Christiaan's Pure FFB

Misc Christiaan's Pure FFB 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm using Chris mod, I have G27 and I found these settings works the best for me:
Gain........70
Volume...50
Tone........30
FX.............10

Steering sensitivity - 60
Throttle sensitivity - 50
Brake sensitivity - 40
Clutch sensitivity - 15

Great stuff but still getting some annoying ABS judder with the Ferrari 288...
it's much better than before though!

Have you tried turning down FX?

If you drive without FX than it just falls out from the dry tyre physics at which point you can't do much about that.
Now I am close to completing a new version of my file in which I take a new approach that might be more to your liking.

Great stuff! It feels very good and also gives much more room to play with the settings as it seems to be much less sensitive to clipping. Even my crappy old DFGT feels very nice now.

Thanks Christiaan!

Yeah, I know what you mean and if you haven't driven in a sim for a long time than you really start to notice it. In my case what got in between was life... hot summer, home improvement work, being simply tired from all that work in the first place. You know how it goes.

What I noticed myself was that the current file you guys have seems indeed as if it misses out on that tacky feel of rubber, that resistance to turning you have in real life. Which also thus produces that smooth rotation back to center as well as a smooth increase in resistance without deadzone when you start to steer.
Although in real life you have a difference in smoothness of steering depending on the powersteering strength or simple lack of powersteering.
Well, tried out the new version and it's a massive improvement. Tried the Formula Renault and thought it was a bit light, but as to authenticity I wouldn't have a clue. Felt decent if maybe still a tad vague but only in a small center section, way smaller than before.

Trying out the BMW 1m again the FFB float is gone entirely. The car still floats and fish tails all over compared to AC, but now I can actually feel what it's doing instead of getting nothing at all. No idea if it's a setup thing but it feels like a death trap more than a finely tuned automobile. The only slight criticism I have is since it fishtails so much there's a lot of countersteer effect, which feels a tad strong, especially under small undulations that can output very high countersteer effects.
The FFB grain is still present, and I'm thinking it might just be a PC2 thing since it doesn't happen in any of the other... wow, literally 20 games I have/tried. Don't remember if it exists in PC1. For some reason it's the only game that feels clunky in the FFB.

Well, tried out the new version and it's a massive improvement. Tried the Formula Renault and thought it was a bit light, but as to authenticity I wouldn't have a clue. Felt decent if maybe still a tad vague but only in a small center section, way smaller than before.

Trying out the BMW 1m again the FFB float is gone entirely. The car still floats and fish tails all over compared to AC, but now I can actually feel what it's doing instead of getting nothing at all. No idea if it's a setup thing but it feels like a death trap more than a finely tuned automobile. The only slight criticism I have is since it fishtails so much there's a lot of countersteer effect, which feels a tad strong, especially under small undulations that can output very high countersteer effects.
The FFB grain is still present, and I'm thinking it might just be a PC2 thing since it doesn't happen in any of the other... wow, literally 20 games I have/tried. Don't remember if it exists in PC1. For some reason it's the only game that feels clunky in the FFB.
I've just spent the day playing PC2 with the only FFB adjustment being turning the volume down to 45-40 from 50. The grain is mostly gone, most of the cars countersteer isn't too strong, every car feels dramatically different, I can always tell what the car is doing, and for the first time ever I've spent time doing basic tuning setup changes.
Realistically, the fact that I've actually spent all day playing PC2 is impressive, I was expecting to just try it out, think "eh, it's not that great" and put the wheel away. At this point PC2 now looks better than AC, runs better than AC, and now I think drives better than AC, along with having more features than AC.

I've just spent the day playing PC2 with the only FFB adjustment being turning the volume down to 45-40 from 50. The grain is mostly gone, most of the cars countersteer isn't too strong, every car feels dramatically different, I can always tell what the car is doing, and for the first time ever I've spent time doing basic tuning setup changes.
Realistically, the fact that I've actually spent all day playing PC2 is impressive, I was expecting to just try it out, think "eh, it's not that great" and put the wheel away. At this point PC2 now looks better than AC, runs better than AC, and now I think drives better than AC, along with having more features than AC.

Plus it leaves PC3 in the dust, although that isn't hard. :roflmao:

It drives better than AC but the goal set by my test driver was to match ACC instead. How do you feel it compares to ACC?

Great stuff but still getting some annoying ABS judder with the Ferrari 288...
it's much better than before though!

I'll have a look at it.
What driving aids settings were you using and with what wheel?
I am guessing forced ABS as the Ferrari 288 GTO doesn't have ABS in real life as far as I know.

Edit:
Fixed this issue in v2.3, see the post below.

Last edited:
LogiForce updated Christiaan's Pure FFB with a new update entry:

Christiaan's Pure FFB v2.3

Changes:
--------

v2.3:
- FIXED: My and Mx were send inverted to the FFB system (figured it out with the help of Jack Spade, thanks mate!). This fixes ABS, Curbstone and Road noise feeling.
- ADDED: Added back tighten center for those Logitech users who still wish to utilize it. You can edit this via the variables on top of the FFB file, so no need to dig through code. It is switched off by default by setting these variables to zero but the Logitech wheel settings are written above those...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi LogiForce, i have a problem with the file, when i release the hands of the wheel, the wheel moves side to side alone, wich setting can i touch to control that behavior

Hi LogiForce, i have a problem with the file, when i release the hands of the wheel, the wheel moves side to side alone, wich setting can i touch to control that behavior

I reckon you already have version 2.3?
Personally I haven't had any issues yet with what you describe and what I'd call oscillations, not using version 2.3.

Is this at standstill or when driving? Cause when driving the road might also be very rough and cause the steering wheel to move like that. Hence my driving instructor said to keep two hands on the wheel when you can. ;)

Personally I would try to turn FX off, as the engine noise generated via FX is an oscillation in itself but very fine and can hardly disturb anything.
That said better safe then sorry, right.
Then with FX down try to reduce tone from the default 50 to 25 and see what happens.
If turning down tone doesn't help, try reducing volume to 40 or maybe less.

If all fails then get back to me and give me the following:

- Steering wheel brand and type (e.g. Logitech G29 / Fanatec CSW v2.5 / etc)
- Driver version + driver/wheel settings
- FFB file version
- Game FFB settings
- Tested car(s)
- Tested track(s)
- Exact description of the issue
- Instructions to me on how to reproduce it

I recently created a mailing list for donors who kindly gave me a gift through PayPal for my work.
Personally I wanted to give something back to these people and so I wanted to at least give them an easy way to stay up to date with what's happening with my file.

Also I will be giving each person who donates my email address so that you can personally contact me and receive some one on one quick support from me.

So if anyone wants to get put on the mailing list and receive more personal help, donate as much as you think my work and the little service is worth.
If you're fine as is than that's fine too and I equally hope you enjoy my work, because I do it so that we all can have more fun with this game and not to enrich myself in any way. So no hard feelings at all.

Lastly I just want to say thank you to all who have donated so far, it is really appreciated and it's a small bit of satisfaction and motivation to keep on going with all of this. Thank you!

I test to reduce the things you say, the only that works is low volume, like 10-15, but with that volume the ffb is too light, almost unusable.

- G29
- Logitech gaming software, all default 900 degres, 50%, no autocenter, etc
- 100/50/50/50
- any car
- any track
- If you take the hands off the wheel, it start to accelerate going side to side, dont respond to the natural car behavior (the cars autocenter if you dont make a violent move in the wheel)
-You can reproduce it in this way: Go in a straight, with good speed, take the hands off the wheel and enjoy.

I test to reduce the things you say, the only that works is low volume, like 10-15, but with that volume the ffb is too light, almost unusable.

- G29
- Logitech gaming software, all default 900 degres, 50%, no autocenter, etc
- 100/50/50/50
- any car
- any track
- If you take the hands off the wheel, it start to accelerate going side to side, dont respond to the natural car behavior (the cars autocenter if you dont make a violent move in the wheel)
-You can reproduce it in this way: Go in a straight, with good speed, take the hands off the wheel and enjoy.

I will have to repair my G25 first tomorrow since it has a broken code wheel, but will test this out as soon as possible.

I've spend hours tonight until now in the morning, and while yes cars can get upset enough by road indulations at speed to go out of control with no hands driving. I have not encountered anything severe enough that would cause weirdness happening in that situation. Not on my CSWv2 and also not on a CSWv1.

So let me fix my ancient hardware here and get back to you after a good test run with gear driven hardware.

- G29
- Logitech gaming software, all default 900 degres, 50%, no autocenter, ...
And why are you so sure that his mod is producing this effect ?
You can always roll back to game original version, don't you ?
I believe you did make a back up first :)
Btw, I have very similar wheel (G27) and I see no problems like those you have. Or any. Feels quite good and as natural as this game can provide.
Good luck.

And why are you so sure that his mod is producing this effect ?
You can always roll back to game original version, don't you ?
I believe you did make a back up first :)
Btw, I have very similar wheel (G27) and I see no problems like those you have. Or any. Feels quite good and as natural as this game can provide.
Good luck.

Anyone can always roll back to an older version of my file, because thanks to RD there is a history tab to download older versions.

Well, I just fixed the gear bell housing of my G25 and its encoder wheel. So fingers crossed it won't fall apart mid curb rattle and I can do some testing soon. Although I think dinner is about ready as I can smell some upstairs. So first things first. ;)

Plus it leaves PC3 in the dust, although that isn't hard. :roflmao:

It drives better than AC but the goal set by my test driver was to match ACC instead. How do you feel it compares to ACC?
I can't be sure without playing it, but I think PC3 would still be fun. I enjoyed basically all the Codemasters titles outside the F1 games I haven't played. Don't much care if it's not a sim as long as it's fun. Besides, everyone gave PC and PC2 **** for not being sim enough, so it's really nothing new.

Couldn't tell you. I felt so burned by how lackluster AC is and the shitty asshole devs that made it that I decided not to buy ACC. Add to that the fact that I'm apparently the only person on the planet that prefers road cars to GT, F1, and supercars it doesn't really have much for me.

In any case, I've continued messing around with it and trying out more different cars. Generally speaking, most are pretty good. I still think the countersteer is a bit hard to catch and keep a drift going, but it varies pretty widely based on car. The Aston Martin DB11 is god awful to drive and the FFB is very weak. In a similar vein, the stock 66 Mustang also feels vague, but being a 60's car with power steering (I'm pretty sure) it feels roughly right. The Evos, Caterham, Lotus 49 all feel great.

*edit
Upon your newest update I've messed about for a few more minutes before I call it a night. I can't really tell if I feel a big difference, but I did try drifting again, this time in the Toyota 86. It actually feels pretty good with the volume turned down to 40, though the snap countersteer I think could still maybe be a bit too much. I'm certainly no pro, and by that I mean I suck, so take from that what you will. Either way, the 86 in AC is a right bore to drive, and uncharacteristically refuses to drift. PC2 feels great, so I might actually just replace AC altogether.

Last edited:
That snap countersteer might actually be because of an issue in the game since pC1.
I still need to run more tests though in order to be sure.
Basically Mx isn't doing much or anything, which needs to keep Mz in check from over shooting (giving it the drag so to speak).

I am currently just sitting here doing nothing but bringing up a 3D imagine in my mind of how these forces all interact and not only with one tyre but all of them and how they are connected to one another.
So far I can only conclude that missing Mx is causing issues.

Anyway, I pulled an all nighter and have a headache now. So I might have to let it be for today and just pick up fresh tomorrow.
Sometimes thinking too hard about something makes you blind.
I think it's best for me to take everything internally back to basics and see how it goes.

That snap countersteer might actually be because of an issue in the game since pC1.
I still need to run more tests though in order to be sure.
Basically Mx isn't doing much or anything, which needs to keep Mz in check from over shooting (giving it the drag so to speak).

I am currently just sitting here doing nothing but bringing up a 3D imagine in my mind of how these forces all interact and not only with one tyre but all of them and how they are connected to one another.
So far I can only conclude that missing Mx is causing issues.

Anyway, I pulled an all nighter and have a headache now. So I might have to let it be for today and just pick up fresh tomorrow.
Sometimes thinking too hard about something makes you blind.
I think it's best for me to take everything internally back to basics and see how it goes.
There's definitely people online that drift pretty successfully in PC2. Haven't really looked at their setups or anything yet, so that might solve it. Or maybe they use controllers, I don't know. The vehicle behavior is mostly the same as AC, it's just stronger in the countersteer. I can always try just changing the volume lower for drifting.

There's definitely people online that drift pretty successfully in PC2. Haven't really looked at their setups or anything yet, so that might solve it. Or maybe they use controllers, I don't know. The vehicle behavior is mostly the same as AC, it's just stronger in the countersteer. I can always try just changing the volume lower for drifting.

Instead of volume reduction try reducing tone instead to 25-30 instead and maybe you need to then boost volume a bit to compensate.

I think the shake might be from some differential stuff that gives you that road feel as well. Maybe it's a bit overdone.

Instead of volume reduction try reducing tone instead to 25-30 instead and maybe you need to then boost volume a bit to compensate.

I think the shake might be from some differential stuff that gives you that road feel as well. Maybe it's a bit overdone.
Yeah, I tried messing around with the volume and tone, as well as the overall gain. I'm not sure how to make the wheel feel lighter on basic turns but still have countersteer of an appropriate value. Cutting tone did kill the countersteer effect though. I'll have to mess around with it more. When everything goes right and the wheel isn't too heavy it drifts about as well as AC.
Otherwise I'm still having fun doing straight driving. Just took 32 go-karts around Nurburgring at sunrise. Suddenly they're actually tolerable and mostly controllable.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years