What is your favourite type of sim racing circuit?

• Modern permanent track (Sepang for example)

Votes: 774 47.9%
  • Permanent street track (Long Beach for example)

Votes: 153 9.5%
  • Temporary street track (Monaco for example)

Votes: 168 10.4%
  • Historic track (Nordschleife for example)

Votes: 866 53.6%
  • Massive historic track (Targa Florio for example)

Votes: 129 8.0%
  • Short Oval

Votes: 23 1.4%
  • Super Speedway

Votes: 42 2.6%
  • Dirt Oval

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Fantasy road course (AC Highlands for example)

Votes: 92 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 42 2.6%

• Total voters

Community Question | Your Favourite Type of (Sim) Circuit

Circuits come in all shapes and sizes, from slow and twisty to fast and long - with some incredibly varied styles in between - but which type is your favourite?

Just like cars, tracks are very much a personal preference depending on the type of layout that suits your individual driving style. Drivers like Mark Webber always seemed to excel at the 'old school' layouts in Formula One, while conversely Felipe Massa never quite gelled with the twisty characteristics of Monaco (ironic seeing as he's in Formula E now..) - but which type of tracks suits you best? More importantly, what style do you enjoy the most?

Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the poll and comments section below - and if I've missed a style, don't forget to let us know!

Tracks Header.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Jugulador

250RPM
Jun 6, 2015
Anything with turns to both sides... like Mute City, Ghost Valey 1, Modesto Heights, Deep Forest, Interlagos, Suzuka, Monza, Bathurst, Monaco and even Nordschleife

Reactions: David Mann

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
Premium
Nov 16, 2014
Personally, I enjoy any track with elevation-changes. Watkins Glen, Mid-Ohio, Laguna Seca, Sachsenring, Imola etc.
I don't mind flat tracks as such, I just think the odd hill here and there makes it more fun.

Street-tracks I hate with a deep-seated passion.

Jeremy Chaim

75RPM
Mar 26, 2016
haha, I was also looking for the Bathurst answer. My most enjoyed tracks are ones that have nice elevation changes and sweeping corners...similar to @Lars Hansen I like WGI, Mid-Ohio, Road America, Spa, Kyalami, etc... For me Nordschleife is the all-time fave.

SOLO59

500RPM
Premium
Dec 15, 2011
Love my hometown street circuit Honda Indy!
Love tight street courses in general like Detroit, Long Beach, Monaco etc...

Reactions: sc4dr

Amanda

250RPM
Apr 19, 2017
Anything that would make me fear for my life irl. Tracks with lots of elevation changes, little room for error (no runoff areas), massive twists.

My favorites are:

Bathurst
Barber Motorsport Park
Nordschleife

Althou the Nords got pretty boring for me after 5,000 laps or so.

norbs

That cams guy.
Premium
Mar 22, 2014
The people that say fantasy tracks are rubbish, have never raced at Gentrack in AC.

Reactions: Fat-Alfie

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
Really hard to vote as I like at least 6 categories there, plus it really depends on if we're talking about just hotlapping or racing. So many amazing tracks but I have a thing for the ones that feel like a rollercoaster (elevation changes + twisty)....my all time top 15 (this was really hard to choose, 10 wasn't enough):

• Combined Nurburgring
  • Bathurst
  • Suzuka
  • Monaco
  • Deutschlandring
  • Bilsterberg
  • Imola
  • Road America
  • Circuit de la Sarthe
  • Riverside
  • Sonoma
  • Biernieki
  • Interlagos
  • Mugello
  • Portimao

AngryWolfCorey

50RPM
Premium
Jul 14, 2018
Favorites are probably Monza & Le Mans b/c I grew up idolizing those tracks. Also throw in Watkins Glen, Monaco, Road Atlanta, Silverstone (both old & new) & Imola (both old & new).

Reactions: ltcars

Vilmos Vas

50RPM
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know which option should i choose, but I do know that most of my favourite tracks are located in the USA. I' d call them old school tracks since they are in active use but they are definitela not modern circuits compared to the ones in the F1 calendar. Road Atlanta, Road America, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, VIR... I could go on. They have really nice flow and also each has its own character.
I love oval racing as well, paved or dirt no matter.
Maybe this is why I'm constantly switching sims as each of them has their strong point in one type of tracks.