Dashboard BMW M6 GT3

Hello,
I present to you my project outstanding achievement, the dashboard of the BMW M6 GT3.
3D printing for the case, Arduino for electronics, Nextion HMI 4.3 "and 16 leds.

The Project :
31645033893_31b0190267_c.jpg

3d Model in Fusion 360 :
Design-Render.jpg

After many test of 3d print :
20181003_081953.jpg

Electronics :
20181003_204806.jpg

First test on my Accuforce V2 :
20181003_205543.jpg

Nextion Template in Assetto Corsa :

To follow the installation and wiring of the 16 LEDs...

Dash suddenly stopped working. It just cannot connect to my PC, i tried the latest simhub version, i tried older versions, i tried various USB ports, it just doesn't work. Another Nextion screen i have works perfectly fine though.
One strange thing i noticed is that in simhub-> Nextion screen tab, i can see that the dash FPS is actually not 0, that means it thinks it works, but on the dash i can only see the Porsche logo like when Sim is offline. Anyone else with the same issue?

Upvote 0
Hello. Im a complete noob at this sort of stuff. Do you mind sending me a full wiring diagram with the LED’s and the screen please?

I’m struggling to see how to connect all of them up.
Thanks,
Cameron

Upvote 0
I still had a unused Nextion 4,3 laying around, so i started this project this week. Somehow i could not get the support material with carbon filament working correctly. So after a couple of failed prints, i gave up.

Yesterday i drove a couple of laps with HPD ARX-01c and that gave me new inspiration. So in stead M6 dashboard i ended up with this prototype.

Any STL file?

Upvote 0
hi Pset,
I am looking into your nextion project, got a question

what did the separator do? I found that you use a diffrent material and color to make the separater, does it mean any thing?

could you please also post the pic of how to install the rivet inserts and m3 screws

thx

Upvote 0
Amazing work! before ordering the screen (nextion), I have one question. I can not make up how the screen is hold in place. I can see the four holes in the front part, but where does it bold into?

Thanks!
There is a notch that the lower part of the screen slides into, and a tab for the upper part.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210609_110325 (1).jpg
    20210609_110325 (1).jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0
hi Pset,
I am looking into your nextion project, got a question

what did the separator do? I found that you use a diffrent material and color to make the separater, does it mean any thing?

could you please also post the pic of how to install the rivet inserts and m3 screws

thx
The separator in another color and purely aesthetic. For the metalic insert look this video.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back