Community Question | Your Best Sim Racing Purchase

Lots of support and passion here for RFactor1--even to the exclusion of mentioning hardware.

For those of you whose sim world was rocked by RFactor 1, how many view Rfactor.2 as a worthy successor? Or, does another sim racing title carry on what made RF1 so special?

I’d say there’s 3, in order of purchase:

1, My first wheel, a second hand G25 I got from a friend for $50AUD

2, Oculus Rift, this gave presence and sucked me in

3, Sim-Lab P1 cockpit, it’s the foundation of everything

20191223_141401069_iOS_hd.jpg

Definitely my Porsche 911 GT3 R Wheel - Love at first sight :inlove:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I don't know what I'm more impressed by, that screen or the curtains! :p
LOL, screen doesn't get much use though.
Bolted it to the rig just in case but all racing happens in VR, flat screen experience after that, even on the 42" 4K like this one, is quite mediocre.

It’s gotta be VR for me. I found a used Odyssey + for $200 and racing will never be the same. I initially thought I’d only use it part time, but now I can’t imagine running without it.

Beyond that Gran Turismo 5 for getting me started, and my Thrustmaster TX. It’s not the best wheel on the market. But there always seems to be a new (relatively) inexpensive upgrade I can get for it, when I get gear acquisition syndrome

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Lots of well deserved love for VR in this thread. :thumbsup:

The two buttkickers I added to my rig. One under the seat and one under the pedal plate, combined with Simhub makes for an awesome immersive experience. When I try to race with them off the whole rig feels dead.

The best bit of simracing kit I've purchased, and believe that every sim enthusiast should have in their lives is...

1588490540960.png

No more struggling with a lost mouse, dropped mouse, unable to track on your legs mouse. Perfect for cockpit use. Sure it's fugly as hell, but then so are French Bulldogs and it seems every other dog owner has one round my neck of the woods.

EDIT: It's a Logitech K400 Plus in case anybody wants to know.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%