Featured DRM Revival First Drive Video!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,665
    We get behind the wheel of the upcoming DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa... our first impressions..? Watch on to find out!

The DRM (Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft) ran throughout the '70s and early '80s with much appeal to fans of high octane motorsport action. Featuring some of the most aggressively styled and potent racing machines in modern motorsport, very quickly the championship became a firm favourite for both fans and drivers alike, attracting top Grand Prix talent of the era in the form of Hans Stuck, Klaus Ludwig and other top name talent, the series was perhaps more famous for the enviable selection of cars that pretty much defined a generation of touring and sportscar activity.

Now thanks to the DRM Modding Team, many of these iconic cars will be coming to Assetto Corsa in the very near future. Is the mod up to the high standards of the real world series? Watch our video to find out :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

DRM Revival First Drive.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Did you enjoy the video? Looking forward to trying the DRM Revival yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    • Love Love x 42
    • Like Like x 21
    • Beer Beer x 5
  2. Lum

Lum
    Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    Can't wait! Thank you for showing us this mega-mod :D

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +6,540
    Awesome video Paul! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R

Ratings:
    +448
    Nice, a Beta test within a beta test :)

Thanks for the video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle
    Banned

Ratings:
    +2,728
    My wallet is ready! Can't wait!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Graham Botha

Graham Botha

Ratings:
    +509
    Gott im Himmel! Es lebt! :O_o::D

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +902
    I’ve struggled to find a good feeling with ffb in AC, so this will give me an excuse to try again. Great work by the team. (And nice shirt Paul)

8. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +14
    Is it available now? My first thought :)
    This will be fun!
    Awesome job for them to do this!

9. Andy-R

Andy-R

Ratings:
    +448
    Is it payware?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sam Smith

Sam Smith
    Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    THIS will force me back into AC. Cant wait!

11. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +907
    That's awesome, thanks @Paul Jeffrey
    It's years that I'm looking forward for this mod, any way to get it as beta version??

12. Trauman

Trauman

Ratings:
    +3
    Soooooo wonderfull. Really fantastic. +100

13. SunBro

SunBro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +260
    ***This is not meant to be offensive or aggressive by any means. ***

@Paul Jeffrey , i might be wrong but the last time i checked their thread, they were planning to make this mod payware. As far as i'm aware, they use (or at least used so far) real names real liveries and all that. You see, the recent lancia delta s4 payware thread was shutdown just for that. Will you allow drm guys to open a thread here and sell their mod with real name and real liveries? If so, wouldn't that be double standard? Not defending rallylegends team, they sure made a lot of mistakes with the payment/presentation part. Just curious.

***This is not meant to be offensive or aggressive by any means. ***

Edit: RD re-opened the rallylegends thread. Thanks.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. BigZabar

BigZabar

Ratings:
    +0
    Could you give us an idea of the release date ?

15. Bert Austen

Bert Austen
    Pedal tho the metal Men Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    When is the release date planned ? This is awsome .....i drive it in Simbim GTR2 Game ..... Best of the best !!:thumbsup: Creme de la Creme :confused:

16. Terry Rock

Terry Rock

Ratings:
    +518
    Thanks for bringing the preview.
    I personally, am a big fan of the DRM mod since I followed the actual series.
    I will definitely be purchasing this mod, as long as the price is reasonable.
    I do see something in the video that is a bit odd.
    During a few of the shots where the car is clearly accelerating, there are massive exhaust flames at the stack.
    That would not be happening at that stage.
    You might get a 'popping' flame on the up-shift due to unstable combustion, but the duration would be extremely short.
    Those lengthy flame-fronts would occur mostly during deceleration, at places like the approaches to the chicane, La Source, Les Combes and turn 13 prior to Campus.
    They're produced during fuel cut from the ECU, when the unburnt fuel in the cylinders is dumped and re-lit by the hot gases from the wastegate.
    May want to adjust that a bit.
    Still looks really great.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Conrad Miller

Conrad Miller

Ratings:
    +60
    Great! It's always nice to see FREE quality mods. If I find the physics good, I might even donate a dollar or two.

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. pilot68

pilot68
    Premium

Ratings:
    +12
    Absolutely stunning. I can see a lot of dedicated work here. To those here that are not keen to pay for others efforts and work, do you always work for free. If so i have a long list for you.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,337
    Just like the 935 DRM went full loophole, now im not sure if this is still the case but I do remember them talking about the options. They want two versions, standard and premium, you get the models but you get generic physics but the premium version has better physics and sounds. AS I said this may have changed, im not on the team so I dont know.

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Neils on Wheels

Neils on Wheels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    Ben waiting so long, this will be huge for AC. I'm a bit disappointed to hear a lack in quality for the interior, that's my biggest issue with mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.