DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Season 1 DLC Coming March 12th - New Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally will be coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 12th - with Monte Carlo to follow shortly after.

Unlike 2015's DiRT Rally video game, DR2.0 comes complete with a robust post launch DLC delivery plan, the first fruits of which will be made available to players as soon as this March 12th. Containing the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally, the 'season one, stage one' content will be available for all players who own the Deluxe Edition, while Day One and Standard Edition owners will have the opportunity to purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual pieces of content separately via their digital store of choice.

"We are delighted to bring back two iconic rally cars which will excite our core community and give new fans a taste of rally history,” commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. “The Citroën C4 Rally was extremely dominant in the late 2000s and features Petter Solberg’s livery, who enjoys a great working relationship with the studio. The ŠKODA Fabia Rally was driven by the great Colin McRae, and we are very proud that players will be able to experience another of his iconic vehicles. Players can expect incredible traction and stability from the both these vehicles, and they make a fantastic addition to the legendary car roster in DiRT Rally 2.0.”
Hot on the heels of these two new cars will be the returning Monte Carlo Rally, redesigned and uplifted for DR2.0, which should be made available to purchase as part of this first DLC pack a little later in the month on March 26th.

DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC Schedule
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Open Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all Season One content, release dates above, plus Season Two which features a similar level of content as part of their Season Pass. All other players can purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual piece of content separately.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC now.

Check out the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community engagement and of course some pretty sweet mods and League and Club racing too.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

It might be the same stage (just like the tracks are basically the same in all track racing games), but it's not the same content, it's updated for the new game (and we still don't know to what extent, for all we know, it might be a very different stage in the end). How is it in any way different to paying for the same cars and tracks in AC and ACC, or in PCars 1 and 2? Either the "different games" and/or "same car/track" applies to all games, or to neither.
The difference is, when you buy an updated version of your car you get new everything, updated electronics, better engine, better economy etc (AC - ACC) everyone is happy, but if someone tries to sell you an updated version of your car and only the seat covers have been changed , yet, charge you full price for the Privilege (DR1 -DR2 DLC), then , yeah, people are going to be miffed off, and rightly so.

I was reading through the mixed reviews last night and noticed the majority of negative reviews (racenet aside) came from wheel users, and a lot of the positives claiming great feedback and physics were from pad users.

Having not raced with a pad since my FM4 days on the 360, I thought I would give it a try and ya know what?
The pad users are right the game does feel great!
Constant canned road effects and the cars seem way more stable at high speeds, even some of the ffb options that are greyed out for wheel users are unlocked.

I did 5 shakedowns with my wheel and 5 with an Xbox one controller. After the second shakedown with the pad, I beat my pb by 1.5 secs......maybe I should return to racing with a controller lol

Gonna try driving in wingman view next :roflmao::laugh:

Edit: so I tried it in wingman....didn't work out 2 well...but I discovered 2 interesting things in the quick test
1. I smashed into a tree and the car's handling was actually affected by the damage and was wobbling all over the place.
2. When you alt-tab or minimize the screen while your wheel is plugged in it will turn full lock and continue smashing at max force until you unplug it.

Starting to wonder if any of Codies testers used a wheel?

Last edited:
The strange thing is, that kind of surface forces are implemented.
For example when you drive in Australia between this gates. This uneven surface translate the forces exactly to the wheel. Also this happens when you hit a curbstone in Spain.
But the general surface properties are sort of very damped or not existent.
The same happens when you try to hard brake on gravel. Usually the wheels will block and this should be transfered via FFB to our wheel base.
When i remeber it right , so it was already in DR1.....

Last edited:
1.99 euro here. But yeah, I was just about to post that. Very nice.

Also I don't think it's an error, the cars that are currently available will be released tomorrow, so it makes sense they are there.

While you're spending money with Bugmasters dlcs, i'm here playing Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo if not the best simulator, at least the best rally simcade ever made, which i paid only 2,50U$S.

Forcefeedback, damage model, physics, optimization, content, everything outstanding.

And that's ok to be a simcade since, Dirt Rally 1 and 2 are also simcades, plus completely arcade in some points.

Dirt Rally 1 jumps for example, the car can change direction while in the air.
Dirt Rally 2.0 tarmac = hovercraft.

Sometimes I really don't understand this community. FFB is broken because you can't feel road surface and then a "savior" mod is presented for the first game. But when you go to the thread it's nothing but complains about issues in every front. :whistling:

People are quick to suggest WRC 7 as a great, cheap replacement. Only it's terrible (source: I have it).

• Deleted member 197115

I just gotta say I really love your optimistic and positive attitude. It's a real inspiration to everyone here.
Isn't that what Christina from Codemaster said in her response to community.

Here

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your feedback so far. Just to let you know, we're working on a patch to address some of the most pressing issues that have been raised here. As soon as I have notes on confirmed fixes, I'll share them with you ASAP.

We're also looking into FFB as a priority, as we're aware a lot of you have raised concerns about how this feels. However, we just want to make clear that there is no easy fix for this; anything we change will affect all vehicles, surfaces and peripherals, so we have to be very thorough to ensure any changes we make will be positive across the board.

Cheers,
Christina

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34816-dirt-rally-20-v11-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?page=15&tab=comments#comment-405532

Isn't that what Christina from Codemaster said in her response to community.
Not to drag this any further, but if you would just quote the part where she says that the FFB update will most likely never happen, I'd be grateful. I've read that post you quoted several times and I still fail to see it.

I mean...what she said certainly doesn't mean there *will* actually be an update to the FFB, but it also doesn't say anything about it "most likely never happening". Which is what I was referring to in my previous post.

Come on guys, there is absolutely nothing wrong nor is the ffb broken that so many claim.

If you just play it the way it was meant to be played and stop fiddling with your silly toy wheels...like really, how many people actually use a wheel for racing games anyways?

Just plug in your gamepads and you'll realize everything works perfectly fine and this game is truely a masterpiece and the best rally sim to date!

In the meantime, for those waiting for a patch to fix the last few bugs, I strongly suggest you go buy the NEW DLC to keep yourself busy...and if you don't like this dlc don't worry cause they are releasing new dlc every 2 weeks for the next 11 weeks!!!!

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/02/seasonone-dr2/

Man the sim racing community is so negative and always complaining lol

Some of you really need to learn to be more positive ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back