AC DRIVE TO SURVIVE! Formula L Championship (F1 simulation)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My start was phenomenal! :geek::geek: That second gear slap is brutal haha!
Sadly I got completely surprised by Thomas slowing that much and quickly. Big sorry Thomas!! :redface:

(careful, sound a bit loud!)

I was then a bit in no man's land and tried to catch up, which wasn't really working...
I decided to pit later then everyone else to at least have some battles but when Han got close, I made a mistake and he was gone. :cry:
Which is okay, since he did the fastest lap of the race! :confused:

Somehow Markus ended up quite far behind me so I decided to change tyres and hopefully have a battle with him on fresh tyres.
The plan worked out quite nicely and we had an awesome battle for the last few laps!

Thanks for that Markus! It was awesome fun! That super late block made me almost **** my pants though so I got a bit overly motivated for the last lap as payback :laugh:

(2x playback speed to make it less enduring...)

Just signed up as well for the championship. Hope I can most of the remaining the races.

I did notice on the test server though, that I can a little bit of damage to the engine with every shift (at least the damage indicator starts blinking). Is there something special I need to configure? It also seemed like H-shifters are not supported by the car, so only paddle shifting then?

Oh and seems like I could enter on my own, not sure whether that is Ok/intended @HF2000

Last edited:
Just signed up as well for the championship. Hope I can most of the remaining the races.

I did notice on the test server though, that I can a little bit of damage to the engine with every shift (at least the damage indicator starts blinking). Is there something special I need to configure? It also seemed like H-shifters are not supported by the car, so only paddle shifting then?

Oh and seems like I could enter on my own, not sure whether that is Ok/intended @HF2000
Hi Arne.

Welcome. No entering on your own was not intended but thanks to you I see that they have made some changes as it's now password protected.

You can ignore the engine damage. Nothing to configure besides turning off your damage display if you want :thumbsup:

You can't ignore the tire wear though :O_o:. Depending on the track, you might be able to get away with 1 set.... or they die in the last few laps and Paul and Han pass you :laugh:

You can ignore the engine damage, yep.
In ac, you see all the damage, no matter how small it is. The engine would probably last a few hundred hours before losing any power due to damage.

You can't use H-shifters because afaik it's a bike engine thrown into that tiny car :roflmao:
I don't think AC simulates manual clutch + sequential shifting, so you don't need to use the clutch apart from the start and when in the pits!

The car is so light and the brakes so weak at the rear that the engine has too much torque to let you make a quick full stop!
So when pitting, shift down to 1st while braking and then press the clutch to stop.

To not get the engine damage blinking you can lift the throttle when shifting, but it's not needed.

Can I still register during the season and are there still places available? I would like to join.
Yes to both!
I joined in later too and we have enough spots left!
The car seems to scare people off so we're not the biggest grid (yet), although it's one of the best and fun cars I've ever driven.
Perfect for the gpk tracks!

Han will add you when he sees your message I guess :)

Yes to both!
I joined in later too and we have enough spots left!
The car seems to scare people off so we're not the biggest grid (yet), although it's one of the best and fun cars I've ever driven.
Perfect for the gpk tracks!

Han will add you when he sees your message I guess :)
Ok thanks. I know the car, I have done a couple of fun races with it and I know the tracks ......

No way! :roflmao:

Awesome to have the creator of them racing with us!
Huub, which cars do you normally use for your tracks? I tried the MAD Formula team but they are too fast for me. And the Estonia3 was also not really a succes.

Huub, which cars do you normally use for your tracks? I tried the MAD Formula team but they are too fast for me. And the Estonia3 was also not really a succes.
The GPK tracks in rFactor have the dimension of real world kart tracks, so they work good with Rotax Max karts. The GPK tracks in Assetto Corsa are a little bit bigger and made for Formula Student, the non EVO version. The EVO version has an engine with more power, so it is to fast for GPK tracks.

On Simracing.GP there is a FSGP race every Saturday in a F1 weekend on the GPK version of the real F1 track.

Last edited:
I see Istanbul, Portimau and Qatar are in the championship. Are they placeholders for Montreal, Singapore and Suzuka? I am working now on Montreal to get it ready in time and I will also do Singapore and Suzuka.
I also see Sochi on the calendar. F1 and FSGP have skipped Sochi.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 405 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 255 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 274 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.6%
Back