Community Question | Your Best Sim Racing Purchase

I would say it`s my new wheel bought 2 years ago, BUT this vote must go to the good old Logitech g25. Back in 2008 it was a big deal and my definitive entry in more serious simracing. 10 years of using and still running (retired). I will never give it away, never sell, it has a big sentimental value for me :thumbsup:

On the software side, hmmm Geoff Crammondds GP4 was my first "wheel-game" on PC. This game awakens my love to racing.

Hmmm................. a few
20180825_081413.jpg
20190501_133542.jpg
20190925_132012.jpg
20190910_150930.jpg

In 2018, going to a Logitch G29 wheel to a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer with T3PA-PRO pedals set... definitely ! ;)
More precision, more silence, more constant forces, more informations in my hands, really the best evolution I done in every way.

Last edited:
A second-hand Logitech Driving Force GT held together by dust and sellotape. That thing has squeezed into the cockpits of tin-tops, open-wheelers and prototypes on tracks all over the world. Its weak motor and lumpy cogs have given me a ridiculous amount of pleasure. Pound for pound, it is still the best low-budget FFB wheel ever made.

A Virtual Reality headset. I'd always considered VR to be a bit of a fad like 3D was. Then I was living with a housemate who had a Rift and persuaded me to give it a go. Mind blown. The same day I spent a rather ridiculous amount of money on a Rift and the PC upgrades I needed to run it. It changed sim racing for me, and I could never go back to flat screens now.
I would really like to see what ACC, iRacing, and rFactor2 would look like........

Upgrade from Oculus Rift CV1 to 32:9 144hz widescreen.
Don't know what exactly happened but it gave me instant gains on pace.
Maybe it's the faster response time of the screen or the fact that i'm more conscious of my whole body when not in the virtual headset.
I will not say that it is ultimately better, because my experience says that you can learn some things better in the VR. On top of that it is a special experience.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 113 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 81 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 118 13.5%