Community Question | Who Here Uses A Dedicated 'Sim Rig'?

I don't have the space for a fixed seat so i bought a Playseat challenge and i am happy with that
I have a good old G27 on it and i drive without problems

I have a permanent setup and a dedicated sim PC that has only had racing games installed, well and Euro truck

burh.jpg

Last edited:
This is just a sneaky show us your rig thread.... :)

Yes, lucky to have a permanent one and it makes all the difference to comfort and all the accessories you can have.

Nostalgia looking at some of the posts here because for many of us two decade + racers, no matter what we have now have started on something a lot simpler and many of us have been there having a lot of fun with our DIY wooden rigs.

I was thinking about getting a wheel stand, and making due with that and my ancient AK racing gaming chair. But the more I think about how my current setup allows for variables in my seating position, really has me leaning towards buying a cockpit and some lockable casters. I'd be able to roll the cockpit into position when I feel like racing, and then when I want to play something else, I can roll it out of the way and have a semi-traditional PC desk setup (the PC is on an old drafting table).

I would share a pic of my current mess, but I don't have any with the wheel mounted. :p

Your rig has always been one of my favorites of the hundreds I've seen online, mostly for the effort made to isolate your real world FOV from the rest of the room...I'm trying to find a way that will do that without leaving me hot (no A/C in my room for now). Is it me or did the rig move to a different room?

Thanks BP. It has, it moved between continents a couple times actually! :D

I guess without A/C what I'd try to do is to get a good fan and divide its air flow to a few flexible ducts around the rig. I've been meaning to try that for a while but haven't really looked too deeply into this yet. Still shouldn't be very hard to pull that out I'd expect.

Last edited:
Shop welded aluminum frame, chevy seat, MDF adjustable side plates, fully adjustable for when the grandkids want to drive.

View attachment 421898View attachment 421899

Getting the little ones involved is always a good thing
Thanks BP. It has, it moved between continents a couple times actually! :D

I guess without A/C what I'd try to do is to get a good fan and divide its air flow to a few flexible ducts around the rig. I've been meaning to try that for a while but haven't really looked too deeply into this yet. Still shouldn't be very hard to pull that out I'd expect.

Ahh ok nice, probably one of the most mobile stationary rigs ever :roflmao:

Yea I've been checking out those wind simulators as they would probably throw more air than my current fans (plus I could pull cool air from the floor vs. all the warmer air above)...but I don't want the wind simulation feature and it's not clear whether they can work as just a fan with constant speed. Might have to build it custom with those hi-powered PC fans, been already sourcing a few parts.

This topic will turn in another show-off of who got the biggest baddest setup topic.

Oh, I'll take a pic of my... uhm... dinnertable-desk thing I share with someone, and I'll promise you. It will be the baddest setup. Why?
Because you need to be pretty bad(ass) to use a FFB steering wheel on a IKEA-table that moves around just by changing how you sit, and at the same time share it with someone who uses it for home-office and plays precision games... with a mouse. Also, it's a couple of meter wide(not accounting for the PC's on each end). So it's both big and bad!

I'll WIN something for once! :D

5 year old compact 8020 rig I designed and built myself (modeled after 2005 S2000 interior). DIY was much cheaper than buying (modeled in Autocad w/ help from 8020 catalog). Originally had desk mounted Logitech Momo Red (FFB) with 24" monitor, then upgraded to Logitech G27 w/Wheel Stand Pro, then finally Fanatec ecosystem w/ 34" 3440x1440, Track IR5. Works well for me :thumbsup: .

P1020113a.jpg
P1020116small.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play