DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Season 1 DLC Coming March 12th - New Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally will be coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 12th - with Monte Carlo to follow shortly after.

Unlike 2015's DiRT Rally video game, DR2.0 comes complete with a robust post launch DLC delivery plan, the first fruits of which will be made available to players as soon as this March 12th. Containing the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally, the 'season one, stage one' content will be available for all players who own the Deluxe Edition, while Day One and Standard Edition owners will have the opportunity to purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual pieces of content separately via their digital store of choice.

"We are delighted to bring back two iconic rally cars which will excite our core community and give new fans a taste of rally history,” commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. “The Citroën C4 Rally was extremely dominant in the late 2000s and features Petter Solberg’s livery, who enjoys a great working relationship with the studio. The ŠKODA Fabia Rally was driven by the great Colin McRae, and we are very proud that players will be able to experience another of his iconic vehicles. Players can expect incredible traction and stability from the both these vehicles, and they make a fantastic addition to the legendary car roster in DiRT Rally 2.0.”
Hot on the heels of these two new cars will be the returning Monte Carlo Rally, redesigned and uplifted for DR2.0, which should be made available to purchase as part of this first DLC pack a little later in the month on March 26th.

DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC Schedule
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Open Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all Season One content, release dates above, plus Season Two which features a similar level of content as part of their Season Pass. All other players can purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual piece of content separately.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC now.

Check out the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community engagement and of course some pretty sweet mods and League and Club racing too.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

DR2 could be a great game but it has so many problems and questionable (to put it politely) design choices that ruin the game. I bought the game but have played less than two hours because I want to keep refund option open, Codemasters have not exactly convinced me with their post-launch effort. Releasing recycled DR1 content as paid DLC certainly does not do it. So refund it is, looks like. Shame

It could still become a decent game in a few months or so. Or it could not.

• Deleted member 637371

Give a try to Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, it has a bad sound and not so good graphics but the FFB works very nice without to adjust anything, and on asphalt is very decent! (at least better than Dirt), and I think you should be able to find it cheap somewhere.
I'll just give a try to Dirt 2.0 as soon as they fix FFB issues and can buy it for 15€ all DLCs included... So in christmas I'll be able to try it! ;)

Thanks, I'll check it out. It''s only a fiver on Steam.

I just watched a comparison video @MartinFiala did versus original DR . The graphics don't look too bad and the driving looked decent. Thanks for the heads up, i'll give it a try.

They need to fix the lighting, the dynamic eye adaptation lighting sucks. I hate how companies start releasing DLC so soon- like it was planned before the game was released. There was a company that made a console game that had the DLC already on the disc... ready to be sold later. SCUMMY

Saying that Dirt 2.0 is just a patched D1 is really overstatement. At best.
Everything is improved in 2.0 imho but I get people wanted even more and didn't expect day one DLC, RaceNet system etc... but for me 2 is improvement in every field. Graphically especially. Sorry... I'm quite visual type. :D
For those others... mybe you should just wait for WRC8 and brace for no day one DLC's. Tbh I love WRC series too, love the official WRC licence drivers and all cars ! @@
As you might have noticed :D I'm pretty much easy to please.
I even love DIRT 4. :confused: Really.

Last edited:
... I hate how companies start releasing DLC so soon- like it was planned before the game was released. There was a company that made a console game that had the DLC already on the disc... ready to be sold later. SCUMMY

Of course, the DLC's were planned and worked on before release. And there is nothing wrong with it. Why should a company sell you everything they have available at the time of release for a fixed price?

Everything has its price and it's up to the seller to say what you can get for offered price and up to you to decide if you accept it.

What is not so great is when a company releases a re-hashed content as a full-priced DLC. And also what I'm not happy about is when they are trying to grab more money from me eventhough the released product is still full of bugs.

Looks nice, but I'm still not sold on Dirt 2.0. The first games felts much more visceral and fun for me. Though I'll really get this game down the line on a heavy discount sale.

Had WRC7 in my wishlist so at £6.99 thought why not and it's okay. Taken me 3 hrs to get FFB the way I like it and graphics on very high. Plays and looks okay. Pity no triple screen support not can adjust the seat/fov but at that price can't complain.
Try bumper cam, normally I'm a cockpit cam purist but for a full view of the track it's a lot better.

You mean we have to pay for tracks we already baught? Makes you appreciate the developers who give you such content for free with the next title. I already paid for Monte Carlo and i have already driven it. Now i get the chance to pay for it again and drive it again. Great stuff. :rolleyes:

You mean we have to pay for cars and tracks we already bought? Makes you appreciate the developers who give you such content for free with the next title. I already paid for the Audi R8 LMS and Nürburgring GP track in AC (and Raceroom and rF2...) and I have already driven them. Now I get the chance to pay for them and drive them again in ACC. Great stuff. :rolleyes:

You mean we have to pay for cars and tracks we already bought? Makes you appreciate the developers who give you such content for free with the next title. I already paid for the Audi R8 LMS and Nürburgring GP track in AC (and Raceroom and rF2...) and I have already driven them. Now I get the chance to pay for them and drive them again in ACC. Great stuff. :rolleyes:

Good point! How else could this work?

All the other track games have to pay for the exact same tracks and cars with every release.
It's a given that everyone is paying for the same content over and over and over again.

If that was all that was involved there would be no reason to ever buy new software, right ?

What we pay for are incremental improvements.
  • Realism or what we perceive as realism
  • New ways to make the game fun
    • Better online competition
    • New ways to interact with each other
  • Better navigation and UI
  • In some cases better AI
So what is Dirt Rally 2.0 doing to improve their game?

Is the user interface better? What I've seen looks better than Dirt Rally 1.0.
Does the game look and sound better in game? I looks like they've made improvements there.
What about realism? They now have course degradation, and tire selection.

Let's say that they did add online racing with ghost images of the field. That would be a new way to add fun to the game. I'm just throwing that out there because it has nothing to do with the game being perfect. It has to do with finding a new way to add fun.

I'm still enjoying Dirt Rally right now. If Dirt Rally 2.0 is better than Dirt Rally 1.0 than we all win.

If Dirt Rally 2.0 is a success than there will be a Dirt Rally 3.0 to bitch about later because it isn't perfect, but it will probably be better than Dirt Rally 2.0 and we will still all win.

Just some comparison what we will get. Can't wait for it!​
skoda.jpg

Good point! How else could this work?

All the other track games have to pay for the exact same tracks and cars with every release.
It's a given that everyone is paying for the same content over and over and over again.

If that was all that was involved there would be no reason to ever buy new software, right ?
Exactly my point, yes. I absolutely understand why people are not exactly thrilled with DLCs and all that, I'm not thrilled about it myself. But a large portion of simracing is based on paying for the "same" content over and over across different games, both from the same developers or from different ones. There are certain differences, of course, but in its core, we've basically bought the same content many times over now - to a large degree, we are still getting the same cars and the same tracks, just "updated" to latest technologies available, with hope it will all look and feel a bit better than before.

It's the same with the DR2 content - they are apparently the same stages and cars (well, most of them) we already had in several games before, but updated to latest technologies with hope that it will all look and feel a bit better. So not really any different than what regularly happens with other (sim)racing games (and not just simracing, really).

And as for the complaints about having to pay for the "old" content we "should have for free" - I suspect that's not the right way to look at it. It's quite likely the base game was always meant to only have 6 countries (not counting RX) for financial and time reasons. If you look at the unusual release timing of the DLC "season" content (spread over several months with part of it coming out every two weeks), it would suggest they are still working on it, that's why it's not released all at once. And if that's the case, then...would you rather have the "old" content part of the base game and the new one coming later as paid DLC, or would you rather have what we have now, a base game with all the new content and upcoming optional DLC with the "old" content? From a certain point of view, you might think they're trying to milk their customers by offering them "old" content as paid DLC. But from a different point of view, they released a new game full of brand new content (yes, some of the countries we have visited before, but the stages are new), leaving the "old content" as an option for people who really want it. If you don't want to pay for the "old" content and you feel like you already own it in Dirt Rally 1 and the updates are not worth it...well, you don't have to get it, you can still enjoy it in DR1.

Last edited:
Give a try to Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, it has a bad sound and not so good graphics but the FFB works very nice without to adjust anything, and on asphalt is very decent! (at least better than Dirt), and I think you should be able to find it cheap somewhere.
I'll just give a try to Dirt 2.0 as soon as they fix FFB issues and can buy it for 15€ all DLCs included... So in christmas I'll be able to try it! ;)
It always seemed great but did they fix the issue with the racing wheels? My wheel (TS PC Racer) has never worked with the demo. Maybe the demo hasn't been updated.

Different games. Cmon now. I bought DR1 with Monte Carlo and now i get to buy the same track again after buying DR2 at full price. The same track. I am happy to buy DLC's to support developers and i always do, but releasing the second game and the same track as DLC lifted from the first game just feels dirty.

Different games. Cmon now. I bought DR1 with Monte Carlo and now i get to buy the same track again after buying DR2 at full price. The same track. I am happy to buy DLC's to support developers and i always do, but releasing the second game and the same track as DLC lifted from the first game just feels dirty.
If it is the same track as in DR1, why don't you just play it in DR1 and don't buy the DLC. Problem solved.
And for those who don't mind to pay for it in DR 2.0, they can buy it. Isn't it great to just have to choice to buy it or not to buy it ?

Cmon now. I bought DR1 with Monte Carlo and now i get to buy the same track again after buying DR2 at full price. The same track.
It might be the same stage (just like the tracks are basically the same in all track racing games), but it's not the same content, it's updated for the new game (and we still don't know to what extent, for all we know, it might be a very different stage in the end). How is it in any way different to paying for the same cars and tracks in AC and ACC, or in PCars 1 and 2? Either the "different games" and/or "same car/track" applies to all games, or to neither.

Those on the fence holding out for a sale....now's your chance, just a week after release lol
CD keys has dropped the price even more you can grab the base game for $19 euros, wonder if the poor user reviews on steam of 64% and dropping had anything to do with it?

Really curious steam is charging $20 more for the base/deluxe version than what it costs on the Xbox?

Regarding dlc you can get the pre order bonus dlc on CD keys for less than a $1 for the Porsche and something else.

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dirt-rally-2-0-pc-steam-cd-key

Edit: 20% off on Green man gaming site for both base and deluxe versions.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing