CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions

Skins CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions 0.9.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the skins. They look fantastic. We need Reiza to give us two more Mercedes, and two more Hondas so we can have Helio Castroneves, JJ Lehto, Tony Kanaan, with Gil de Ferran in the Honda slot, and maybe Dennis Vitolo or Gualter Salles in Gils Ford slot.

Last edited:
chrisi2174 updated CART 1998 Skins F-USA Gen2 24-Skins + Custom Driver AI with a new update entry:

+ Arciero Wells Racing Skins, AAR Skin update... and other improvements.

There will be a driver AI update in the future. And depending on whether Reiza still releases more car slots, otherwise the skins here are complete! If you want to use other skins just look here on Racedepartment, there are still some to choose from!

View attachment 529162View attachment 529164

Read the rest of this update entry...

chrisi2174 updated CART 1998 Skins F-USA Gen2 24-Skins + Custom Driver AI with a new update entry:

Tony Kanaan Tasman Skin and AI update by gamer19

Tony Kanaan Tasman Skin is based on Skin gamer19 Tasman Skin​

A first AI update is also coming from [B]gamer19[/B] and there will be more AI adjustments from him as well but it needs time to test it to get it as close as possible to the 1998 season.

in version 0.9. 1:
Tony Kanaan Tasman Skin instead of Hideshi Matsuda Della Penna Skin because he only competed in one race! It's a Swift and not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

omg I slowly realise what am I getting myself into :roflmao:

example of one 60 lap race with the latest AI version.
qualy 45 minutes. I didn't drive, to not interfere with AI.
track Laguna Seca, 100% strength. I used P.J Jones slot.
AMS2_Laguna_Qualy.jpg

AMS2_Laguna_Race.jpg

I mean... it's quite hard to make them do results close to their real-life version of
themselves cause - I could do that pretty much for ONE race but 19 !? impossible.
this was no today's F1, where you can guess drivers places easily, one week a driver
would be on pole, next as bad as - 26th ?! :alien: (really, Patrick Carpentier, week 3 and 4)

another thing, which you probably already noticed... cars in AMS2 rarely, if ever, crash :x3:
(btw increasing aggressiveness to the max won't help) not to mention malfunctions :rolleyes:
in those days it was a common thing to 10- 15 cars don't finish. which makes making
AI finishing on closely realistic (average) position in a game an almost impossible job.

but I'll give my best :D
and I'm open if anyone have any suggestions of course :)

Last edited:
omg I slowly realise what am I getting myself into :roflmao:

example of one 60 lap race with the latest AI version.
qualy 45 minutes. I didn't drive, to not interfere with AI.
track Laguna Seca, 100% strength. I used P.J Jones slot.
View attachment 530778

View attachment 530779
I mean... it's quite hard to make them do results close to their real-life version of
themselves cause - I could do that pretty much for ONE race but 19 !? impossible.
this was no today's F1, where you can guess drivers places easily, one week a driver
would be on pole, next as bad as - 26th ?! :alien: (really, Patrick Carpentier, week 3 and 4)

another thing, which you probably already noticed... cars in AMS2 rarely, if ever, crash :x3:
(btw increasing aggressiveness to the max won't help) not to mention malfunctions :rolleyes:
in those days it was a common thing to 10- 15 cars don't finish. which makes making
AI finishing on closely realistic (average) position in a game an almost impossible job.

but I'll give my best :D
and I'm open if anyone have any suggestions of course :)
Maybe one should orientate oneself more to the championship level. and make more differences in aggressiveness, because sometimes a faster driver cannot get past a slow driver even though he is much faster.

it's not only aggressiveness, there's many other parameters in play

race_skill (OF COURSE, MAIN PARAMETER IN THE RACE)
qualifying_skill (I'VE MADE THEM FASTER IN QUALY THAN RACE. CAUSE THAT'S THE WAY)
aggression (IMPORTANT, I KNOW. BUT MAYBE NOT AS WE THINK IT SHOULD BE)
defending (THIS IS IMPORTANT, MADE THEM DEFEND MORE OR LESS)
stamina (NOT SURE. I MEAN I KNOW WHAT STAMINA IS BUT WHAT IT DOES IN RACE hmm...)
consistency (OK, LOVE THIS PARAMETER. ONE OF MY FAVORITE :D MAKE THEM NOT ROBOTS LIKE)
start_reactions (ALSO COULD BE USEFUL FOR THOSE WHO MANAGE TO QUALY HIGH BUT SUCK IN RACE)
wet_skill (IT'S JUST FOR RAIN RACES, I BELIEVE WHEN IT RAINS IT'S SOMETHING LIKE "race_skill + wet_skill")
tyre_management (also important, I believe guys with higher # need less pit stops + drive better on old tires)
blue_flag_conceding (NOT SO IMPORTANT. I HATE BENCHMARKERS, LOVE WHEN THEY MOVE FOR LEADERS)
weather_tyre_changes (PRETTY SELF-EXPLANATORY, SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT FOR MIXED WEATHER RACES)

and at the moment I tried aggressiveness at 0.9 (default was 0.5) and still don't see much difference.
and still no retiring or crashing whatsoever. so that's a bummer but what we can do...
and I agree that we could use from more overtaking, that's always fun, but if you look at those 2 pictures above
Zanardi has started 4th - finished 1st (+3);
Blundell started 20th - finished 16 (+4!);
Kanaan started 11th - finished 6 (+5!!);
Hearn started 18th - finished 12 (that's +6 places!!!)

...so we can't tell that there's no overtaking, AI simply follow the numbers we wrote for them
and I wrote them those.
I even noticed that drivers who were in real life (in 1998 season at least) great at qualy
and not so great in race behave similar here (like de Ferran, started 10th - finished 14th)

so it's really just the numbers...
but it's often a bit pain in the *ss to get them exactly the way you want :)

and btw I was thinking about opening some separate topic to discuss about editing AI
to stop spamming your topic about these beautiful liveries. maybe I'll do that, soon :geek:

Last edited:
it's not only aggressiveness, there's many other parameters in play

race_skill (OF COURSE, MAIN PARAMETER IN THE RACE)
qualifying_skill (I'VE MADE THEM FASTER IN QUALY THAN RACE. CAUSE THAT'S THE WAY)
aggression (IMPORTANT, I KNOW. BUT MAYBE NOT AS WE THINK IT SHOULD BE)
defending (THIS IS IMPORTANT, MADE THEM DEFEND MORE OR LESS)
stamina (NOT SURE. I MEAN I KNOW WHAT STAMINA IS BUT WHAT IT DOES IN RACE hmm...)
consistency (OK, LOVE THIS PARAMETER. ONE OF MY FAVORITE :D MAKE THEM NOT ROBOTS LIKE)
start_reactions (ALSO COULD BE USEFUL FOR THOSE WHO MANAGE TO QUALY HIGH BUT SUCK IN RACE)
wet_skill (IT'S JUST FOR RAIN RACES, I BELIEVE WHEN IT RAINS IT'S SOMETHING LIKE "race_skill + wet_skill")
tyre_management (also important, I believe guys with higher # need less pit stops + drive better on old tires)
blue_flag_conceding (NOT SO IMPORTANT. I HATE BENCHMARKERS, LOVE WHEN THEY MOVE FOR LEADERS)
weather_tyre_changes (PRETTY SELF-EXPLANATORY, SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT FOR MIXED WEATHER RACES)

and at the moment I tried aggressiveness at 0.9 (default was 0.5) and still don't see much difference.
and still no retiring or crashing whatsoever. so that's a bummer but what we can do...
and I agree that we could use from more overtaking, that's always fun, but if you look at those 2 pictures above
Zanardi has started 4th - finished 1st (+3);
Blundell started 20th - finished 16 (+4!);
Kanaan started 11th - finished 6 (+5!!);
Hearn started 18th - finished 12 (that's +6 places!!!)

...so we can't tell that there's no overtaking, AI simply follow the numbers we wrote for them
and I wrote them those.
I even noticed that drivers who were in real life (in 1998 season at least) great at qualy
and not so great in race behave similar here (like de Ferran, started 10th - finished 14th)

so it's really just the numbers...
but it's often a bit pain in the *ss to get them exactly the way you want :)

and btw I was thinking about opening some separate topic to discuss about editing AI
to stop spamming your topic about these beautiful liveries. maybe I'll do that, soon :geek:
HERECheck this out seems to have found a good metode

sorry to ask, but I´m very curious to see the gen3 skins..
Yes sorry, I'm still waiting for the next update. There is a bug with the Lola Gen3 cars that needs to be fixed, otherwise the Lola overrides won't be shown and in the next update we will be able to choose the colour of the rims for Gen2 and Gen3.
For the AI drivers I have already created a pre-release, they only have to be adapted to the Performans of the 2000 season.

Last edited:
from Gen2 to Gen3 does not fit exactly
it´s some way to use gen 2 in gen 3 cars? I´m very curious to play with real skins.
I had sths private things to do and not as much time as I thought.
Please give me some more time I have 18 real skins ready so far, but I still have to sort some things before the release because 2 Reynard Ford places are missing but 2 Reynard Mercedes are more there and so on.
Here here are a few more pictures

Last edited:
Seeing as the rules have now changed regarding the wheels in the xml file, and that these liveries don't work any more, do you think you would be able to update the file to include the correct wheels for the particular car, be it Black, Silver or Gold, so that the liveries will work again? Thanks. Keep up the fantastic work that helps bring AMS2 truly alive.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.