Resource icon

Apps DriveVibe - Body Shaker 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
PanaRace970 submitted a new resource:

DriveVibe - Body Shaker - Body Shaker - Simulate your seat

Get 2 body shakers, an amp, connect them up like regular speakers to the amp and connect the amp to the rear speaker output of your sound card (with regular speakers as front speakers). Use speaker fill on the sound panel to get the game sound also to the body speakers, good e.g. for engine vibes and some sound events. Now also run the provided app to get your seat vibrating with gear shifts and when driving over a curb.

YouTube: See how it works in simulation

Important: This is not...

Read more about this resource...

Very interesting! I must try this. Normal bass speakers works the same way as bodyshakers, right? I break a bass speaker for instance and maybe build some frame around it to give it some flexibility etc.. Trying to save the last pennies here :D

No, regular bass speakers won't be good. The body shakers are just magnets and therefore create very little "air waves" but vibrations on what they are attached to. You can start with one and often an amp is also available for testing.

I hope the .exe runs by itself. It should need the fmod.dll which is in the same dir. Just try running it and see what happens. It should open a black window with some text. Initially it waits 7 seconds when a new AC session starts as this is the time AC needs to calibrate the camber of the car.
When it sends a vibe to the left/right channel of the rear speaker, it draws an X or #. You'll see it when you have the black window infront of your AC screen.

It the .exe doesn't run, please make sure you have a 4 speaker setup.

Last edited:
Does this alter the rear channel sounds, so after this I can't hear the sounds coming from rear neither front or rear speakers? Or does it just send this "vibe"? I imagine I can't use rear input for normal speakers after having this "vibe"

Does this alter the rear channel sounds, so after this I can't hear the sounds coming from rear neither front or rear speakers? Or does it just send this "vibe"? I imagine I can't use rear input for normal speakers after having this "vibe"
It doesn't alter the normal sounds played on the rear left/right channels (if any). It plays additional sounds on the left/right rear channels. The played sounds are about 40 Hz. So you can still connect regular speakers to the rear output. The front speaker sounds are not touched.

Love this, and look forward to updates.
This has made my driving rig a different experience altogether playing pcars with the Rift.
Thanks to the programmer.

Hey guy

Thanks for your good work
With the update "FMOD", it would be important to update your application, new version of the DLL "FMOD".

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 79 28.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.6%