Community Question | Your Favourite Type of (Sim) Circuit

I am shocked. 50% like modern permanent tracks, like Sepang and so on? Tilke clones as wide as a runway, so you run out of fuel before you hit the track limits when missing the apex? Wow. Did'nt expect this.
So 50% here are under the age of 30 and never seen proper motorsport in dangerous cars on dangerous tracks...

depending on the car if it's porsche cup car it's nordschleife but for skippy oran park is better

Last edited:
Nordschleife always first, a great way to really get to know any car.
After that yes other real-life circuits I've driven, especially in cars I've owned, are always fun.

Fantasy road courses are my second choice because we had hours and hours of fun on Fujimi Kaido in FM3 & 4 (I had no idea until now it had been recreated in AC too!). This said road courses but Maple Valley Raceway is another example of a great fantasy track too.
Also, the evo triangle road course mod in AC deserves a mention because that is one of the real great driving routes brought to a game!

All-time all-sim favourites:

* Nordschleife
* Imola
* VIR
* Road Atlanta
* Monaco
* Oulton Park
* Macau
* Zandvoort
* Jerez
*(my fantasy mod tracks, because I have to test them :p)

There are great tracks of all sorts but I like a dedicated race track in a modern setting the most. If it has a sense of history and tradition and it has preserved characteristics thereof, that's a huge bonus. I even like the current Silverstone GP layout a lot (but still wish the 90s version were more readily available, because as a sim racer I want everything).

It would also be fun if game developers would put more effort into fantasy tracks or fantasy street circuit layouts. A lot of games tend to have many of the same real life tracks and they feel about the same but a selection of fantasy tracks would help set your game apart a bit and let you express your understanding of racing. I don't play the Gran Turismo games nowadays but I liked many of the original tracks in the first few games.

Real life tracks and, if possible, not in their modern layouts. I'd like to race the old Hockenheimring f.e. much better than the new one. Same goes for other tracks. Also tracks that do no longer exist. One of the great advantages of sim-racing is to bring back the past I grew up with.

Althou the Nords got pretty boring for me after 5,000 laps or so.

You are experiencing what psycologist call "The 5000 laps crisis of Nordschleife". Nothing to worry about.

Just try another 5000 and you will discover many new nuances that will make you enjoy again in a way you never imagined.

Nordschleife, Bathurts, Road America, Watkins Glen, Canadian Tire... I'm not sure if I love them or I hate them.

That’s a really hard question.

Personally, I like quite a flowing circuit where you can really take liberties with the kerbs, or keep up really nice momentum, so maybe I’d say places like Misano, Goodwood, Assen or Jarama off the top of my head. But I also like the challenge of somewhere more technical like Bathurst or Macau. I think
I prefer the older more established circuits to the modern layouts, but then I have a soft spot for the Abu Dhabi circuit for some reason, even though the racing there is generally pants. Also slightly controversial, I’m not a fan of driving Brands Hatch.

For me, as with everything in motor racing, it generally depends on whether I’ve seen a race at a particular circuit that captures my imagination in some way.

For me, it is mainly old circuits. Of course, Nordschleife (was it already mentioned ;) ) but also circuits like Rouen (NO chicane). In GTL, the Schottenring is on of my favourites. However, there are also some nice new cicuits. I just new Kyalami in AMS2 and I like it. And not to forget some of the not that famous circuits from AMS like Ibarra or VIR.
So 50% here are under the age of 30 and never seen proper motorsport in dangerous cars on dangerous tracks...
I'm just below 30 and but I know proper circuits (IOM TT, NW200, Ulster GP, Armoy...).

I am shocked. 50% like modern permanent tracks, like Sepang and so on? Tilke clones as wide as a runway, so you run out of fuel before you hit the track limits when missing the apex? Wow. Did'nt expect this.
For the faster cars that means doing endless laps in a train, as no-one can pass. Waiting till the pitstop makes the difference.

You forgot a category--smaller local tracks, club, and "private" tracks. These are a joy to drive with smaller track cars, good for track days and hot laps, and for lower car class and amateur series races. Tracks such as Croft, Pembrey, Cuircuit du Laquais, Mas du Clos, Ascari Race Resort, and Bikernieki. Here in the US, we have a few Motor Sport Ranch tracks, there's New York Safety Track, Monticello Motor Club, Willow Springs, Spring Mountain, and Wilzig Racing Manor (built on a private residence).

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies