Resource icon

Apps DriveVibe - Body Shaker 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
@PanaRace970 Thanks for all of your hard work. DriveVibe 1.3 worked in PCARS2 at release, but it looks like the latest PCARS2 update makes DriveVibe 1.3 crash:

Code:
A fatal error has occurred...

ProjectCARS2: SharedMem Data version mismatch

Press ESCAPE to quit

This is with PCARS2 set as the Shared Memory Protocol. I assume they changed some parameters...

Also, in AC, I'm not sure if it's something in AC or my system, but DriveVibe output will go in and out. It'll work at the beginning of a race, then go silent..then I'll get stuck in a sandtrap, get out of it, then it's back to vibrating. It may have to do with the latest Oculus Core 2.0 beta, but just a heads up.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. PCARS2 indeed updated the shared memory to version 9 with patch 3. I'll do a buidl, hopefully I get some idea to also support PCARS 1 at the same time.

About the going in and out: Sorry, no idea and I can't see why this would happen.

Hello , i try DriveVibe 1.4 with Project Cars 2 but he dont work. Program start great , black windows with command. When i choice Pcars 2 in this command . He says : no data . My Pcars 2 is original version from Steam, is installed on D:\Program Files 2\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2
Shared memory actived because i already use SimHub to have a external display interface...

A few month earlier i try Drivevibe v1.2 ( AC et Pcars 1 ) with Pcars 2 , he work a little.... only gear shifting was working.... But now with v1.4 , nothing!

Do you know what i need to do?

Thanks , your program is a great idea and free , what else ? ;-)

sorry for my english :)

Hello , i try DriveVibe 1.4 with Project Cars 2 but he dont work. Program start great , black windows with command. When i choice Pcars 2 in this command . He says : no data .

I have the same issue :( Is there something that has to be done within PCars 2?

Edit:

I played around with the settings within PCARS2 (Options/System) and set everything to PCARS1 protocol, and I am able to use Drivevibe 1.1 with PCARS2 :)

Last edited:
Sure Pcars 2 was working . Preshared Memory ; Pcars 1 --- UDP :9 ----- Protocol : Pcars 2 ... I think , with the new update from Pcars 2 is changing the directory of shared memory.
Parce que j'ai le même problème avec SimHub, pas de données sur mon tableau de bord sur Pcars2 ...... Mais Simhub fonctionne très bien avec Dirt 4 et autres jeux ... Ca fait longtemps que je ne joue pas à Pcars 2, beaucoup de mise à jour ...

Sure Pcars 2 was working . Preshared Memory ; Pcars 1 --- UDP :9 ----- Protocol : Pcars 2 ... I think , with the new update from Pcars 2 is changing the directory of shared memory.

Because i have the same problem with Simhub , no dat on my external dash on Pcars 2..But work great with Dirt 4 ...

Unfortunately I don't have PCARS2. So I can't try.

This is from their example and I use it the same way:
---
// Name of the pCars memory mapped file
#define MAP_OBJECT_NAME "$pcars2$"

HANDLE fileHandle = OpenFileMapping( PAGE_READONLY, FALSE, MAP_OBJECT_NAME );
if (fileHandle)
// Get the data structure
sharedData = (SharedMemory*)MapViewOfFile( fileHandle, PAGE_READONLY, 0, 0,sizeof(SharedMemory)
---

And in the output I do:
Common_Draw("ProjectCARS2 mode (%s)", sharedData ? "active" : "no data");

So if sharedData is NULL, DriveVibe prints "no data".
Either the shared memory file name changed or it doesn't exist or it can't be opened...

Just downloaded the software, tested it on my current shacker/soundcards, does a noticeable 'bump' when pressing '3 - test' on the second (right?) channel. Starting up PC2 (latest version, shared memory and upd on PC1 (because pcars profiler and my wheel rpm-dial hardware) but no 'vibe' on either channel in the DriveVibe software. Anyone got an idea where I gone wrong?

Edit: DriveVibe is set to PC2, and tried version 1.3 and 1.4.

Last edited:
When using shared memory set to PC1, please try V1.1. The versions supporting PC2 are only supporting shared memory set to PC2. And you need to toggle from Assetto Corsa to PC.

Since the last Win10 update it stopped working for me.
I start the .exe and it ignores every input I do. it doesnt react at all. Tried starting as admin and different compatibillity modes, no luck.

I thought it was freezing everytime i started it. But i figured out that all hotkeys are changed. It makes no sense. I press 1-5 on my keyboard and nothing happens. The arrow keys still work. Its like the number keys got remapped. When i press Page up or down, SOMETIMES it presses what equals to 3. Its very, very strange.

Well I managed to find a work around this problem. Simply press the assigned command number, e.g. 1, 3, 4 or 5 followed by the corresponding F key. This worked for me and I hope it would work for you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%