DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Season 1 DLC Coming March 12th - New Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have confirmed the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally will be coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 this March 12th - with Monte Carlo to follow shortly after.

Unlike 2015's DiRT Rally video game, DR2.0 comes complete with a robust post launch DLC delivery plan, the first fruits of which will be made available to players as soon as this March 12th. Containing the ŠKODA Fabia Rally and Citroën C4 Rally, the 'season one, stage one' content will be available for all players who own the Deluxe Edition, while Day One and Standard Edition owners will have the opportunity to purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual pieces of content separately via their digital store of choice.

"We are delighted to bring back two iconic rally cars which will excite our core community and give new fans a taste of rally history,” commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer. “The Citroën C4 Rally was extremely dominant in the late 2000s and features Petter Solberg’s livery, who enjoys a great working relationship with the studio. The ŠKODA Fabia Rally was driven by the great Colin McRae, and we are very proud that players will be able to experience another of his iconic vehicles. Players can expect incredible traction and stability from the both these vehicles, and they make a fantastic addition to the legendary car roster in DiRT Rally 2.0.”
Hot on the heels of these two new cars will be the returning Monte Carlo Rally, redesigned and uplifted for DR2.0, which should be made available to purchase as part of this first DLC pack a little later in the month on March 26th.

DiRT Rally 2.0 DLC Schedule
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Open Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all Season One content, release dates above, plus Season Two which features a similar level of content as part of their Season Pass. All other players can purchase the Deluxe Content Pack or individual piece of content separately.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC now.

Check out the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community engagement and of course some pretty sweet mods and League and Club racing too.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Not strictly speaking true, as the FFB in DR was reworked during the early access phase, almost half a year before release.
Yes, after writing my post i realized this.

The first part of this comment by CM gives me hope they will fix the ffb. At this moment we don't have any certainty they will fix it, but we also don't have any certainty they will not fix it. And even if they don't fix it, DR 2.0 physics and ffb is good enough for me to enjoy this game.
"We're also looking into FFB as a priority, as we're aware a lot of you have raised concerns about how this feels. However, we just want to make clear that there is no easy fix for this; anything we change will affect all vehicles, surfaces and peripherals, so we have to be very thorough to ensure any changes we make will be positive across the board."

• Deleted member 197115

So you play racing simulators with a gamepad, tell me more about your opinion about physics.
People can't read sarcasm these days. Most positve reviews on Steam are from pad users, as it seems feedback (rumble) works really with it.
Wheel users is not top priority same as micro base of VR whiners.

Looks really nice I have to say, especially for how old the game is. Except for the grip levels (and yes, I know RBR community generally seems to think it's the other games that have too much grip).

Still tempted to try the stage, though, it looks really good.

To be fair grip levels were adjusted for the video:

"In this run I also used a custom gravel setup which allowed me to be little more brave with my driving (maybe too much in some places :))"

In general NGP-mods are more grippy than the vanilla.

So, Monte Carlo is available, and it costs 3.5 €.

I'm still not overly thrilled with the fact the DLC was announced even before the release and I also think the base game could've had more content, but I am perfectly happy with the DLC pricing.

I hope the DLC keeps coming.
The big question is whether I'm helping to reinforce continued DLC by getting the Deluxe version or paying for the DLC as it is released. It almost feels like I'm not able to reinforce the idea of continuing to add DLC if they don't see the additional sales for the DLC when it is added.

I understand the plan that they outlined. However they also made a comment that depending on the popularity of the DLC that they my continue adding DLC for another season. So it sounds like an option for another season of DLC while they hopefully work on Dirt Rally 3 and not Dirt 5.

A person making a bet right now might assume that the optional extra DLC has a smaller chance of happening, but who knows.

• Deleted member 197115

I'd say the chance of that happening is even smaller than FFB fix.
But I am all braced for a big surprise. :whistling:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies