DRM Revival First Drive Video!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We get behind the wheel of the upcoming DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa... our first impressions..? Watch on to find out!

The DRM (Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft) ran throughout the '70s and early '80s with much appeal to fans of high octane motorsport action. Featuring some of the most aggressively styled and potent racing machines in modern motorsport, very quickly the championship became a firm favourite for both fans and drivers alike, attracting top Grand Prix talent of the era in the form of Hans Stuck, Klaus Ludwig and other top name talent, the series was perhaps more famous for the enviable selection of cars that pretty much defined a generation of touring and sportscar activity.

Now thanks to the DRM Modding Team, many of these iconic cars will be coming to Assetto Corsa in the very near future. Is the mod up to the high standards of the real world series? Watch our video to find out :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

DRM Revival First Drive.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Did you enjoy the video? Looking forward to trying the DRM Revival yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
TBH, I'm utterly disappointed that the team won't do rF2 and don't understand why they bother with this simcade...

Rf2 is well documented as a notoriously challenging modding platform and that along with the lack of proper support for modders from the original developers, at that time when development on this mod started, made AC the logical alternative. They also stated that Rf2 could not satisfy their intended quality requirements at the time (dx9?) . Be one's perceptions as it may, "simcade" or not, AC makes it possible to have a larger potential customer base from release time. That makes proper business sense. Additionally it also makes sense that you want to have as many people as possible enjoy the product of your hard work. Refer to the post by chargingcar as an indication of what a monumental undertaking this mod is.

Last edited:
I don't remember paying for the P&G 3 mod (amongst many). That must have taken a long time with many man hours of dedication put into it by PC gamers turned modders doing it for the love and the hobby and kudos of it.
I don't blame modders going down the pay route though. That's just the way it is these days. Good luck to them.
as was explained, new from scratch.mods take easily 10x more time to produce, so from work point of view its understandable that people wont mind making some extra $$$ for their efforts

Oh Wow what a great mod. Distribution is simple...
Two cars and 2 liveries each for free. Rock and roll.
No online code.
If you want to play on line or with the whole set set then you ante up and join.
EVERYONE WINS. Tight arses get a car and racers get a full mod.

That's my 20c worth. The mod is worth $50 if it delivers 90% of what I've seen so far.

What is your point Richard?
I've already said as long as it's reasonably priced I will buy it.
NIL, who's a members of the modding team has already confirmed it will be fairly priced.
Would you folks prefer modding to go the way of Iracing, wherein you could actually go out purchase a kart and go racing, for what a subscription cost?

After that video I'll pay what ever they ask!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%