Community Question | Your Best Sim Racing Purchase

Damned.
All these people telling how great VR is.
The worst is that I can feel that Im slowly being pushed in the direction of at least trying one of these goggles.
Pure brainwash :sneaky:

1.png

Damned.
The worst is that I can feel that Im slowly being pushed in the direction of at least trying one of these goggles.

View attachment 368802

Thats OK,
When the Rift S is back/or in stock you can try it out ( if your in the US -BestBuy 14 days return policy :cool: )and take it back if does work out for you. Unfortunately, the RiftS did not work out, well enough for me (1. Screen door effect/ small sweet spot, 2.Connection Issues with cold/reboots 3. Not being able to see button controls 4. Heat 5. Sort of got over the motion-sickness with games settings and time).

I was sort of really hoping that it would, since a couple years earlier my son let me borrow his Occulus Rift and it was a let down for me (Don't know what I was thinking this time... but you won't know for sure until you try ). Only lost about 60 hrs or so of really enjoyable sim time :(.

Your sign-off statement is pretty accurate, at least for me :whistling:

Two GETIHU magnetic cell phone holders ($12 CAN each). The first one, I mounted at the end of the wheel so I could see thru the gap between the wheel bezel and bottom of the wheel arch (IMSA GTP style). The second I fully dis-assembled, then just placed the rubber pad back on the 6 round magnets in a rounded/rectangle shape & used Gorilla Clear double sided tape (3mm thick/soft & squishy). I mounted it directly on my Logi G27 bezel (F1 style).
2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

Damned.

View attachment 368802

You gotta find a way to try it out, really. If you read internet forum chatter (both here and other sources), it's really easy to form the impression that some people are all aboard, some people are meh (low resolution, motion sickness, uncomfortable, etc). Broadly speaking, I think that's all true...but my honest opinion is the overwhelming majority of people who try sim racing in VR never look back (or, at the minimum, if a given sim gives the option of VR, they take it). I think, like a lot of things, a lot of the chatter you see on forums is really people at the extreme - those that have such religious fervor for VR that they think non-VR users might as well sell their wheel and those who had such negative VR outcomes that they feel compelled to warn people. I think there is a massive, relatively quiet middle ground who are happily lapping away in VR.

Simexperience GS-5... Real G-forces... Can't do without it anymore. Very dynamic. You can feel sustained g-forces in corners, while braking and accelerating. Feel road surface, curbs (feeling each individual ripple) etc etc...

You need closed headphones though as it makes quite some noise.

My Thrustmaster T150. I cannot believe I raced so long with a gamepad. I will never go back.

I want to upgrade to a DD but I am unsure of what brand? Fanatec, Simcube, OSW, Ricmotech, Simsteering, Simtech ect....?

For me it's my bass shaker set up I now have 8 left and right at pedal wheel base side of set and back of seat, I can no longer drive without the zonal feel of the lumps bumps and slides, the few times I started a race and forgot to turn them on was really weird, so I have them powered by Alexa, I called them shake it (ala Simhub) not to bad, but when I want them off they make my friends laugh when I ask shake it off.

Damned.

View attachment 368802

We are not trying to push you into getting VR. If you like what you are currently using, stick with it if single screen or triple screen. VR to me is a completely different viewing experience to be able to look around in 360 degrees and actually put myself into the cockpit of the SIm car I am driving. Good luck in your decisions.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.