CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions

Skins CART-1998 Liveries F-USA Gen2 + Oval-Versions 0.9.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
My opinion is to paint Honda on the skin. Precedent was kind of set with the Penskes having Mercedes-Benz on their skins, but going to the Lola/Ford. Gil had Goodyear tires up to 1999 so his car can be a little slower with the Ford engine. The Ford was the second-best engine in 1998, but had very good power at times such as Scott Pruett's pole position at Fontana.

chrisi, you're the man! Been enjoying this series more than anything else in AMS 2, and your liveries and the custom AI make it just awesome. When do you think there will be a V1.0? I am going to do a custom championship and want it to be as authentic as possible.

I've put together a video where I try to recreate the driver's eye view in these cars. Take a look and tell me what you think:

Last edited:
chrisi, you're the man! Been enjoying this series more than anything else in AMS 2, and your liveries and the custom AI make it just awesome. When do you think there will be a V1.0? I am going to do a custom championship and want it to be as authentic as possible.

I've put together a video where I try to recreate the driver's eye view in these cars. Take a look and tell me what you think:
Great editing, but the wheel looks a bit big? Really well put together video though. I did a similar video a few posts further up, tbh the perspective on that also looks wrong. I think I need to raise my seating in the cockpit as on camera my wheel looks to low on the cockpit.

Last edited:
chrisi2174 updated CART Skins F-USA Gen2 18-Skins + Custom Driver AI with a new update entry:

+ Walker Racing (Gil de Ferran) I changed the dds folders from chrisi74racing to Cart1998

Please uninstall the Cart folder (cart_lola_t98, cart_lola_t98, cart_reynard_98i_honda, cart_reynard_98i_mercedes, cart_reynard_98i_toyota, cart_swift_009c)
in the Overrides folder and then install the one from my packed zip file! because I changed the dds folders from chrisi74racing to Cart1998.
View attachment 525936

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yeah, but that's the case in mine, I'm just saying he's got the wheel/camera a bit too close with the fov a bit far out in relation to it all. But otherwise an awesome video put together!
That's right. But I cannot move the seat further back. Also, it's a GT seat, not a formula seat in which you would rather lie than sit. The rim (https://acelith.com/products/add-on-ace-one-rim-for-fanatec-universal-hub) is 300 mm in diameter and primarily for GT cars. But it also works pretty well for the CARTs.

That's right. But I cannot move the seat further back. Also, it's a GT seat, not a formula seat in which you would rather lie than sit. The rim (https://acelith.com/products/add-on-ace-one-rim-for-fanatec-universal-hub) is 300 mm in diameter and primarily for GT cars. But it also works pretty well for the CARTs.
By the way, the new Fanatec DD Wheel is already supported in the new beta version. So I assume that it will also be available for the normal version with the next update.

First of all, awesome job on these as is always the case with your work! Thank you!!!

For some odd reason, the Reynard-Toyota livery isn’t appearing in the game for me with this recent 0.7.3 release. The single Arciero-Wells MCI livery is currently the only one released for this Chassis/engine combo, right? It’s the only one in the whole pack I have any issues with. All the other liveries are present including the new Della Penna Swifts introduced in this release. Just no liveries for the Toyota team in the previews, showroom, or on track. The game *is* reading the xml file because the Arciero-Wells and All American Racers text strings appear in the vehicle selection screen for all of their respective livery slot numbers. Just no skin there or anywhere else for this particular chassis/engine combo.

I manually removed all the prior xml files and chrisi74racing folders before extracting the zip for this new release. I also checked for typos within the Reynard-Toyota xml file as well as the file names within their Cart1998 folder and saw no errors at all. Everything looks spot on to me. I’m stumped as to why the livery isn’t displaying.

First of all, awesome job on these as is always the case with your work! Thank you!!!

For some odd reason, the Reynard-Toyota livery isn’t appearing in the game for me with this recent 0.7.3 release. The single Arciero-Wells MCI livery is currently the only one released for this Chassis/engine combo, right? It’s the only one in the whole pack I have any issues with. All the other liveries are present including the new Della Penna Swifts introduced in this release. Just no liveries for the Toyota team in the previews, showroom, or on track. The game *is* reading the xml file because the Arciero-Wells and All American Racers text strings appear in the vehicle selection screen for all of their respective livery slot numbers. Just no skin there or anywhere else for this particular chassis/engine combo.

I manually removed all the prior xml files and chrisi74racing folders before extracting the zip for this new release. I also checked for typos within the Reynard-Toyota xml file as well as the file names within their Cart1998 folder and saw no errors at all. Everything looks spot on to me. I’m stumped as to why the livery isn’t displaying.
The Toyotas of Papis and Gordon were made by another modder, you can get it here:
Just put the liveries and previews into the correct folder and use Chrisi74's xml-files (in vehicles - and userdata folder).

Last edited:
chrisi2174 updated CART Skins F-USA Gen2 20-Skins + Custom Driver AI with a new update entry:

+ Payton-Coyne Racing Skin (Michel Jourdain Jr.)

in version 0.7.4 :
+ Payton-Coyne Racing Skin (Michel Jourdain Jr.) , Player's Forsythe the player font and other small things adapted to the original, Penske Skins car numbers enlarged. etc.

For the Reynard Toyota Skins by iksmean Please just exchange the dds files from the overides folder of iksmean (cart_reynard_98i_toyota\iksmean) and the overides folder of me (cart_reynard_98i_toyota\Cart1998)!
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a question about the logos of the tyre manufacturers on the cars. Would you rather have the original logos that were on the cars back then or just Firestone logos because unfortunately we only have Firestone tyres here?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.