Community Question | Your Best Sim Racing Purchase

It's the VR headset, currently Rift S. To be honest, I don't think I would have gone for simracing the way I've done without VR.

If I think of the actual simracing gear, well, I've upgraded things quite quickly. Of the current gear I have, the one thing I can find zero reason to complain or think of replacing are the Heusinkveld Sprint pedals.

The G25.

Still working after more than 12 years (probably more close to 15) of use. I don't know how many hours (or should I say kilometers) this has on it. A couple of micro switches have seized funktion but overall it still works like a charm. After the already good Logitech Momo this was the best value for money I ever got.

• Deleted member 217114

My GT1-Evo aka a aluminum extrusion rig aka 80/20 aka 80/40 rig.

Why? Well, back in days I had a GT Omega Supreme. While it's awesome for a G27 and T300 (Which I also owned) It was horrible with a CSW 2.5, v3 pedals and HE shifter & handbrake. It flexed and such, and when I went from the start line the whole rig rattled like crazy. There were lots of cracks, squeaks and noisy sounds. When I stand up the rig would move. I was fed up by this and also because of Dirt 4, which is not the promised successor of Dirt Rally 1. Perhaps a bit in conflict with my life too etc. I sold all my stuff.​
Nearly 2 years later I bought the GT1-Evo. You need to get a good base before you buy the sim-stuff anyway. And 10 months later I still love this rig so much. It's so sturdy. It modular. It can hold a lot of other peripherals. If it was me I would buy a aluminum extrusion rig any day. No bad against other companies, but it's relative cheap, does it job greatly, it's modular, silent and above all it doesn't make me angry or sad.​

Last edited by a moderator:
CSR elite pedals: from g25 pedals to these made me such a better and more consistent sim racer. Now getting used to Clubsport v3...

Home made wood sim rig: close second.

Software: AC. After years of frustration trying to like driving iRacing, AC made me realize that driving fake cars can also be fun, not simply excruciatingly frustrating.

3 upgrade are really important in my Simracing experience :
- The DD (Accuforce v2) to replace the Fanatec CSW
- Quaife H gearbox to replace fanatec H shifter
- Hydraulic handbrake

But the most important change was my JCL set with fixed seat !

TH8A last month, G27 H shifter finally gave up. Feel like Rat Fink with this big new gizmo. RF2.jpg

Tough question as it’s hard to decide...
For immersion then it’s easy, RiftCV1 (upgrading to S as soon as they are back in stock). There’s nothing like racing side by side with life sized cars. I also flight sim with DCS, IL2 & X-Plane11 and just couldn’t go back to flat screen but I do think I’m a little bit slower in VR, it’s worth it as I’m no alien anyway...
Hardware I’m gonna say the OmegaGT ART Rs6 cockpit, I do wish I went with a more comfortable seat though! Maybe the Rs9.

Like a few others here, getting into VR headsets with first the Oculus Rift CV1, then going to the Oculus Rift S. Racing games are so much better/different in VR than normal display Screen.

It is not gear, but also looking forward to see how far they go with the new AMS 2 Racing Software to be used with my VR headset. So far it has been great.

Back in 2008 I purchased a Logitech dfgt(my first wheel). The second I plugged in that wheel I had the bug, and my sim racing world changed forever. Felt a similar experience about ten years later when I bought an Oculus Rift. Same thought went through my mind in both cases - " I can't believe it's possible to have this kind of experience in my rec room!".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back