AC DRIVE TO SURVIVE! Formula L Championship (F1 simulation)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well the stop for tyres nearly worked out but I still had a blast staying ahead of a determined Ernie.
My previous races in this car had me spinning out on the last lap with nothing left on the tyres so I went for the tyre stop with the hope that the fresh rubber would gain me time in the later laps. I think if I had come in a lap earlier it would have worked as I was faster than Ernie but happy to stay on track with no errors and finish 0.1 alongside Ernie. (Watch the last lap replay).
For those of you who couldn’t get to grips with this car, stick at it and practice, it will suddenly come together. I’m no expert and have only been sim racing here for just over a year and I usually am mid pack in most races. When I first ran this car I was all over the place and way of Han’s pace, but with a bit of practice and not trying to push too hard while learning to balance the car on the throttle, I gradually got to grips with it.
So if I can do it, you guys certainly can.
Thanks to Han and all who helped sort the server issue, great teamwork guys and well done Ernie for hanging on in there.:thumbsup:

Ha Ha Paul , my advantage was, ….. this car is my daily driver. :roflmao::roflmao:

I had forgotten about tyres, when we raced before I caught Allan with ease, much to his surprise I think, he immediately headed for the pits and got a tyre change. Unfortunately I was at that point three laps adrift.:(

Ironically after my I litre fuel stop, I looked at the lead I got, bit mystified to why at that point, but no way were you going to close that gap, next thing I knew you were right up my *****, sooo lucky it was the last lap.
Great racing with you.:)

Ha Ha Paul , my advantage was, ….. this car is my daily driver. :roflmao::roflmao:

I had forgotten about tyres, when we raced before I caught Allan with ease, much to his surprise I think, he immediately headed for the pits and got a tyre change. Unfortunately I was at that point three laps adrift.:(

Ironically after my I litre fuel stop, I looked at the lead I got, bit mystified to why at that point, but no way were you going to close that gap, next thing I knew you were right up my *****, sooo lucky it was the last lap.
Great racing with you.:)
It will be very interesting to see in the next races which strategy is the best in a 30min race. It could even depend on the track. And if you can do something like tyre management. Gives a nice extra twist to this championship, I think.
In the last lap my left rear was at zero and the right rear at 24.

Last edited:
Well, i didn't like this a single bit hahahha

First of all, i had a busy evening before the race started, so there was no time to practice the track or the car and i had never driven either of 'm (ofc, i did race the normal bahrain with the MX5).

For some reason, i couldn't get it faster than i did, which was slow as fuzz. It was wiggling it's tail a lot, and the full release of those adrenaline-infused horses under the hood made it kick it's tail even more.

Add to that, i'm a "frontbumper-view" driver and going through some of the corners gives you a shadow of the car (especially corner 10), which makes it seem that you are spinning out, while you're not. Very confusing, because i was trying to correct an oversteer which wasn't there, which led me to oversteer..

I was frustrated for the full 30 minutes haha. But as Paul already said, i think i need some more practice, hoping the "car" will start to make sense.

Last edited:
Fun stuff yesterday! Second half of the race was more me racing against myself as I couldn't catch up to Han and he didn't seem like he wanted to wait :D

Guess I'm a weirdo because I really like these little bread boxes :roflmao: . I find approaching these more like rally cars vs track cars helps me get to "grips" with it (and embrace the lack of grip :p ). Nothing so extreme as a full Scandinavian flick, but unlike gt3 cars, these guys seem to like the extra momentum if you "load up" for the turn (brake, turnout out, let off, turn in). Granted, this style eats through tires (I did a tire change during my pit, then set my fastest lap on my last lap. Couldn't get closer to Han though.)

As far as running the full championship, I'm good either way, doing it or not. I really like these cars at these tracks, and maybe running these as "one offs" using some of the more popular F1 tracks might draw bigger girds? But so long as work doesn't get in the way, I'll be back for more, championship or otherwise!

And I'm going to get my shoey :cool::D

Thanks for putting this together Han :thumbsup: and congrats on the win @Kek700 Ernie! A bit of a different finish from the Estonia law mower ;)

Last edited:
Sign me up Han, as I said in the other thread and then forgot :roflmao:

Currently a lot going on in my life but I really like the hilarious "car" and a shorter event is way easier for me to do. Thursdays are mostly free because I need to get up early on Friday.
The events should be short and early enough while not being too serious to calm down afterwards :)

Since I'm quite closely following F1 this season, I really like this idea!
Thanks for hosting it for us!

Sign me up Han, as I said in the other thread and then forgot :roflmao:

Currently a lot going on in my life but I really like the hilarious "car" and a shorter event is way easier for me to do. Thursdays are mostly free because I need to get up early on Friday.
The events should be short and early enough while not being too serious to calm down afterwards :)

Since I'm quite closely following F1 this season, I really like this idea!
Thanks for hosting it for us!
You're in, Rasmus. Welcome.

Hi Danny,

You're in and you're very welcome.
I believe you are new in our community so please read our rules carefully especially the Golden Rule and make sure you join us on Discord voice chat during the event.

See you on track!

Btw Danny,

If you are completely new to onlinesimracing, you might try the MAZDA MX5 in the wednesday multiclass. It's very suited for newcomers to get experience in racing with other humans.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 66 88.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 23 30.7%