Christiaan's Pure FFB

Misc Christiaan's Pure FFB 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
The oscillation comes from the tyre force differential thing I used. Try to lower the tone dial as well.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

What did you put the engine noise value on though? Which can be disabled with FX at 0 (but also disabled gearbox shunts).

I was wondering if any DD1 or DD2 owners can post their full settings Fanalabs and in game.
I am getting a lot of oscillations heavy ones, even with tone turned down to 30.

Ive tried Props, Silver Jack's FFB files over the last few days and just going crazy between them. Pros and Silver feel too rubbery and constant. Perhaps im confusing myself mroe by comparing to rfactor2 and ACC when its completely different feel?

Yes, we can PM. Note that those "audio tracks" (FL_Fx, etc) came from exactly the signal through PC2s linkage/rack, so if they are weighted at 1 each, they are by definition the rack signal. The Fx layer for example is "the portion of the rack signal induced by Fx from the tire".

Oscillation mostly comes from latency. There are several forms of this. One is latency inherent in using FFB devices. Many games do special stuff at slow speeds already, because their tire models break down at zero (divide by zero or whatever), but seta (and other first principle-y ones) do not break down at a standstill...but at a standstill latency is laid bare. So they may still layer on something to deal with the oscillation. But the cause is inherent. The other cause is simulation, often with decoupled separate time integration of stiff systems, where the "signal" of an interaction takes timesteps to propagate across systems (like from tire to chassis to tire, or tire to driveline (brakes, diff, etc) to other tire). That is latency too.

Using load delta as a signal is a great example of another cause of latency. Smoothing, even real/accurate smoothing (like inertia in weight transfer, or a tire carcass), induces latency. Human in the loop latency is another (tank slappers are basically this -- the human lagging behind the correction necessary).

"not balancing out" is just another way of expressing that the counteracting forces in a stiff system are offset in time (latency), so they do not cancel each other out, but instead chase each other...oscillate.

The unnatural latencies do have ways to mitigate. None perfect, and sometimes with tradeoffs. We can PM.

Curbs are another thing. Three main ways to get more dynamic curb feel are enhanced curb FFB (many sims do this, and have dials for it), higher sim frequency (AMS2 does this), and/or spend more CPU on collisions per tire (ACC does this). PC2 can do the first option via FL_bump_kerb, etc.

Last edited:
alright i tried this and it felt better than the standard ffb in many ways but one thing is very off, i can't feel front tyre grip, like at all, like i can see the understeer happening and i can hear it but if i was a blind man holding the steering wheel i would think my car has infinite front grip because absolutely nothing changes in the ffb when understeer happens, it's impossible to feel the edge of the front end grip through the wheel, i can feel when the i loose the rear i can feel all the weight transfers, road noise and bumps feel a bit off but they work but yeah the front is just numb which was already a problem with the standard fbb but now it's worse, i've tried the recommended settings and tried minor tweaks but nothing really helped, i'm playing on a logitech dfgt because i'm a pleb, can you tell me what i'm doing wrong? this can't be how it's supposed to feel with all these positive reviews

alright i tried this and it felt better than the standard ffb in many ways but one thing is very off, i can't feel front tyre grip, like at all, like i can see the understeer happening and i can hear it but if i was a blind man holding the steering wheel i would think my car has infinite front grip because absolutely nothing changes in the ffb when understeer happens, it's impossible to feel the edge of the front end grip through the wheel, i can feel when the i loose the rear i can feel all the weight transfers, road noise and bumps feel a bit off but they work but yeah the front is just numb which was already a problem with the standard fbb but now it's worse, i've tried the recommended settings and tried minor tweaks but nothing really helped, i'm playing on a logitech dfgt because i'm a pleb, can you tell me what i'm doing wrong? this can't be how it's supposed to feel with all these positive reviews
Try silver project ffb... its here too

there are several custom FFB to try - Chirtiaans, Hugo, Silver Project, and my file PopsRacer. Since everyone have different wheels and tastes you should try them all. Project Cars 2 has a lot of great cars and tracks to offer. Not all is perfect, but there are some really great cars that are better then in any other game. Formula Renault 3.5, LMP’s, GTE, GT5, and the rest of the GTs. I love so many more. Some street cars and the rally cars are starting to appeal to me.... use whichever FFB works best for you. Learn about car setups too.I think it’s ViperConcept that has some really good setup teaching videos that work in all games.

PopsRacer

Last edited:
In the installation instructions it says to extract and use one of the three files according to the FFB system of my steering wheel (In my case, a Logitech G27), but the ZIP file contains only one Preset.

Does this v2.3 Preset work on all steering wheels? Or was it missing to include the other files when compressing the ZIP?

In the installation instructions it says to extract and use one of the three files according to the FFB system of my steering wheel (In my case, a Logitech G27), but the ZIP file contains only one Preset.

Does this v2.3 Preset work on all steering wheels? Or was it missing to include the other files when compressing the ZIP?
The latest version is on size fits all.

Hey Christiaan, very nice settings file! All effects very well balanced and clear. Only one thing I have to state: Like Harunizgi said, I also cannot feel when the car begin to understeer during cornering. Further I cannot engage this effect by in-Game sliders when using your file. Thats the only missing effect from my previous in-Game setting: Raw, [50...85 depends on car] / 80 / 0 / 15 (with original SMS file), G29 wheel.
The effect should be llke following: while faster and faster cornering, the "steering torque" rises up to a maximum point. When further accelerating, understeer kicks in (tires start to slide). At this point, the steering torque has to drop by a certain amount. You can this effect feel very clear in RaceRoom, they have a single slider only for that effect. For me its an important effect which brings in additional kind of information.

Last edited:
I tried to look for an answer to this but with no luck.

I have Fanatec DD1 with formula 1 wheel, I have no problem with the in game settings. however, I’m trying to find the suggested tuning settings for the wheel in Fanatec Menu.

Thank you for the 2.3 update, what was already a life savior for PC2 is now even better.
I see that your goal is a DD2, I have had the pleasure to drive with my new CSL DD for a few days now, you might want to consider it, as it is a really great wheel base and you will reach our goal faster.

I just installed Christiaans ffb file, but the thing is, i get very loose wheel. it isnt as "firm" centered as it was in the original?
When turning and letting the wheel slide back it slides back very slow? i have tu manually steer back instead of letting go and letting the weel centre itself after a turn?
what am i doing wrong plz help, logitech g920

Last edited:
Bonjour,

J'ai peur de ne pas avoir tout bien compris. Suivant les explications ci dessous, pour régler mon TMX PRO ( courroie + engrenages ) , faut il que je divise toutes les valeurs par 2 ?

Merci d'avance

Roues jusqu'à la courroie (ex Thrustmaster T300'à Fanatec CSW v2.5) :
Gain : 100
Volume : 40 *
Tonalité : 50
FX : 0-25 **

Roues écrites par engrenages (par exemple, roues Logitech, etc.) :

Volume : 50 *
FX : 0-5 **

REMARQUE :
Les fichiers FFB connectés par engrenage et roule à des incréments de volume doubles par rapport aux fichiers à entraînement direct. Par exemple 50 = 100 % de volume pour le moteur de jeu, 25 = 50 % et 100 = 200 %.

Bonjour,

J'ai peur de ne pas avoir tout bien compris. Suivant les explications ci dessous, pour régler mon TMX PRO ( courroie + engrenages ) , faut il que je divise toutes les valeurs par 2 ?

Merci d'avance

Roues jusqu'à la courroie (ex Thrustmaster T300'à Fanatec CSW v2.5) :
Volume : 40 *
FX : 0-25 **

Roues écrites par engrenages (par exemple, roues Logitech, etc.) :

Volume : 50 *
FX : 0-5 **

REMARQUE :
Les fichiers FFB connectés par engrenage et roule à des incréments de volume doubles par rapport aux fichiers à entraînement direct. Par exemple 50 = 100 % de volume pour le moteur de jeu, 25 = 50 % et 100 = 200 %.

I haven't got a TMX Pro to test and have an idea how it reacts. Personally when using version 1.6 I would go with the beld driven solution instead. It's more due to the slack in the gears in the Logitech wheels and their lower power that they needed the different settings.
However, these settings are depreciated for the latest version of the file which should work with all wheels using the recommended settings as a start. From there you dial it in to your own liking. The settings for any files from v2.2 and newer are written above the settings you quoted.

Cheers!

hi there anyone know if the brake bug also exist in ams2, cuz when i try to trail braking in ams2 most of the time the car spin, but never happen in acc or rfactor2, same car same track, same driver

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back