Community Question | Who Here Uses A Dedicated 'Sim Rig'?

Permanent, utilising an old TV unit, some wood and a Mk1 Mx5 dashboard.
FB_IMG_1573255006424.jpg

For the price it's ok, but in H mode I keep missing/getting stuck between 4/5/6, when shifting more agressively. So to go between 5 and six need to be more careful.
Great wood working skills...made my 'Half Rig' out of solid wood as well, but do not have a seat permanently attached to save space as my Rig only takes up 1000 x 1700mm against the wall (about the size of a couch). For seating I just move my 'Buro' Executive Desk Chair over from my Office Desk and I am away racing :D
SIM RIG AOC MONITOR acc cockpit VIEW FLAT copy.jpg

Some people like to tweak their setups just like people who like working on their car(s)...nothing wrong with that.

I'm not trying to start crap, and don't disagree with you.
I race with lots of people who are really into ALL the bells and whistles and tech for more immersion. Techy, mechanically inclined people. That is NOT me. I lose my **** if I have to do something as simple as putting a screw into a wall :p

Great wood working skills...made my 'Half Rig' out of solid wood as well, but do not have a seat permanently attached to save space as my Rig only takes up 1000 x 1700mm against the wall (about the size of a couch). For seating I just move my 'Buro' Executive Desk Chair over from my Office Desk and I am away racing :D
View attachment 421783

That looks interesting :thumbsup:

Judging from the amount of shifters, there is an octopus in the family?

( just kidding, friend)

MFG Carsten

wow, surprised how many people have permanent setup , I wonder how many of those have kids? haha :D

for me I can't have wheel on my desk permanently, so I drive most of the time on gamepad, just casual driving around.
If I really want to spent lot of time, I setup my wheel, or even my Oculus Rift

permanent setup would be great though, but don't have space :(

View attachment 421783

I always wondered if there was someone out there who bought 2 H-shifters to properly replicate driving in a LH or RH car...I respect the dedication to authenticity :thumbsup: Excellent setup!

This mine reasonable priced permanent "racecar".

MyCockpit.jpg

I'm very proud of my unique seat solution, it's genious, Sparco seat and frames from my 2 previous Playseats. This Sparco seat is heaven :)

If someone is interested how to set Sparco seat to Playseat frame so here is some more pictures about how I did it. It was not so easy as it looks, I had to use my brain :)

Last edited:
My rig evolution:

Mark I (2016-2017):
2017-03-07 11.54.01.jpg

Mark II (2018-2019):
Mark II.jpg

Mark III (2020, VRS DirectForce Pro behind the monitor):
Myrig_Nov2020 small.jpg

Mark III is pretty much endgame for me, the only thing I'd want now is a better chair, surround sound and some transducers. Puts a smile on my face everyday when I walk in the room for the first time :D

Sim racing setups come in all different shapes and sizes - what's yours?

An individuals' sim racing circumstances are all very different to each other, from those who have the space for a dedicated setup, to those of us who need to keep things mobile in order to fit around our everyday lifestyles.

Fortunately, the massive array of different sim racing hardware (or lack thereof) solutions within the marketplace mean most sim racers can find a setup that works for them - from heavy duty to low maintenance - what's yours?

Do you have a permanent dedicated rig? Do you use a foldaway solution or play on the controller in front of the TV? Let us know and share your own little virtual racing space!

View attachment 413784
119992881_10220909834113366_8399802513849921994_n.jpg
119992881_10220909834113366_8399802513849921994_n.jpg
119953889_10220909816272920_2890885661036134998_n.jpg
119994274_10220909833513351_7555198155015521059_n.jpg

Last edited:
This topic will turn in another show-off of who got the biggest baddest setup topic.

in the words of the OP:
“Do you have a permanent dedicated rig? Do you use a foldaway solution or play on the controller in front of the TV? Let us know and share your own little virtual racing space!”

so ummm...that’s kinda what he asked for...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.