cars, the RRE group 5's which are DRM's where insane fun till they nurfed the Turbo's, blasting around Bathurst in the Zakspeed Capri was just pure racing heaven for me.
@Dirk Steffen @Bobby Pennington @Leprekaun @Brewer @JoelK this will be a must have mod guys, check out the video:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As mentioned by others, this will be free for the base mod, the premium mod which includes individual car physics will be payware. So you will have a choice, free for the base, pay for the premium. I know which one I'll be getting, I love these cars, the RRE group 5's which are DRM's where insane fun till they nurfed the Turbo's, blasting around Bathurst in the Zakspeed Capri was just pure racing heaven for me.
@Dirk Steffen @Bobby Pennington @Leprekaun @Brewer @JoelK this will be a must have mod guys, check out the video:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hey Andrew, I am actually having a few websites related to the mod always on my screen and hit reload at least a couple of times per day since about 2 years, hoping one day it might be availably.

I MUST get my sweaty hands onto, into and around those Porsche 935's, that's all I want.

I hope in the final version the window frame shape is corrected on the 935 - early previews of the mod last year still had the wrong angular shape no 911 based car ever had. The K3 seen in Paul's preview looks sweet, the earlier '77/'78 still look a little off though but it is hard to see as these only went into view for split seconds.

I don't like Paul's review at all ;-)
He didn't choose one of the Porsches but a Lancia instead (and I love myself a Lancia / ANY Lancia like the next guy).

@Paul Jeffrey give it some Porsche LOVE next time around will you ;-)

Last edited:
Yep, thats one of the earlier footages where the issue I refer to can be seen.
Don't get me wrong, the video and everything I have seen so far (including the old rFactor 1 mod I loved) is absolute Group 5 - p0rn - I love it and the work the guys have done so far is absolutely epic (it's a MASSIVE mod with 17+ cars and variations !!!).

It is just when you are such a Porsche nut as I am, you see this one little thing that is wrong and you simply can't unsee it.
I hope they fixed it in the current and later release version and even if they don't, the mod is an insta-buy without any hesitation or regret ;-)

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 12.29.52 .jpg

Yep, thats one of the earlier footages where the issue I refer to can be seen.
Don't get me wrong, the video and everything I have seen so far (including the old rFactor 1 mod I loved) is absolute Group 5 - p0rn - I love it and the work the guys have done so far is absolutely epic (it's a MASSIVE mod with 17+ cars and variations !!!).

It is just when you are such a Porsche nut as I am, you see this one little thing that is wrong and you simply can't unsee it.
I hope they fixed it in the current and later release version and even if they don't, the mod is an insta-buy without any hesitation or regret ;-)

View attachment 234252
And only my Krazy German friend (he's actually a Chinese spy) would notice this detail:p

First of all ,
Paul thank you for the video and thanks to all participating on this thread.
And nice to see my post below a sweet little asian lady ;)
I am NIL from the DRM modding team and I want to clarify some things.
Paul was using a internal Beta version , that will never be public released, because of the skins and car names.
The mod will be payware, and there will be only one version with fake names and fake skins.
We discussed this step very long inside our 4 members team.
Only one version is easier to handle for all of us.
It has to be done , if not we are struggling with future updates on all this versions.
Because there will be updates for sure, keep in mind, the Flachbau and the new 935K1 is still on our todo list.
But first we have to finish the initial version.
We are currently working on the LOD files for the Lancia, some sound and physics tweaks and modify all the skins.

----- We plan, no, we will release, the mod within around april/may/June -----

Pricing is not fix yet, but less than 1€ per car is planned

So stay tuned ,
wish you all the best
Cheers NIL

https://sketchfab.com/models/9d64e5d22b3c48b6a7f1213012eb848e

Last edited:
@august many thanks for putting to rest the speculation regards 2 versions of the mod, even at 20 Euro it will be a bargain considering the time and effort put into producing this awesome mod, I tip my hat to you and the other members of the team:thumbsup:
Cheers

[QUOTE = "Dirk Steffen, post: 2680433, membro: 245670"] Sì, questo è uno dei primi film in cui si può vedere il problema a cui mi riferisco.
Non fraintendetemi, il video e tutto quello che ho visto finora (incluso la vecchia mod di rFactor 1 che ho amato) è assoluto Gruppo 5 - p0rn - Lo adoro e il lavoro che ragazzi hanno fatto è stato assolutamente epico (è un mod MASSIVE con 17+ auto e variazioni !!!).

Vieni da me, vedi questa piccola cosa che è sbagliata e semplicemente non puoi vederla.
Spero che l'ho provato nella versione attuale e in quella successiva e anche se non lo faccio, la mod è un insta-buy senza nessuna esitazione o rimpianto ;-)

[ATTACH = pieno] 234.252 [/ attach] [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Dirk Steffen, post: 2680433, membro: 245670"] Sì, questo è uno dei primi filmati in cui si può vedere il problema a cui mi riferisco.
Non fraintendetemi, il video e tutto quello che ho visto finora (inclusa la vecchia mod di rFactor 1 che ho amato) è assoluto Group 5 - p0rn - Lo adoro e il lavoro che i ragazzi hanno fatto finora è assolutamente epico (è un mod MASSIVE con 17+ auto e variazioni !!!).

È proprio quando sei un pazzo di Porsche come me, vedi questa piccola cosa che è sbagliata e semplicemente non puoi vederla.
Spero che l'abbiano risolto nella versione attuale e in quella successiva e anche se non lo fanno, la mod è un insta-buy senza alcuna esitazione o rimpianto ;-)

[ATTACH = full] 234.252 [/ attach] [/ QUOTE]

Ciao, sono Jo membro del team di modding DRM, questo sarà uno dei nuovi modelli che verranno implementati in futuro, come puoi vedere il problema del "bordo" è risolto ... come molti altri che cerchiamo di sii più preciso al massimo
jDnM3x

It does look amazing! :thumbsup:
One thing we'll need to do is get these, Group Cs and the Lotus 98T at the Nordschleife or Bathurst and celebrate the insanity :sneaky::roflmao:

First of all ,
Paul thank you for the video and thanks to all participating on this thread.
And nice to see my post below a sweet little asian lady ;)
I am NIL from the DRM modding team and I want to clarify some things.
Jeff was using a internal Beta version , that will never be public released, because of the skins and car names.
The mod will be payware, and there will be only one version with fake names and fake skins.
We discussed this step very long inside our 4 members team.
Only one version is easier to handle for all of us.
It has to be done , if not we are struggling with future updates on all this versions.
Because there will be updates for sure, keep in mind, the Flachbau and the new 935K1 is still on our todo list.
But first we have to finish the initial version.
We are currently working on the LOD files for the Lancia, some sound and physics tweaks and modify all the skins.

----- We plan, no, we will release, the mod within around april/may/June -----

Pricing is not fix yet, but less than 1€ per car is planned

So stay tuned ,
wish you all the best
Cheers NIL

https://sketchfab.com/models/9d64e5d22b3c48b6a7f1213012eb848e

Thank you very much for the info!
I could not think of a better solution regarding the payment model - we have seen it work well with URD in the past and RSS mods and this model assures that your hard work over the years does pay off some (if surely not enough for the hours you put in).

I am sure within days of release talented skin modern will have original liveries up here in in the download section so people can drive these monsters like they drove back in the good old days of the smell of gasoline and rubber.

I cannot say enough how much I wait to drive those Porsche models you guys are building!

Btw - I must have spent more than 1 hour looking at the Lancia Beta 3D model and not only is your level of detail astonishing but man, those Lancia engineers were absolutely amazing - it makes my heart bleed to see the cutting edge engineering creativity racing Lancias had back then and what has been made of the company today :-(

Ciao, sono Jo membro del team di modding DRM, questo sarà uno dei nuovi modelli che verranno implementati in futuro, come puoi vedere il problema del "bordo" è risolto … come molti altri che cerchiamo di sii più preciso al massimo
jDnM3x

Thank you very much Jo for the confirmation!
After seeing the level of detail of the Lancia Beta, I rest assured your Porsche 935 will be nothing short of magnificent ;-)

It looks absolutely beautiful Jo!
I can't wait to drive it!

Would you guys please consider one request?
I would love to see the cars coming in their ORIGINAL liveries with correct designs, colors and features just with the obvious logos and names omitted - a little bit like it has been in the original GranTurismo for Playstation.

I am not a big fan of the generic liveries with fantasy names, as creative and funny they may be.
I think "neutralized" original skins are a nicer solution and they even would give beginners in skinning a nice starting point.

Also it would be great if your cars do show certain wear to surfaces and paint and would not look picture perfect (these were built to race back then after all and were never all perfect and neat with panel gaps and perfectly shiny paint as the multi-million-dollar-restaurations some of them are today?

I just WANT this:

da69c43613fa11258178c4e519d516c8.jpg

The video itself was nice and such...

However, I can't really see why it made the front page. :whistling:

Why?
Well, it featured basically zero new information and it also did not clarify on any of the open topics / questions that were discussed on the forum over the last 8 months or so.

Why?
Well, it featured basically zero new information and it also did not clarify on any of the open topics / questions that were discussed on the forum over the last 8 months or so.
Doesnt matter, its Group5 cars, they are the golden child of sim racing, its the art of drip feeding information, it only works with extremely popular things but it can rekindle hype a lot and that results in discussion so its now in the front page.

Why?

I think for most of us, FINALLY seeing these cars actually in action is very worthy of the front page.

Why?
Although it provides no new information to followers of the mod development, it does serve several purposes:

- provide a forum for discussion and sharing information linked from the front page of RD to people interested in the mod and even people who have so far not heard of the mod
- provide valuable clicks and engagement to the RD website
- bring Group 5 into our lives

The first point actually lead to us now knowing more than we used to as the mod makers have shared new information, not known to the public thus far (newly discussed yet not finalized pricing and publishing model and news on further refinement of certain car models).

Personally I am EXTREMELY happy, this post and video has been produced by Paul as I enjoy this kind of content SO MUCH MORE than any (non) news about some British F1 (arguable) Super(?)star having gotten a new twitter post of a tattoo on his arse or discussions thereabouts.

I just like any news about vintage Porsche racers tremendously more than arse tattoo discussions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back