Resource icon

Cars Corvette C6 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
It is absolutely possible, but requires you to modify one of the available driver rigs. You can specify them just like the steering animation.
I never had much look animating the drivers like that tried exporting it maybe ten times in the last 2-3 years never seemed to work correctly :D

I never had much look animating the drivers like that tried exporting it maybe ten times in the last 2-3 years never seemed to work correctly :D
Its not that bad actually. There's this Driver Animation Rig (v1.7), which has the steering and shift animations done nicely, and there you can adjust it to your steering wheel and shifter positions.

Awesome work Some1.

If a Swede would put together a all-US inspired commercial for this car,
it would look something like this. :)

Holy cannoli! You made this? Very impressive!
Do you think you could make a nice video of the TNFS mod, once the final car (993) is completed and released?

Its not that bad actually. There's this Driver Animation Rig (v1.7), which has the steering and shift animations done nicely, and there you can adjust it to your steering wheel and shifter positions.

Holy cannoli! You made this? Very impressive!
Do you think you could make a nice video of the TNFS mod, once the final car (993) is completed and released?
Yeah I use those rigs, I mean the celebrations of the drivers like holding his hand in the air ect,
shows in the pipeline the animation ksanim files and settings,
but never had it working ingame profiling the buttons so odd :)

Awesome Work!!!

If you or anybody else have the skills (and the permission) to use the sounds which Niels Heusinkveld created... this would be the perfection of this mod!
Thank you for your hard work! :)

Niels Heusinkveld - Corvette C6 ZR1:

The Real One:

Awesome Work!!!

If you or anybody else have the skills (and the permission) to use the sounds which Niels Heusinkveld created... this would be the perfection of this mod!
Thank you for your hard work! :)

Niels Heusinkveld - Corvette C6 ZR1:

The Real One:
Well, we made the mod for rFactor together, but if I remember correctly Niels only made the physics...

Works just fine, check my Audi for full arm movement with a big sequential stick and my Lotus for just fingers (for paddles). Both done from scratch with Stereo's rig modified.

Cheering wasn't ever implemented or even taken out again, maybe to make room in the controls for KERS and all the other later additions.

@Some1 Thanks for revising the shifting animation, it looks spot-on now apart from having no preload. I found around 6200 RPM felt about right so the driver is reaching for the stick in anticipation of a shift as the revs climb.

PRELOAD_RPM=6200

A couple of observations from a VR user:
The wing mirrors are relatively low-poly compared to the cockpit, and it's quite noticeable in VR. If the surrounds could be smoothed a little I think it would make all the difference.
The handbrake knob seems to be unshaded (looks pure white).
The passenger door grab handle has an odd silver/white bit on it, like part of the model is maybe missing? It's hard to tell but stands out.

Keep up the good work, both these cars are awesome - and I'm not a fan of American muscle. :)

@Some1 Thanks for revising the shifting animation, it looks spot-on now apart from having no preload. I found around 6200 RPM felt about right so the driver is reaching for the stick in anticipation of a shift as the revs climb.

PRELOAD_RPM=6200

A couple of observations from a VR user:
The wing mirrors are relatively low-poly compared to the cockpit, and it's quite noticeable in VR. If the surrounds could be smoothed a little I think it would make all the difference.
The handbrake knob seems to be unshaded (looks pure white).
The passenger door grab handle has an odd silver/white bit on it, like part of the model is maybe missing? It's hard to tell but stands out.

Keep up the good work, both these cars are awesome - and I'm not a fan of American muscle. :)
Thanks, I didn't know about the preload.

As for the unshaded parts, its a bit tricky, I'll see what I can do.
6133200477_d4b1f7fea6_b.jpg

Thanks, I didn't know about the preload.

As for the unshaded parts, its a bit tricky, I'll see what I can do.
6133200477_d4b1f7fea6_b.jpg
Thanks!
From an old post on GTP - as a VR user who likes to use a gated shifter it's often the first thing I tweak with new car mods:

In driver3d.ini

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=140 - Time it takes the driver's hand to reach from the wheel towards the shifter.
POSITIVE_TIME=400 - Time it takes to grab the shifter and change into gear
STATIC_TIME=120 - How long the driver keeps their hand on the shifter
NEGATIVE_TIME=400 - Time it takes the driver's hand to let go of the shifter and start heading back towards the wheel
PRELOAD_RPM=7400 - The driver will reach for the shifter after the engine has exceeded this specified engine RPM, or take their hand off the shifter if you fall below this specified RPM.

Tweaking these parameters can really help with the realistic look of manual shifts.

V0.2 doesn't work properly, can't view the graph page in AC car selection menu and also shows no physics data in Content Manager
I removed the graph, because it wasn't accurate. And since I'm not a physics guy, I did not create a new one.
Why is the graph that important anyway? :)

Ok I was able to generate the graph from the data with Content Manager, still it's looking kinda lifeless compared to other mods. I just like to view the car's spec sheet before racing. Don't get me wrong, the car itself is glorious!
FhsqvAu.jpg

wpIYeGb.jpg

Ok I was able to generate the graph from the data with Content Manager, still it's looking kinda lifeless compared to other mods. I just like to view the car's spec sheet before racing. Don't get me wrong, the car itself is glorious!
FhsqvAu.jpg

wpIYeGb.jpg
John O'Doe sure keeps a nice Vette collection :coffee:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies