DRM Revival First Drive Video!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We get behind the wheel of the upcoming DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa... our first impressions..? Watch on to find out!

The DRM (Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft) ran throughout the '70s and early '80s with much appeal to fans of high octane motorsport action. Featuring some of the most aggressively styled and potent racing machines in modern motorsport, very quickly the championship became a firm favourite for both fans and drivers alike, attracting top Grand Prix talent of the era in the form of Hans Stuck, Klaus Ludwig and other top name talent, the series was perhaps more famous for the enviable selection of cars that pretty much defined a generation of touring and sportscar activity.

Now thanks to the DRM Modding Team, many of these iconic cars will be coming to Assetto Corsa in the very near future. Is the mod up to the high standards of the real world series? Watch our video to find out :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

DRM Revival First Drive.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Did you enjoy the video? Looking forward to trying the DRM Revival yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Good products sell themselves.
I will buy this, as long as it is reasonably priced...just as I bought RSS' stuff or Kunos' DLC.
Those, I consider to be reasonably priced.
I will support any good modding group, as long as the pricing...relative to the overall product is within limits.
Teams who come out charging $7 per car and $10 per track, for a game I purchased for $30-40 (just because they see others doing it) will never be supported....not by me anyway.
If a design studio can assemble core code, build multiple cars and tracks and still make money from volume sales, so can any modding team...especially since they're not usually saddled by licensing cost.
Say you sell 1000 copies of a mod, where 5 people worked hundreds of hours per person on it. If they were in it for the money they would be better off financially spreading local newspapers.

Say you sell 1000 copies of a mod, where 5 people worked hundreds of hours per person on it. If they were in it for the money they would be better off financially spreading local newspapers.
What is your point Richard?
I've already said as long as it's reasonably priced I will buy it.
NIL, who's a members of the modding team has already confirmed it will be fairly priced.
Would you folks prefer modding to go the way of Iracing, wherein you could actually go out purchase a kart and go racing, for what a subscription cost?

Last edited:
That's why they should do it for the love of it and the community and the kudos. Just like the old days. ;)

Well, AC isn't really protected against copy/paste of paymod, plus there's already lot of pages sharing illegal content anyhow, so this would be my main reason why I think payware in this context doesn't really make sense anyway
but as I said though, it's everyone's decision what they do with their work, and I fully accept it, just like I did with the GT1 cars,

I personally don't really have that much time to race these cars anyway, and while supporting modding team ( just like I did support Kunos) with my money would be a nice, I do not want to encourage modding to become payware. I personally don't like what has become with the Flight simulator scene,

if the modding team makes this their full-time job, and they do acquire official licenses, then I'll be up for it - which is why I do like the idea that rFactor2 wants to try, which is what I also think is - to my limited understanding - how those mods for Flight simulators are, officially licensed, which explains why they cost $40+

Well, AC isn't really protected against copy/paste of paymod, plus there's already lot of pages sharing illegal content anyhow, so this would be my main reason why I think payware in this context doesn't really make sense anyway
but as I said though, it's everyone's decision what they do with their work, and I fully accept it, just like I did with the GT1 cars,

I personally don't really have that much time to race these cars anyway, and while supporting modding team ( just like I did support Kunos) with my money would be a nice, I do not want to encourage modding to become payware. I personally don't like what has become with the Flight simulator scene,

if the modding team makes this their full-time job, and they do acquire official licenses, then I'll be up for it - which is why I do like the idea that rFactor2 wants to try, which is what I also think is - to my limited understanding - how those mods for Flight simulators are, officially licensed, which explains why they cost $40+

you said you don't like it has become like the flight sim scene, then say if it was their full time job & licenced it would be ok. Isn't the later the same as flight sims with third party addons?

Yes that was my thought as well. Assetto Corsa is the one title that has the tendency to "break" mods with every update. I need to spring clean my install with all the cars that no longer work properly :(

The last time AC was breaking most *car* mods was back in 2015 when FMOD was in its early stages of implementation and still receiving major updates.

To say that AC has a reputation for breaking mods since that time period is woefully inaccurate. This myth needs to die.

Track mods have always worked in AC as well, and never been broken by updates. Just head over to the downloads section here and try a track dated 2013/14. It'll still work.

Those mods on your hard drive you are going to clean out are likely abandoned anyway and not even close to being up to date with the modern tire model, or not worth it to begin with if they havent been updated in 3 yrs :p Or, check the sounds section to see if there is a 3rd party update for them to get them working.

you said you don't like it has become like the flight sim scene, then say if it was their full time job & licenced it would be ok. Isn't the later the same as flight sims with third party addons?
I don't like it, but it's something i'm ok with, compared to unlicensed payware mods , which are not my thing,
but I suppose I didn't write it too clearly, hope this clears it out some more

The last time AC was breaking most *car* mods was back in 2015 when FMOD was in its early stages of implementation and still receiving major updates.

To say that AC has a reputation for breaking mods since that time period is woefully inaccurate. This myth needs to die.

Track mods have always worked in AC as well, and never been broken by updates. Just head over to the downloads section here and try a track dated 2013/14. It'll still work.

Those mods on your hard drive you are going to clean out are likely abandoned anyway and not even close to being up to date with the modern tire model, or not worth it to begin with if they havent been updated in 3 yrs :p Or, check the sounds section to see if there is a 3rd party update for them to get them working.
well, I disagree, every new patch broke some part of the mods, yes sound was one of those cases, but it wasn't the only one,
sometimes it would just crash after update, other times suspension setup got broken ( wheels coming through body, where before there weren't any issues, etc. ) but yeah, since now the AC is pretty much finished ( for PC), it's very unlikely that any sort of patches would cause mods to break

well, I disagree, every new patch broke some part of the mods, yes sound was one of those cases, but it wasn't the only one,
sometimes it would just crash after update, other times suspension setup got broken ( wheels coming through body, where before there weren't any issues, etc. ) but yeah, since now the AC is pretty much finished ( for PC), it's very unlikely that any sort of patches would cause mods to break

Yes that's exactly my point. I wasn't having a dig at Assetto Corsa or the developers.

All I was really saying was of the current crop of sims Assetto Corsa required the most amount of effort to keep mods working. That's all. As rightly said with the title now finished that should hopefully no longer be an issue.

RF2 can kind of be added to that list as well now but the older mods may still be useable. The recent updates were quite major. In the same way they were with Assetto Corsa during its development.

In AC's case you tended to lose sound, or the changes to the graphics engine made the car look odd. I seem to remember I had to manually change data files after one update. Admittedly that was some time ago though.

It was just a shame to remove people's hard work and never see it updated, that was my point. Some have been picked up and continued which is great to see and I regularly donate to their authors if I like something they produce.

From a mod teams point of view it must of been tough and I have nothing but respect for those groups.

That's why they should do it for the love of it and the community and the kudos. Just like the old days. ;)
In the old days making a mod was so much more easy. The amount of details that goes in just one car is as much as a full field of cars and the track they are were driving on 10 years ago. So that would only leave people without a normal job to be able to produce content from scratch that can compete with the content that's offered nowadays in sims.. Not talking about the tons of borrowed / stolen contents that gets converted for free.

In the old days making a mod was so much more easy. The amount of details that goes in just one car is as much as a full field of cars and the track they are were driving on 10 years ago. So that would only leave people without a normal job to be able to produce content from scratch that can compete with the content that's offered nowadays in sims.. Not talking about the tons of borrowed / stolen contents that gets converted for free.
Well work it out , 3D work alone maybe around 250hrs ingame finished per car x 17 cars = 4250hrs divided by 365 thats 11.65hrs a day 7 days a week over 1 year for 3D work alone , never mind all the FMOD Dev and the physics and research 1000,s of hrs searching google , its something working 12hrs a day would take 1 person years to create , multiple years , anyways I have my 20 euros sat here waiting for the release looks awesome :)

I don't remember paying for the P&G 3 mod (amongst many). That must have taken a long time with many man hours of dedication put into it by PC gamers turned modders doing it for the love and the hobby and kudos of it.
I don't blame modders going down the pay route though. That's just the way it is these days. Good luck to them.

Would've paid for it if it was released before Decemberhad the Steam sale which offered rF2 (along with AMS that I bought a month before) not existed which killed my interest in AC and have no intention of coming back to it again, therefore the possibility of getting this mod is now unlikely.

TBH, I'm utterly disappointed that the team won't do rF2 and don't understand why they bother with this simcade even though it has so much on offer despite having a very small number of mods to interest me with.

Well work it out , 3D work alone maybe around 250hrs ingame finished per car x 17 cars = 4250hrs divided by 365 thats 11.65hrs a day 7 days a week over 1 year for 3D work alone , never mind all the FMOD Dev and the physics and research 1000,s of hrs searching google , its something working 12hrs a day would take 1 person years to create , multiple years , anyways I have my 20 euros sat here waiting for the release looks awesome :)
Me too

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing