Community Question | Who Here Uses A Dedicated 'Sim Rig'?

Permanet setup in a permanent man cave...

Dsc_0239.jpg

Dsc_0235.jpg

Dsc_0237.jpg

Last edited:
I'd really like a dedicated setup, but unfortunately I don't have one currently, so it's mount to my desk and re-setup my wheel / pedal every time lol!
It hinders how much I play fully immersed in VR + Wheel for sim racing, so a dedicated setup is something I plan to do ASAP.

*Dig'n all the awesome pics of setups you guys!*

Last edited:
I always wondered if there was someone out there who bought 2 H-shifters to properly replicate driving in a LH or RH car...I respect the dedication to authenticity :thumbsup: Excellent setup!
Thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:...the right hand TH8A shifter is H-Pattern with the TM Sparco Mod set as a 'Handbrake' beside it as in my country the steering wheel IRL cars are on the right side, so love driving a car in Sim that is right hand drive so I can make use of that authenticity.....although right hand drive cars in any Sims are very rare:(:D:roflmao:

I answered movable because technically it is. I use an obutto ozone, it generally only moves against my wall if it isn't in use but I on move it out of the way. I don't have a dedicated room for it.

Some of these rigs are awe-inspiring!

Mine...not so much. A Playseat Challenge zip-tied to a monitor stand. Though, I am glad to see I'm not the only one who has crafted a rig around the Challenge. I've had good luck with it - sturdy and comfy.

I will say though that my conversion to VR has really put paid to any desire or need I feel for a fancy rig.

I designed, measured and built my own 8040 rig.
Due to covid, I had to think of a way to be able to get my rig in place for racing when I get the rare hour or so to do so.
But then I need to be able to have my desk area ready for working when I log in to work from home.

So...
I got some casters, so the whole rig is mobile. I attached a powerstrip to it in order to power the USB box which then has the fan, CSW v1 and pedals connected to it, which then connects to the PC. So move the office chair out, rig in front of the screens and then two leads need plugging in and I'm good to go in less than 5 mins

20201123_081855 (2).jpg
20201123_082045resize.jpg
20201123_082123resize.jpg

My modest setup is this for now ... the other steering wheels arrived later are missing but the photo is quite recent. I started with a simple table and a Logitech G27, crazy as time goes by. In the future I plan to buy a motion simulator with direct drive wheel as well. I've seen all the photos of the setups, it's really fantastic to see how passion overcomes economic difficulties. W Simracing!
20200727_222642.jpg
20200727_161551.jpg

Sadly enough i had to tick the "movable set up box ".:( There is just no space in our home for a permanent rig.

But i could never imagine that my movable setup would be a SFX-100 + GS-5 combo with a 4-way belt tensioner and it would take me only 3 minutes to set it up :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back