Community Question | Your Favourite Type of (Sim) Circuit

A nice mix is always welcome but my absolute favorites are:

- Targa Florio
- Snaefell Mountain Course
- Pescara (I'm looking for a nice version in AC, RF2 or AMS)
- Clermont-Ferrand (Charade)
- Mellaha Lake
- Carthage
- Bremgarten
- Solitudering
- Spa-Francorchamps (60's)
- Nürburgring Gesamstrecke (the Sûdschleife is a must)
- Montjuic
- Grenslandring
- Bathurst

Nearly anything but ovals. Or Monza. Monza level of boring is only rivaled by ovals.

Due to nature of how FFB wheels and tactile feedback works, I prefer tracks with some bumps here and there. Not constant rumble, but some nuances and tricky spots, where taking certain side of the road has certain consequences for grip.

In general, I like tracks with variety of different type of corners. Not too many boring long straights (Monza), not too many slow chicanes or tight turns (Monza), some altitude changes because flat (Silverstone) is boring. Recently resurfaced, laser scanned tracks may be even too smooth.

A fast section is needed too, but preferably not completely straight. So it's not just "what is the top speed" but "how fast I dare to drive here".

Last edited:
I mean... was it ever doubt about who'll win it ? We all love Nord, don't we ? But...
I really really enjoy street circuit myself, temporary or permanent, never mind.
And that's isn't quite popular type of racing, I see now...
I've said it countless time here I guess, so what's one more, probably my fav is Portland - Vanport.:inlove:
Then Long beach (love the PC2 version of it), Singapore, etc... and a few more from this game on my avatar, Toronto and Vancouver.
You'll probably find me a perv but I used to love Valencia too. I mean, really... it's mostly about persistence. :geek:
Isn't it :sneaky:

Permanent street track (Long Beach for example)
Temporary street track (Monaco for example)
I don't quite understand this. Both Monaco and Long Beach are temporary tracks on layouts covering city streets with some permanent installations for the race track. There are no permanent street tracks, otherwise they would be permanent circuits, just within the confines of a city.

This is a tough question to narrow it down like that.
In sim racing we can have tracks in their 60/70/80s incarnations, which is great, but we also got classics that got modernized (Spa being the big example).

I do like street tracks more than most, but not Monaco.
Canada, Singapore(not on many sims but i like it), Long Beach, Detroit (also criminally underutilized) are fantastic.

1. Targa Florio
2. Fonteny
3. Deutschlandring
4. Nordschleife
5. Feldbergring
6. Bathurst
7. Cadwell Park
8. L.A. Canyons
9. Sementin
10. Peklo

For me, my favourite kind of track is long (>7-8km), a good mixture of fast / technical corners, a few long straights, lots of elevation change, blind crests, modern or historic... so, the Nordschleife then :laugh: (or Fonteny, Feldbergring, Deutschlandring, Bremgarten or Imola)

Basically what you make ? lol . But those are the tracks, and similar, are what I drive more than all the modern tracks added up

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back