DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Season 1 DLC Coming March 12th - New Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally will be coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 12th - with Monte Carlo to follow shortly after.

Unlike 2015's DiRT Rally video game, DR2.0 comes complete with a robust post launch DLC delivery plan, the first fruits of which will be made available to players as soon as this March 12th. Containing the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally, the 'season one, stage one' content will be available for all players who own the Deluxe Edition, while Day One and Standard Edition owners will have the opportunity to purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual pieces of content separately via their digital store of choice.

"We are delighted to bring back two iconic rally cars which will excite our core community and give new fans a taste of rally history,” commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. “The Citroën C4 Rally was extremely dominant in the late 2000s and features Petter Solberg’s livery, who enjoys a great working relationship with the studio. The ŠKODA Fabia Rally was driven by the great Colin McRae, and we are very proud that players will be able to experience another of his iconic vehicles. Players can expect incredible traction and stability from the both these vehicles, and they make a fantastic addition to the legendary car roster in DiRT Rally 2.0.”
Hot on the heels of these two new cars will be the returning Monte Carlo Rally, redesigned and uplifted for DR2.0, which should be made available to purchase as part of this first DLC pack a little later in the month on March 26th.

DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC Schedule
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Open Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all Season One content, release dates above, plus Season Two which features a similar level of content as part of their Season Pass. All other players can purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual piece of content separately.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC now.

Check out the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community engagement and of course some pretty sweet mods and League and Club racing too.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Is it still using the old ego engine? Now im no expert on game engines etc but If they released a Rally sim that drove like RBR with current graphics and opened it up for modding they would sell shed loads, I certainly would buy it and people coming into Rally sims in future years would as well like RBR.

Nobody want to do that!I wish somebody can get/buy engine of rbr and really do a good sim with good graphics and best rbr physics! Because even on facebook page of dirt I found some txrds are crying that why they did sim instead of dirt 3 type arcade!

Is it still using the old ego engine? Now im no expert on game engines etc but If they released a Rally sim that drove like RBR with current graphics and opened it up for modding they would sell shed loads, I certainly would buy it and people coming into Rally sims in future years would as well like RBR.[/QU
I feel the same !

I agreed with you that ffb is broken but I have accuforce and sim commander have now plugin for dirt rally 2 and now we can feel the surface and slides!feel sorry for all other brands owners!

Quoting myself here, for continuity sake:
"Sure, they have to for the Deluxe Edition buyers, but the broken FFB issues seem to be affecting most players with a wheel, regardless of brand."

That's why I stated that the broken FFB is affecting "most players with a wheel" and NOT "all players with a wheel".

It seems odd that you marked the post as a disagree, when in fact you begin your response by stating that you agree that the FFB is broken, just not for you now that SimXperience has created their own fix. :rolleyes:

I don't ever think WRC ever will be sim!its sucked arcade!
WRC7 is a great alternative to DLC rally 2, much improved over previous iterations. Stay clear with DD wheels though as it doesn't work on some of them which is a shame, but on a consumer wheel it's fine. FFB and physics feel decent and I'm enjoying it a lot since I picked it up a week or two ago as the stages are top notch. 12 bucks on CD keys.

• Deleted member 637371

Someone suggested WRC when a lot of negative feedback came in about Dr 2.0.

I decided to pick it up (pretty cheap too) and gave it a go, but it's not for me. (Not sure i lasted 30 minutes with it!).

The usual bunch of complainers here i see:speechless:. I rather prefer to pay twice the price and get a flawless product instead of researching forums for possible bug-solutions and tweaking ini-files. DR 2.0 delivers that and it's IMO one of the best simulations today much better than the predecessor. It's worth every cent and so far i spent 1 Euro per hour with many hours to follow;)

You mean we have to pay for tracks we already baught? Makes you appreciate the developers who give you such content for free with the next title. I already paid for Monte Carlo and i have already driven it. Now i get the chance to pay for it again and drive it again. Great stuff. :rolleyes:
Well, even if the engine is the same, updating the stages for the new shaders could still require a lot more man-hours, more than some poor rf1=>ac conversions. So it's not just copy-paste.
And that practice of updating and refining old content was always there, but i think the key to disappointment here is selling them as extra dlc. If they swapped Monte with NZ, for example, with Monte being part of main game, and NZ as extra DLC there would be less frustration.

I'm not that offended by codemasters selling dirt1's content as a dlc (you still can play dirt 1 and not buy the dlc), for sure some work was necessary to update the content.

But I think it would have been better to give a special discount for dirt1's owners.

And it would have been a much better business practice to clearly state in the deluxe edition description that the future dlcs would include dirt1's content, and to propose a discounted deluxe edition for dirt1's owners.

That's a bad move codemasters... But as in 6 months the game will receive a good discount, I'm ok, I'll wait...

@Kurupt CDN You disagree that iracings system is more expensive? Please donate codemasters some money if you buy the first DLC then. 6 cars and 3 tracks/countrys = +- 115$ (100€) for the first season of dlc and don't forget to monthly donate 5$ to play

I already wasted $70 on the deluxe version thanks.

Back to iRX where I actually have people to race with every hr with servers that support more than 8 users, ffb that works, non Oculus vr support, proper track degradation...and closed forms where I can enjoy sim racing discussions with fellow racers and not have to listen to people complain about the cost ;)

You forgot to add the the 20% off discount for buying 6 pieces, plus it's smarter to buy a 50% off subscription :)

Edit: for the record...
Dirt 1 deluxe + Dirt 2.0 deluxe..same content just broken costs more than all the iRx content + 1 yr subscription

iRacing released a massive build a few days ago, and released another update today to address a few issues.....what has Codemasters done to address the games current issues other than announce DLC a week after launch :whistling:

Last edited:
Someone suggested WRC when a lot of negative feedback came in about Dr 2.0.

I decided to pick it up (pretty cheap too) and gave it a go, but it's not for me. (Not sure i lasted 30 minutes with it!).
Give a try to Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, it has a bad sound and not so good graphics but the FFB works very nice without to adjust anything, and on asphalt is very decent! (at least better than Dirt), and I think you should be able to find it cheap somewhere.
I'll just give a try to Dirt 2.0 as soon as they fix FFB issues and can buy it for 15€ all DLCs included... So in christmas I'll be able to try it! ;)

WRC7 is a great alternative to DLC rally 2, much improved over previous iterations. Stay clear with DD wheels though as it doesn't work on some of them which is a shame, but on a consumer wheel it's fine. FFB and physics feel decent and I'm enjoying it a lot since I picked it up a week or two ago as the stages are top notch. 12 bucks on CD keys.
Had WRC7 in my wishlist so at £6.99 thought why not and it's okay. Taken me 3 hrs to get FFB the way I like it and graphics on very high. Plays and looks okay. Pity no triple screen support not can adjust the seat/fov but at that price can't complain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back